• I was JUST about to put,"Isn't DJ Ashba more of a clown than a joke?" But I put "mistake," at the last second. 💡🤔
    • Yes, but not usually to question your strategic decisions. Like, you trust your driver to find the best route to the airport, and if you suggest a route and he tells you, "No, this way is better," than you trust that judgement because he's the expert, but you won't accept him to interfere with other parts of your business/operations. You hire management to realize your plans, not to tell you what the plans are supposed to be or to tell you how to get to the airport. You hire video creators to make you a video based on your vision, not to come up with that vision for you, or to tell you what route to take when driving to the airport. The point is, as a boss you hire people that are better at you at things that needs to be done, but the overall plans and strategy lies with you and your team. And the extent to which you empower your people/employees to make decisions within the limit of your plan/vision/idea, will vary. Sometimes you just give them the rough idea and they sketch out the details, other times you get into the details together with them. So is the driver a yes man when he drives you to the airport? No, that's his job. He would be a yes man if he took your directions when he knew they were bad. Because it is his job to know the best way and he should speak out when a bad decision is made within his sphere of professionality.  Is the management team a yes team if them do what Axl tells them to do? No, of course not, that's their job. But most likely they are hired to also provide advice on business decisions, and we must assume Team Brazil, like previous managers, offer Axl advice when they see fit. If hey are supposed to provide advice and they don't, especially if they feel a bad decision is made, then yes, they are yes men. Of course we have no good insight into the decision making processes in GN'R and TB's role, but based on what previous managers have said, and also some hints from TB, it suggests they are providing advice and recommendations, but ultimately it is up to Axl to then decide and they to execute. 
    • if an employee says "no" to me or doesn't do what I need him to do as boss, should I give him a raise? after you succeed you sometimes need a guy or a group of people to take care of shit you don't want to do/don't want to even think about. time is money and maybe Axl wants to use his to take extended naps for example cause he can afford it. it's not dumb if you require it to live more how you want to live as an eccentric rich guy. Axl seems to have found the formula that works for him after trying a lot of outside managers. if using people he trusts is a priority, people who know him or what he needs, that is not dumb, it;s logical.   
    • This. You usually hire people, because you need someone to do things that you can't or don't know about. People that know what they are doing and are able to tell you when something is not feasible/reasonable/cost-effective etc. If you want to succeed, hiring yes-men is the dumbest thing you can do.
  • Topics

• Recent Status Updates