Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

Listen I use to manage a Sam goody store and let me tell u. From a mangers point a view, Managers don’t know shit!! Trust me on this. The distributors can come in, any day without the Managers knowing this. Overnight with a packet saying display this tomorrow. So stop asking the retailers, we know more than them trust me!

Also Itunes can do the same too. Sammy Hagar New Album was not up on until midnight of the day if was going to come out. Witch is what GNR is going to do too. ;)

If Ax said this Year, than just wait it out. Or listen to the Demo tracks shit. Trust me, I want this album too. But Bitching is not going to get us any ware.

I talked to a buddy of mine who used to run Rainbow records and he said he rarely never knew shit about new releases, and they would get their shipments at ANY time beofore the date. They would close the store at midnight, (unless it was a midnight release) and open a cd and play it while they set up the display and stocked it, which they could usually do by the time the cd was over. So all this "No way" bullshit is just that, Bullshit. The Cd may or may not come out. But record store managers have no control on ordering anymore, it is all done by computers. Rarely do managers do anything but tell the other emplayees to vacuum. No offense, even if you are the vacuum guy, but it is all in corporates hands.

Right on the Money ;)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, here we go again.

22 users are reading this post.

I guess this should be a very important post but I still can't see any reference to the major music retailer that we're talking about.

And I'm not saying this shit ain't truth.

I'm just saying that I might not mean much b/c even his friend said that anything is possible.

I think a lot of people (like myself) lost hope when Universal Music Canda said we won't have CD

universal said fuck all.

merck took the time to shoot that shit down. - "No one at Universal has made any comment about the release date."

Edited by snakepit_uk

Listen I use to manage a Sam goody store and let me tell u. From a mangers point a view, Managers don’t know shit!! Trust me on this. The distributors can come in, any day without the Managers knowing this. Overnight with a packet saying display this tomorrow. So stop asking the retailers, we know more than them trust me!

Also Itunes can do the same too. Sammy Hagar New Album was not up on until midnight of the day if was going to come out. Witch is what GNR is going to do too. ;)

If Ax said this Year, than just wait it out. Or listen to the Demo tracks shit. Trust me, I want this album too. But Bitching is not going to get us any ware.

I'm interested to hear more about these witches and their part in the release of CD. I would agree with you that bitching at witches is a very bad idea, and will only bring supernatural shenanigans upon us. :shocked:

It's bad mojo I tell ya. Just ask Ax and he'll back me up on this one. :no:

Edited by Takeshi

I decided to ask a manager of an HMV some questions since I am tired of reading everyone else's stories.

Gillian: question do all HMV's have the same advertisements up?

Why was HMV announcing Chinese Democracy being released the 14th of Nov... when no official date was set :P

Gillian's side note to you all: (all the stores in my city had posters advertising the 14th)

guy: i have an order outstanding that the label said was going to be delivered for the 14th release date. As always (trust me the album has had 7 release dates) the week before it was pulled and a new date has yet to be given. That album is the biggest joke as far as anyone in the industry is concerned. every 6 months it's the same shit over and over again.

Gillian: Other question were all orders going to be shipped under the real name?

I have heard with UYI that they were shipped under a false name to prevent people from actually knowing what was being shipped and reduce leaks.

Is this actually done with CDs?

Guy: No it's not done in Canada, It is done sometimes in the UK. We need to know what product we are working with to manage our inventory and shelf space at all times. Once a box of product is recieved we open it so putting a false name on it would be a waste of time.

Take it for what its worth... just another piece of the puzzle.

I decided to ask a manager of an HMV some questions since I am tired of reading everyone else's stories.

Gillian: question do all HMV's have the same advertisements up?

Why was HMV announcing Chinese Democracy being released the 14th of Nov... when no official date was set :P

Gillian's side note to you all: (all the stores in my city had posters advertising the 14th)

guy: i have an order outstanding that the label said was going to be delivered for the 14th release date. As always (trust me the album has had 7 release dates) the week before it was pulled and a new date has yet to be given. That album is the biggest joke as far as anyone in the industry is concerned. every 6 months it's the same shit over and over again.

Gillian: Other question were all orders going to be shipped under the real name?

I have heard with UYI that they were shipped under a false name to prevent people from actually knowing what was being shipped and reduce leaks.

Is this actually done with CDs?

Guy: No it's not done in Canada, It is done sometimes in the UK. We need to know what product we are working with to manage our inventory and shelf space at all times. Once a box of product is recieved we open it so putting a false name on it would be a waste of time.

Take it for what its worth... just another piece of the puzzle.

Do you guys really believe thisI I once changed a motor on the side of Highway 5 in three hours with a trailered cherry picker. Do you guys think stocking a few hundred Cd's and an end cap display is going to take so long they need to know a week in advance. I challenge any record store owner in the bay area of California to prove that I myslef cannot build a display and cut in a few hundred cd's into a cd rack. You do realize they have overflow shelves right underneath. All it take is some kid making 7 bucks an hour to go fill the rack again when Kaneda says "Hey are there anymore new GNR cd's left????"

That's exactly what I said in the other thread. I work at a record store, and no matter what people may claim, we need advance notice - we can't just have an album show up the day of (or day before) release. This stuff is scheduled.

If it's going to be a surprise release, the only thing that would work would be a false title. But this guy said that's pretty much impossible today, so I don't know. :(

Ah, yes who could forget that. When Napster was trying to get UYI way back in 1991.

I called HMV and asked when Chinese Democracy was coming out. They hung up on me. Now I'm sueing them. :)

You ought to do the same thing I did, Sue them for Sexual Harrasment. All I did was point at the 1980's Glam Axl Doll where HMV touched me, than Larry H. Parker got me 1.1 Million dollars!

Ah, yes who could forget that. When Napster was trying to get UYI way back in 1991.

:rolleyes: not all leaks have to be on the interent

I think it is humorous that so many people are getting frustrated about this and arguing so much.

My wife or my kids or students that I teach have the ability to frustrate me or disappoint me. I love GnR and all, but not so much that I do more than wish that the album were coming out every Tuesday. To say "I'm disappointed in Axl" seems too...clingy, is that the right word???... to me. I mean, come on, you don't know the man, you just enjoy his music. I will be overjoyed when the album comes out, but I don't lose an ounce of sleep over it. If my wife left me, or my kid got into a fight, or my students do poorly on one of my tests.. that conjures up strong emotions like frustration and disappointment, but GnR... they only conjure up good emotions... I'm not going to let myself get worked up by a source of entertainment (except for the Cubbies... it's almost been a hundred years now... that's getting a little ridiculous)

I think it is humorous that so many people are getting frustrated about this and arguing so much.

My wife or my kids or students that I teach have the ability to frustrate me or disappoint me. I love GnR and all, but not so much that I do more than wish that the album were coming out every Tuesday. To say "I'm disappointed in Axl" seems too...clingy, is that the right word???... to me. I mean, come on, you don't know the man, you just enjoy his music. I will be overjoyed when the album comes out, but I don't lose an ounce of sleep over it. If my wife left me, or my kid got into a fight, or my students do poorly on one of my tests.. that conjures up strong emotions like frustration and disappointment, but GnR... they only conjure up good emotions... I'm not going to let myself get worked up by a source of entertainment (except for the Cubbies... it's almost been a hundred years now... that's getting a little ridiculous)

I couldnt agree with you more.

Sincerely, Steve Bartman

is this some error?

go check it out its not coming on with the deleted shit n 18-12-06 thing..

wheres it gone?

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProduct...5&locale=uk

and when you searched for cd on albums it use to come up (yesterday)

now its

Sorry

There were no results found matching your search

Edited by There Was A Fine