Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

Amazon

For what it's worth, the image has been removed. I think we it was fake any way ;)

The release date remains the same:

Availability: This title will be released on September 17, 2007. Pre-order now!

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

Although the release date is probably best taken with a pinch of salt (as they say).

For an album that was due out in 2006, I can't see why they needed another year to mix it?

If Gn'R take much longer, they won't need a CD cover. In the news today, they reported how many stores (here in the UK) are dropping selling CD's, as iTunes is taking over. In the report they list CD as heading the same direction a VHS video. DVD is fading too, in favour of Hi-Def. The worlds changing too damn fast :D

Edited by dobadog

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the album is going to be out on the 17th of September seeing that, that day is a Monday the album will be released on the 18th.

But I have a feeling September 17th will come and September 17th will go.

The link you just clicked on was amazon UK. That's a part of the Earth slightly to your East. Albums are released on a Monday there.

So if the album is going to be out on the 17th of September seeing that, that day is a Monday the album will be released on the 18th.

The link you just clicked on was amazon UK. That's a part of the Earth slightly to your East. Albums are released on a Monday there.

It astounds me how many times this needs pointing out...

LP

It astounds me how many times this needs pointing out...

LP

Why are albums released on a Tuesday in the US? Always struck me as odd.

Amazon

For what it's worth, the image has been removed. I think we it was fake any way ;)

The release date remains the same:

Availability: This title will be released on September 17, 2007. Pre-order now!

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

Although the release date is probably best taken with a pinch of salt (as they say).

For an album that was due out in 2006, I can't see why they needed another year to mix it?

If Gn'R take much longer, they won't need a CD cover. In the news today, they reported how many stores (here in the UK) are dropping selling CD's, as iTunes is taking over. In the report they list CD as heading the same direction a VHS video. DVD is fading too, in favour of Hi-Def. The worlds changing too damn fast :D

I might sound like a conservative old-fart, but I actually don't like the change. You see, IMO I'd rather own a hard copy than something downloaded from the internet. The quality off iTunes isn't nearly like the quality of a CD. Also, I don't like where DVDs are heading either. Soon, there won't be an actual "hard copy" the only copy you'll be able to get is right off the internet on a CD-R disc. Unfortunately, there are down sides to technology improvements. :(

About the barcode:

Dummy (number system 4) UPCs are for private use. This means anybody (typically a retailer) that needs to assign a UPC to an item that doesn't already have one, can use any number system 4 UPC it chooses. Most importantly, they can know that by doing so, they won't pick one that may already be used. So, such a UPC can and does mean something different depending on who you ask, and there's no reason to try to keep track of what products these correspond to.

So in short...not official.