Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon uses lots of holding dates for albums that are expected but don't have a release date, but obviously it has to be far enough into the future that people aren't going to order it and then expect it to arrive in a couple of weeks. That's all this is - they want to take pre-orders, but they don't know when its coming out.

Haven't people noticed by now that whenever one of these Amazon/HMV.com dates springs up, its always 4 or 5 months in the future?

Can't wait to read the threads on February 3rd :lol:

You only get let down if you expect anything.

Right on the money. When/if CD ever gets a release date, it won't be some quiet thing that sneaks out on Amazon. There'll be a big announcement, or a press release at the very least. Amazon knowing the release date would mean the label knowing the release date, and let me tell you, major labels don't keep multimillion dollar releases on the down-low.

could it be? After many false starts and rumored release dates it does look like it is finally going to happen. That's right the new Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" has a release date. At least in the UK which usually sees releases the day before the US does. If your valentine is a GN'R fan then you'll have the perfect gift next year. So you gotta have just a little more patience.

An astute reader informed us today that Amazon's UK store is now listing the release date for Chinese Democracy as Tuesday February 12, 2008. (which we confirmed) UK releases usually come out on Monday so this may be an exception or a typo but two other leading UK retailers list a February 11th release date. At press time the US Amazon site does not list the album. The UK site lists Geffen/Universal as the label. So news of Axl's split with the label might not be entirely true but obviously the label would like to recoup the millions they have sunk into the effort. Early mixes of few tracks leaked last year and were meet with rave reviews by the true believers and many expected an imminent release of the album when Axl announced a world tour late last year where he previewed some tracks from the CD. Then a management shuffle came and Axl issued a statement saying the release was coming soon.

Now that you are jumping up and down in celebration we have to tell that this isn't the first time a UK based retailer has published a release date for "Chinese Democracy". In February, HMV's website excited GN'R fans when they listed a September 2007 release date. Which will all know did not come to pass. A check of their site today shows a release date of February 11, 2008 which falls in line with the Monday release for UK releases. However, to add more fuel to the fire that this is legit, Virgin Megastore's UK site also lists a 2/11/08 release date. So with three leading retailers listing a release that week we may finally, at last see "Chinese Democracy" come to pass in February

I got this from the GNR Bar... I guess We'll see

Edited by datdude133d

they dont seem to understand that all the UK sites have been doing this over and over again. It doesnt matter if 10 of them have the same date..without an official word its worthless. At least the US Amazon is keeping it off its list. Once it hits the US Amazon site then ill believe it a bit more.

they dont seem to understand that all the UK sites have been doing this over and over again. It doesnt matter if 10 of them have the same date..without an official word its worthless. At least the US Amazon is keeping it off its list. Once it hits the US Amazon site then ill believe it a bit more.

We had an official word from Axl...made no differnence...but I still believe in Chinese Democracy, but right now I'm just waiting for Bach's albums to come out!

Am I having deja vu, or does this happen every fucking year.

As the Feb date approaches it will mysteriously change to May. Than we will get some insider rumor stating that CD will be out shortly in the summer. Than that will change to fall. And so on...

Guys i dont know about that it is posted or no, but its like new to me....

the leaked release date of chinese democracy from metal sludge is 13th feburary 2008...

source:http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?o...46&Itemid=1

Note: i totally believe its another rumour and there will be no release on it....still lets keep our fingers crossed

Edited by hasham1983