Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even think that GNR are releasing these dates. Store just seem to be coming up with the same random dates each year. Pure speculation I think.

Yeah, I guess so...but has there ever been so many sites...3 - 4 I think now, that all pick the same date??

I don't even think that GNR are releasing these dates. Store just seem to be coming up with the same random dates each year. Pure speculation I think.

Yeah, I guess so...but has there ever been so many sites...3 - 4 I think now, that all pick the same date??

No. One picks a date, and everyone else follows. It's like a rumour. HMV posts a release date. Someone at Amazon sees it and posts it as well. This means nothing. It's been going on since '02.

Gotcha...makes sense

http://www.antimusic.com/news/07/oct/06GNR...This_Week.shtml

GNR CD In February - A Top Story This Week

10/06/07

(antiMusic) Contrary to what the light on their feet bozos at a certain AOHell related tabloid site think, fans are very much still interested in Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses. If the sold out concerts last year didn't prove it, the fact that this story about a release date emerging for the long awaited Chinese Democracy should, as it not only was the most read story this week but it beat out the 2nd most read story 3-1, which is quite an accomplishment considering that story was about a Britney Spears sex tape! Here is the report.

Could it be? After many false starts and rumored release dates it does look like it is finally going to happen. That's right the new Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" has a release date. At least in the UK which usually sees releases the day before the US does. If your valentine is a GNR fan then you'll have the perfect gift next year. So you gotta have just a little more patience.

An astute reader informed us today that Amazon's UK store is now listing the release date for Chinese Democracy as Tuesday February 12, 2008. (which we confirmed) UK releases usually come out on Monday so this may be an exception or a typo but two other leading UK retailers list a February 11th release date. At press time the US Amazon site does not list the album. The UK site lists Geffen/Universal as the label. So news of Axl's split with the label might not be entirely true but obviously the label would like to recoup the millions they have sunk into the effort. Early mixes of few tracks leaked last year and were meet with rave reviews by the true believers and many expected an imminent release of the album when Axl announced a world tour late last year where he previewed some tracks from the CD. Then a management shuffle came and Axl issued a statement saying the release was coming soon.

Now that you are jumping up and down in celebration we have to tell that this isn't the first time a UK based retailer has published a release date for "Chinese Democracy". In February, HMV's website excited GNR fans when they listed a September 2007 release date. Which will all know did not come to pass. A check of their site today shows a release date of February 11, 2008 which falls in line with the Monday release for UK releases. However, to add more fuel to the fire that this is legit, Virgin Megastore's UK site also lists a 2/11/08 release date. So with three leading retailers listing a release that week we may finally, at last see "Chinese Democracy" come to pass in February.

Edited by FGNR

I have been hanging around this forum for years, long before I even signed up and started posting, and I've seen more release dates than I've had hot dinners.....

There may be some truth to this rumour, but I ain't believing a thing until I hear something official. And even then I probably won't believe it..... (!)

LA

This is all old news and based upon an article from September, who based their story on a stupid HMV release date who give a new release date based on nothing 3x per year. So could we PLEASE delete this bullshit, because it's starting to piss me off that each time I see a topic about CD release I come to the same old crap article......for fucks sake!

Over on Amazon they have the date set to: February 12, 2008

And seeing as the price is only £8.98, then I'd say the album is no double album.

Link

I would also add that if you really think that this album will only cost 9 bucks, you're out of your fucking mind :confused:

Over on Amazon they have the date set to: February 12, 2008

And seeing as the price is only £8.98, then I'd say the album is no double album.

Link

I would also add that if you really think that this album will only cost 9 bucks, you're out of your fucking mind :confused:

It's pounds not dollars.

The album has been handed in and is being pressed... oh yeah just so I dont get shot down this is IMO!!!!

GUnsguy

If the album had been turned in and was being pressed, it would have a widely-known and publicized release date. That isn't an opinion, its a matter of fact.

i think this far in it is safe to say it is not ever coming out

100% correct. I disppair for the newbs for whom it is the equivalent of 1996. They aren't used to the continual and embarassing behaviour of Axl Rose and his crew and the yarn they continue to sew about CD existing.