Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry but unverisal can burn in fucking hell for saying this

this is not news at all. This means nothing. There may very well be no CD, or the band may be finished, etc. but actually this means nothing.

the fact that you could preorder the CD for the last few years is kinda lame. Maybe now they have a firm date in mind, and this "running preorder" needs to be removed. ever think of that?

noone knows, and this means nothing, did I mention that before.

This makes no sense. I doubt it will be released anytime soon, but how can the label say it won't be out this year at all? It's still fucking January. Something doesn't add up though for certain.

Guys, this still doesn't mean anything; HMV have been wrong about those other release dates, I'd say NOT giving us one beats giving us a ridiculously off one.

Until we get anything from Axl himself, we still don't have shit.

Edit: I think you should edit your title- "No current 2008 HMV Release for CD"; I'm just saying, none of us are at any position to jump to conclusions and that title does seem somewhat deceiving.

Edited by Justagroupie

Guys, this still doesn't mean anything; HMV have been wrong about those other release dates, I'd say NOT giving us one beats giving us a ridiculously off one.

Until we get anything from Axl himself, we still don't have shit.

Edit: I think you should edit your title- "No current 2008 HMV Release for CD"; I'm just saying, none of us are at any position to jump to conclusions and that title does seem somewhat deceiving.

There's a difference.

HMV have apparently been told directly from the record company that it isn't coming out this year, this time. All the other times, they were wrong about other release dates because the record company didn't inform them, so HMV just bullshitted it.

Edited by Moop

Universal is warning retail outlets not to look for any 2008 release.

HMV have been told "no release date for this year"

W. Adam S

I pre-ordered a copy of CD when it was available on HMV's web site a couple of years ago. I just got the following email...

Dear HMV Customer You asked us to send you CHINESE DEMOCRACY by GUNS N' ROSES. Unfortunately we have been informed by their record company that this title no longer has a scheduled release date for this year. Your order will be kept open for when the album is eventually released. You have not been charged as we only take payment once we send it to you. We really hope you're not too disappointed. Kind Regards, Jamie HookOnline Buying Teamwww.hmv.com <http://www.hmv.com>

I read this on HTGTH, and this album never had a set release date for this year, so you should do like me, and stay tuned for a legit source stating a release date.

Beta will probably announce the release date by saying, "Yeah it's coming out in 2012, everybody knows that". I'd be so pissed off if I was in New GnR. Axl's motherfucking ginger bread cookie making Brazilian housekeeper gets to talk about the album I've been working on for ten years (Robin, Tommy, and Dizzy), and I'm not allowed to say fuck all.

yeah... i think the best thing to do is stay tuned for an update from a more official source. I'm sure someone with pull will hear about this tho and do some investigating. Eddie Trunk or the like would probably look into it for discussion on their show

Who knows? HMV has been wrong about 148 times in the past.

true i dont even look at the HMV CD release dates any more they are so ridiculous.

if they see bullshit release dates ,they post shit release dates

Edited by &maverick

I think people are reading way too much into the wording here. I don't expect to see the cd this year, but

"no longer has a scheduled release for this year"

DOES NOT equal

"Universal guarantees that this album cannot and will not be released this year".

Didn't we pretty much all assume the album has no release scheduled? The phrase "this year" was sloppily added in that response and IMO unnecessary for the intended response. What have we heard from Universal or GNR (Axl) in the last several months to indicate that we should expect a 2008 release? Nothing new here folks, move along.