Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

One minor issue I have is that they all say Robin Finck has gone. Which is bad news.

Bad news to who? I understand that it's hard to imagine Guns N Roses carrying on without a guy that was never on an album, but ....

THG

Ha, just what I was thinking. By the Way, are those lyrics on your profile legit? If so, where and how'd you come across those?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this is true then it is amazing how little we know about the album, one disc 3 discs,? who plays on it?, artwork?, credit to Axl for somehow managing to keep them all quite, also if it is first only available in download format, will much reduce the possibility of someone managing to leak the tracks I would think

One minor issue I have is that they all say Robin Finck has gone. Which is bad news.

Bad news to who? I understand that it's hard to imagine Guns N Roses carrying on without a guy that was never on an album, but ....

THG

Ha, just what I was thinking. By the Way, are those lyrics on your profile legit? If so, where and how'd you come across those?

Lol, if he had any material you would have to butter him up a little better than that.

THG

No. They're not legit. They are as fake as they look. "The Google" found this dumb shit:

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...545A2B010253115

Edited by bonhamfan1

i wonder how gnr fans used to live back in those days when there was no internet.

This question is irrelevant. Back then we either had GNR on tour or GNR in the studio working on an album. A release date was set and then announced and then the album came out all in a matter of months.

Now we wait 5 years for a rumor, and then 2 years for a leak, and another 2 years for a tour that's cut short, and then more leaks a year later, and another tour, and then silence followed by more leaks.

Until now!

Wow you people never learn do you?

Glutton for punishment I guess.

i wonder how gnr fans used to live back in those days when there was no internet.

This question is irrelevant. Back then we either had GNR on tour or GNR in the studio working on an album. A release date was set and then announced and then the album came out all in a matter of months.

Now we wait 5 years for a rumor, and then 2 years for a leak, and another 2 years for a tour that's cut short, and then more leaks a year later, and another tour, and then silence followed by more leaks.

Until now!

Wow you people never learn do you?

Glutton for punishment I guess.

Until now!

(thread was deleted. so here's my reply here)

'A recent conversation with a music industry manager had this usually insightful fellow proclaiming that "Chinese Democracy" would sell more than 1 million copies in its first week, but I can't see that happening. Guns N' Roses has hype but hasn't been consistently feeding its fanbase'

I'll be interesting to see how well it sells. Metallica are massive, and have a huge fan base. Metallica, bar one member are the original line up. I think sold something 300,000+ units in the first week. Guns N'Roses, are Axl + hired musicians, and only those that visit these forums know about the album. Outside these forums, GN'R don't revieve much coverage.

Nothing a good Ol Riot couldn't fix.

(thread was deleted. so here's my reply here)

'A recent conversation with a music industry manager had this usually insightful fellow proclaiming that "Chinese Democracy" would sell more than 1 million copies in its first week, but I can't see that happening. Guns N' Roses has hype but hasn't been consistently feeding its fanbase'

I'll be interesting to see how well it sells. Metallica are massive, and have a huge fan base. Metallica, bar one member are the original line up. I think sold something 300,000+ units in the first week. Guns N'Roses, are Axl + hired musicians, and only those that visit these forums know about the album. Outside these forums, GN'R don't revieve much coverage.

Yeah, but that 300,000 was only a couple of days because it was released on a Friday. Right? As far as how much gnr can sell? IMO it'll obviously sell quite a bit out of the gate, but if Axl wants this to be huge, he's gotta promote the shit out of it. Have a kickass single, ads, interviews,etc. This might allow for most people (music buyers) to see NEW GNR in a new light, as opposed to being the punchline of jokes. Based upon how even after numerous credible sites today spread the probable release date, Axl hasn't made an annoucement, I doubt anything like that will happen. I try to be positive, but the release of this album will probably go down just like the making of it and everything that has been going on since. It'll be a bunch of wasted opportunites.

While the 1 million first week sales would certainly be a big number, I think it's plausible.

I know a couple of people who are buying between 10-20 copies of the album to hand out friends, family, and others.

Others may be less zealous, but are still buying multiple copies. The GN'R fanbase will hopefully pick up the slack.

Many non-GN'R fans are interested in the album purely because of all the hype and mystery over the years, and

one would hope that Management has a good promotion plan formulated to generate interest of the casual crowds.

I identify a lot with the new songs and really hope that it succeeds. :)

-Brodie

Guest RonMexico82

Yeah for old times sake a riot would be good for sales. Maybe if Axl stage dives at an awards show and bites some people...thats rock n roll you pop star asswipes. Triple Platinum.

Edited by RonMexico82

Yeah for old times sake a riot would be good for sales. Maybe if Axl stage dives at an awards show and bites some people...thats rock n roll you pop star asswipes. Triple Platinum.

Good time would have been after the Vancouver riot in 02... That was on news stations every wheres lol

While the 1 million first week sales would certainly be a big number, I think it's plausible.

I know a couple of people who are buying between 10-20 copies of the album to hand out friends, family, and others.

Others may be less zealous, but are still buying multiple copies. The GN'R fanbase will hopefully pick up the slack.

Many non-GN'R fans are interested in the album purely because of all the hype and mystery over the years, and

one would hope that Management has a good promotion plan formulated to generate interest of the casual crowds.

I identify a lot with the new songs and really hope that it succeeds. :)

-Brodie

I'm probably gonna buy 3-4, plus my parents are both Guns fans (yes, they are NU-GNR fans too because of me :) ), so they will probably each pick up a copy themselves.

Edited by CoBrA2168

We are, in a certain way, part of the promotion. How many of us are talking about this to their friends? I guess a few of us.

I think most people might have learnt their lesson about telling people that CD is coming out by now :lol:.

I've gotta say that I'm pretty excited, but I'm just waiting for an "official" announcment before I put the date in my msn name.

We are, in a certain way, part of the promotion. How many of us are talking about this to their friends? I guess a few of us.

I think most people might have learnt their lesson about telling people that CD is coming out by now :lol:.

I've gotta say that I'm pretty excited, but I'm just waiting for an "official" announcment before I put the date in my msn name.

Ya tried that one back in 00, 02, 04, 06 ect...