Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

So I haven't been on this sub forum since the last leaks.... I see there's a new rumoured release date? And I'm also gussing, that even though its 'confirmed by sources', it has not been officially announced?

So I'm also guessing.. It's doubtful that it's actually true? :rolleyes:

Someone bring me up to speed please?

This time, it's really propably true, there will be official announcment in few days, I'm really sure.Maybe tomorrow.

By the way, I betted some money and beers in CD coming in 2008.It has to happend. :-D

:lol: Damn. I wish I could get excited.

But in the 3 Years+ i've been here.... I've seen quite a few of these threads.

This time it's different. We already have one cover, we know that there are 3 versions of it, there will be also vinyl release.Best Buy, which have exclusive deal witch universal to release it in USA have it already on their website (with release date November 25). This is really it. I know, it's hard to believe after that years, but this time, there is only one thing missing - official announcment from GNR. It will be there in few days, likely tomorrow.

Until I see an official announcement from GN'R... I really can't believe it

Here's hoping though

and where's the cover? I cant be arsed to wade through 290 pages

Edited by JDRM

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I haven't been on this sub forum since the last leaks.... I see there's a new rumoured release date? And I'm also gussing, that even though its 'confirmed by sources', it has not been officially announced?

This time, it's really propably true, there will be official announcment in few days, I'm really sure.Maybe tomorrow.

By the way, I betted some money and beers in CD coming in 2008.It has to happend. :-D

This time it's different. We already have one cover, we know that there are 3 versions of it, there will be also vinyl release.Best Buy, which have exclusive deal witch universal to release it in USA have it already on their website (with release date November 25). This is really it. I know, it's hard to believe after that years, but this time, there is only one thing missing - official announcment from GNR. It will be there in few days, likely tomorrow.

Here's hoping though

copychinesedemocoverlw7.gif

Here's hoping though

Oh wow :lol: I hope not.

I hope axl isn't under the impression that he's produced the next led Zeppelin IV

When is it likely to drop in the UK, before or after a US release?

It should be released in the UK on 24th.

Maybe Best Buy will have an in store promotion thing in the US where you can walk in and buy it on 23rd, and then it will be sold online and possibly elsewhere in US from 25th.

I guess that would give best buy 2 days of exclusivity in the states, and allow them to be the first people to get the album cuz if UK got it on 24th BB exclusive might not look so good.

LP

Seems they are stretching the article along with the facts we've gotten over the last 48 hours. Anyway, it does all seem to be coming to a head and I think we should see official statements from the band and company today or tomorrow (just guessing) That will put it all to rest.

Guest siliconmessiah

CAN PEOPLE STOP POSTING TO OTHER SOURCES THAN WWW.GUNSNROSES.COM!

IT´S FROM THE BAND WE WILL HEAR IT. OK?

Sorry for shouting, but I had to make it clear. I hope that´s alright with ya folks?

Edited by siliconmessiah

Maybe Best Buy will have an in store promotion thing in the US where you can walk in and buy it on 23rd, and then it will be sold online and possibly elsewhere in US from 25th.

I guess that would give best buy 2 days of exclusivity in the states, and allow them to be the first people to get the album cuz if UK got it on 24th BB exclusive might not look so good.

LP

Yeah, albums over here come out on Mondays usually don't they, it'd be more than welcome if we had official confirmation about all this though because in the back of my mind i remember what it was like in 2006 everyone getting hyped and so on and well...you know how that went. I pre-ordered my copy from Play.com when March 6th was the 'date' so whenever it's released it'll just appear as a part of my post one morning.

Here's hoping though

Oh wow :lol: I hope not.

I hope axl isn't under the impression that he's produced the next led Zeppelin IV

I agree that cover isn't good. But you should believe in Chinese Democracy in November. We have also tracklist... Only ine thing's missing-official announcment from Axl/band. But we really have everything else...

LP

Here in Belgium, and probably some more countries, albums usually comes out on friday. So i was thinking. Is it possible that when Best Buy has the exclusive rights to sell the album in the U.S. on november 23rd that the album will be released here on friday the 21st and in the UK on the 24th to avoid people downloading the album illegaly?

LP

Here in Belgium, and probably some more countries, albums usually comes out on friday. So i was thinking. Is it possible that when Best Buy has the exclusive rights to sell the album in the U.S. on november 23rd that the album will be released here on friday the 21st and in the UK on the 24th to avoid people downloading the album illegaly?

I think that CD will be released in one day in whole world. The quastion is if it's November 23 or November 25...I bet it's November 23

LP

I think that CD will be released in one day in whole world. The quastion is if it's November 23 or November 25...I bet it's November 23

Impossible because recordstores are closed here on sunday.

LP

So maybe november 25? Really, it would be stupid to do not release it in the same day becouse of downloading motherfuckers..

LP

So maybe november 25? Really, it would be stupid to do not release it in the same day becouse of downloading motherfuckers..

You'll be able to download it weeks before the release anyway so it doesn't really make any difference.

LP

As i said before. New albums comes out here on friday. That's why i thought about friday the 21st. Think of it. Friday 21 st for countries who release on friday like here in Belgium, sunday 23rd exclusive U.S. release, monday 24th U.K release, tuesday 25th U.S. release. There is 1 day left, saturday 22nd. Ask yourself the question. Who is gonna download an album when they can buy it 1 or 2 days after the first release? I wouldn't, that's for sure.

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6578

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6577

Chinese Democracy Tracklisting Revealed

by Paul Cashmere - October 17 2008

photo by Ros O'Gorman

The long awaited Guns ‘n Roses album will feature 14 tracks, many of which have been included in the band`s live set over the last number of years.

The songs made available via illegal download included on the album are ‘Chinese Democracy’, ‘Better’, ‘There Was A Time’, ‘Riad N’ The Bedovins’, ‘IRS’, ‘Catcher’ and ‘Madagascar’.

Earlier tracks ‘The Blues’ and the song originally listed for the album in the 90s ‘Oh My God’ are no longer on the album. ‘Oh My God’ was released on the 1999 ‘End of Days’ soundtrack.

‘Chinese Democracy’ will be released in Australia in November 22.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Scraped

3. Shackler's Revenge

4. Street Of Dreams

5. If The World

6. Better

7. This I Love

8. There Was A Time

9. Riad N' The Bedovins

10. Sorry

11. I.R.S.

12. Catcher

13. Madagascar

14. Prostitute

Guns `n Roses Chinese Democracy Hits The Release Schedule

by Paul Cashmere - October 16 2008

photo by Ros O'Gorman

Universal Australia has included Guns `n Roses `Chinese Democracy` on its upcoming release schedule.

The album is listed for both physical and digital release in Australia on November 22.

`Chinese Democracy` is the sixth studio album from the Gunners and the first studio album since the covers release `The Spaghetti Incident` of 1993.

The last studio album from Guns ‘n Roses was ‘Use Your Illusion 1 and II’ in 1991.

Songs we know will be included on the album are ‘Better’, ‘Chinese Democracy’, ‘IRS’, ‘Madagascar’, ‘Shackler’s Revenge’. ‘Sorry’, ‘The Blues’ and ‘There Was A Time’.

The official tracklisting has yet-to-be announced.

The origins of ‘Chinese Democracy’ date back to 1994 but was initially stalled by infighting within the original band. Guitarist Slash walked out of the band in 1996. Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan followed soon after.

Axl Rose continued on as Guns ‘n Roses and recruited session guys to take the place of the original band.

Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson and Josh Freese were recruited to G ‘n R at the time.

Stinson and Finck will be heard all these years later on the album. Freese departed around the turn of the century.

‘Chinese Democracy’ first hit the Universal release schedule in 1999 when it was listed as “coming soon”. From that period, only the song ‘Oh My God’ surfaced when it was used in the movie ‘End of Days’. ‘Oh My God’ is no longer listed as a song for the album.

‘Shackler’s Revenge’ was released recently in the game Rock Band 2. Another song from the album titled ‘If The World’ can be heard in the closing credits for the new Russell Crowe movie ‘Body Of Lies’.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

C0ma is the guy who I got to confirm those first SKUs we had (and I thank him profusely) - he just hasn't had a chance to pick up the printouts yet.

However, it doesn't matter at this point - look at this new screenshot from Fresno, CA - 230629034629.jpg

Obviously BB has it in their systems (what some of us were trying to tell you 3+ days ago) and obviously SOMETHING is happening. The big question now is just what's the difference between the three versions :)

C0ma, thank you again :)

-darknemus

YOUR WELCOME

thanks for confirming the skus for me. I just got home today from san diego my wife went into surgery on tuesday and then had complications and had to back into surgery. She was in icu tuesday night. then tranferred to a room on wednesday. Everything is fine now shes getting released on monday.I just came home to get my kids set up for the weekend. I went on here to see if there is any new news and everything is listed on the normal best buy site looks like christmas comes early this year. I heading back to san diego tommorow to spend the rest of the weekend with my wife until she released.All i can say is cherish your loved ones because i have never been so scared in my life.

Take it easy everyone

God bless you and yours