Couple of Sex Pistols questions...

Powerage5

First of all, I read that a Bodies demo was recorded but was never released on Spunk or the Boxset. Can anyone confirm this? Also, is there a Sex Pistols bootleg hub? It's really tough to find any videos in DVD format.

the bodies demo thing aint true i dont think. i have no idea what a bootleg hub is and in terms of shit in DVD format theres not a great deal to choose from

The Great Rock n Roll Swindle (a quaint little movie, cool for the pistols footage, not a word of fucking truth to it though)

The Filth & The Fury (definitive documentry, WELL worth it!)

Live At Longhorns (fucking amazing)

Live At Winterland (the meltdown, still fuckin amazing)

the rest you can get like...random footage but i dont think on any official kinda release, footage of a stockholm gig, footage of the And So It Goes performance, God Save The Queen and some 2002 reunion footage thats available on a DVD about John Lydon, like a retrospective of videos called The Best Of British One Pound Notes.

PLUS, rumors of a DVD regarding the brixton gigs this year are rife as director of Filth & The Fury and Rock n Roll Swindle was on hand filming it and also seen with Steve & Paul around London at various locations filming ;)

i hope that helped, not sure if im answering the right questions..

First of all, I read that a Bodies demo was recorded but was never released on Spunk or the Boxset. Can anyone confirm this? Also, is there a Sex Pistols bootleg hub? It's really tough to find any videos in DVD format.

the bodies demo thing aint true i dont think. i have no idea what a bootleg hub is and in terms of shit in DVD format theres not a great deal to choose from

The Great Rock n Roll Swindle (a quaint little movie, cool for the pistols footage, not a word of fucking truth to it though)

the rest you can get like...random footage but i dont think on any official kinda release, footage of a stockholm gig, footage of the And So It Goes performance, God Save The Queen and some 2002 reunion footage thats available on a DVD about John Lydon, like a retrospective of videos called The Best Of British One Pound Notes.

PLUS, rumors of a DVD regarding the brixton gigs this year are rife as director of Filth & The Fury and Rock n Roll Swindle was on hand filming it and also seen with Steve & Paul around London at various locations filming ;)

Well I'm looking for bootleg DVD's, I guess I didn't specify that. For example on youtube there's a lot of song from their last gig and the 1/10/78 Dallas show, I would assume these exist on some compilation circulating among traders. Also, I know the full Pheonix '96 show is circulating, however I only have about half of it.

P.S.: A hub is a forum/site that's solely dedicated to bootlegs and usually has files downloadable from servers or through a torrent file, similar to the bootleg section on here ;)

Best fucking movie ever made!

duff21

Well I'm looking for bootleg DVD's, I guess I didn't specify that. For example on youtube there's a lot of song from their last gig and the 1/10/78 Dallas show, I would assume these exist on some compilation circulating among traders. Also, I know the full Pheonix '96 show is circulating, however I only have about half of it.

P.S.: A hub is a forum/site that's solely dedicated to bootlegs and usually has files downloadable from servers or through a torrent file, similar to the bootleg section on here ;)

i dont know about any like website and shit but i know for a fact there are copies of like say the pheonix festival gig, a really bad one of Crystal Palace and another of Finsbury Park in 96 (which was proffesionally recorded, seen clips of some decentish footage) i picked up a dvd with most of those performances offa ebay, just punch in sex pistols dvd on the search thing and you can find these bootlegs people compile of odds and ends of footage :) even the filthy lucre 96 in Japan dvd is on ebay, check it out :)

the rest you can get like...random footage but i dont think on any official kinda release,

There's an official release movie called D.O.A.,I saw it in the theatres early 80's (on my birthday).

It was released on VHS (now a very rare find).I haven't come across on a dvd release yet.

It has lots of American tour footage,and also has an infamous interview with Sid and Nancy filmed in the Chelsea Hotel (not long before Nancy's murder)...they are both severly wasted on heroin in the interview.

It also features footage of bands like Gen X,Rich Kids,Sham 69,Dead Boys etc.

There's also an official release called the Punk Rock Movie.Also saw this one in the theatre early 80's.

It had an official release on VHS...and I think it's surfaced on dvd (not absolutely sure about that though).Club footage mostly (if not entirely) filmed by Don Letts.

It was produced in 1981 and features some of the earliest known footage of punk rock concerts in England circa 76/77.Included are the Pistols,Gen x,Clash,Slits,X Ray Spex,Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers...among others.

Bootleg copies of their London Weekend Show 11/27/76 appearance can be found.

There's a 1988 documentary called Buried Alive.

One from 1989 called Decade,a Look Back.

A B.B.C. documentary from 1995 called Arena:Punk and the Pistols

There's also their inclusion in multi part series such as The Hisory of Rock and Roll (which is really good and available on dvd) as well as the PBS documentary Rock and Roll.

There's tons of bootleg shows from the '96 tour from Seatlle,Fairfax etc. and a REALLY NICE pro shot from Japan 11/16/96 (of which I have an oustanding copy!)

There's various footage floating around from early shows at colleges,the famous Jubilee boat cruise etc.,mostly filmed by Don Letts.

(and yeah...I have everything listed above) :)

Edited by zint61

the rest you can get like...random footage but i dont think on any official kinda release,

There's an official release movie called D.O.A.,I saw it in the theatres early 80's (on my birthday).

It was released on VHS (now a very rare find).I haven't come across on a dvd release yet.

It has lots of American tour footage,and also has an infamous interview with Sid and Nancy filmed in the Chelsea Hotel (not long before Nancy's murder)...they are both severly wasted on heroin in the interview.

There's also an official release called the Punk Rock Movie.Also saw this one in the theatre early 80's.

It had an official release on VHS...and I think it's surfaced on dvd (not absolutely sure about that though).Club footage mostly (if not entirely) filmed by Don Letts.

It was produced in 1981 and features some of the earliest known footage of punk rock concerts in England circa 76/77.Included are the Pistols,Gen x,Clash,Slits,X Ray Spex,Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers...among others.

Bootleg copies of their London Weeeknd Show 11/27/76 appearance can be found.

There's also their inclusion in multi part series such as The Hisory of Rock and Roll (which is really good and available on dvd) as well as the PBS documentary Rock and Roll.

There's tons of bootleg shows from the '96 tour from Seatlle,Fairfax etc. and a REALLY NICE pro shot from Japan 11/16/96 (of which I have an oustanding copy!)

There's various footage floating around from early shows at colleges,the famous Jubilee boat cruise etc.,mostly filmed by Don Letts.

are you sure it was Don Letts who filmed the jubilee boat cruise? i thought that was Julien Temple...might be wrong. and you should be able to get both DOA and The Punk Rock Movie on some form of bootleg dvd off ebay. they're all good quality as far as i know.

i actually have this movie on vhs, to prove this i will say terry & the idiots to you & you will know exactly what i mean

i actually have this movie on vhs, to prove this i will say terry & the idiots to you & you will know exactly what i mean

bannana suprise :lol: