Film Thread

ssiscool

The fact that no one has said Blow or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is surprising.

cuz Blow isnt that great of a movie and fear and loathing'd be my number 2 :) Dead Man is pure fucking class!

Edited by ffrankwhite

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that no one has said Blow or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is surprising.

cuz Blow isnt that great of a movie and fear and loathing'd be my number 2 :) Dead Man is pure fucking class!

blow is good and fear and loathing in las vegas had gotta be one of my favorites as well, so is dead man! also love don juan de marco!

blow is good and fear and loathing in las vegas had gotta be one of my favorites as well, so is dead man! also love don juan de marco!

Don Juan De Marco's REALLY underappreciated actually :):) its really sweet :)

It's not Deeps best but it does show the diversity he has as a actor like people like Gary Oldman.

Fear and Loathing is amazing one of the most random but some of the best scene's are

Raoul Duke: Look, there's two women fucking a polar bear!

Dr. Gonzo: Don't tell me these things. Not now man.

Raoul Duke: [beginning to narrate the "Jefferson Airplane" hallucination] There I was...

[seeing the actual Hunter S. Thompson sitting in the scene]

Raoul Duke: Mother of God, there I am! Holy fuck...

Edited by Axl98

It's not Deeps best but it does show the diversity he has as a actor like people like Gary Oldman.

Bill Murray actually did a better job playing Hunter, but the movie was crap.

Depp was good as the over the top characterized version of Hunter, the one he liked to flaunt in his books. Seeing as how it takes place in that twisted version of reality, I guess he got away with how animated he did it.

But Bill Murray had down the real guy, who less of a spectacle and more of bemused observer.

Just watched The Fast and Furious trilogy today. Great films. currently watching Bad Boys 2 (man that film is so funny)

The scene where Reggie knocks at the door is hilarious.

*If you anyone ain't scene it

yeah thats cool. I like where Marcus and Wike always fight.

"You wanna talk? lets talk! They can't hear you coz they are still shooting at us"

"Aw man my headlight Definatly shoot that mother fucker now. Man my head light!"

anyone seen 'into the wild'? ive heard that its supposed to be good, and many of the reviews online say it was good, just wondering?

It's entirely gorgeous.

and I was in mood for some testosterone-pumped action, so I just bought a double pack containing Cobra and Over the Top.

Cobra's the funniest thing ever! Brian Thompson's performance is forever etched in my brain... :lol:

Edited by Angelica

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is one of the craziest movies I have ever seen. Truly manic and bizarre. It reminded me of another crazy movie, Buckeroo Banzai across the 8th Dimension. :rofl-lol:

I'm catching up with Nick Cage's great cult movies like Honeymoon in Vegas and Wild at Heart. He used to be so damn cool. He still is...just not as often.

First two are good fun to be fair.

I really didn't like them, the pure gayness of the cars was unbareable. A good car movie should have to have good cars...

But who cares about that!!! I just was re-watching the whole series of Arrested Development (which happens quite often I must say :lol:), and was surfing around about the possibility of a movie after hearing them mentioning it in the commentary for the final episode, and apparently the wheels seem to be very much in motion. Just a Wiki link about it, I coundn't be bothered with anything else. Awesome news.

Edited by FunkyMonk

what about donnie brasco? anyone seen that? also another classic movie

An underrated Pacino movie - didn't really care for Depp's part, and felt he was only brought in as eye candy for women to enjoy the film.

Awesome movie. Madsen was great. And it's pretty cool that its a true story.

Pacino's best moments are till Godfather 1 & 2 and Serpico.

I saw War, Inc. other day. I'm normally looking for something good in stuff but I seriously had to walk out. It was sodt of fun for first 30 mins then oh my god it was horrible, horrible movie, the way it was made was sloppy or there was a real lack of any focus. Seriously other than some loose point about war being a business or something I was lost and almost angry at how bad it was!

War, Inc. 0/5

Bill Murray actually did a better job playing Hunter, but the movie was crap.

Depp was good as the over the top characterized version of Hunter, the one he liked to flaunt in his books. Seeing as how it takes place in that twisted version of reality, I guess he got away with how animated he did it.

But Bill Murray had down the real guy, who less of a spectacle and more of bemused observer.

thats actually a really astute observation, especially that last line :)

y'reckon? Donnie Brasco? doesnt really do a lot but put on an Italian American accent. dont get me wrong he did a good job but it wasn't THAT much of a stretch. not an Oldman stretch at least.