Film Thread

ssiscool

Or you suck. Just offering a different perspective on the situation, don't shoot the messenger (or disparage stuff she likes).

im sorry, i thought you said you WEREN'T overly attached to it :lol: Oh in that case its wonderful and fabulous and spectacular and...yeah, all of that

speaking of corny 80s shit, ever see Date With An Angel?

If it's what I'm thinking of, and starred Phoebe Cates and Emmanuelle Beart then...yes.

exactly!!! bang on!! and i bet'cha dug it too :lol:

Probably, but I don't know if I can be held responsible for what I dug as a tween. IIRC, profoundly uncharasmatic guy gets to choose between Phoebe and Emmanuelle, right? Phoebe and Emmauelle being two of the most ravishing actresses ever. Where would profoundly uncharasmatic guys be without Hollywood to give them false hope?

Edited by Angelica

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would profoundly uncharasmatic guys be without Hollywood to give them false hope?

wait, dont tell me, i think i know this one....

Guns n Roses message boards? :xmasschef2:

Nickelback message boards. You guys are okay.

That didn't come off as nice, did it? I think I can get away with it since it's not specifically directed at you. :tongue2:

Edited by Angelica

Seriously, Fucking Åmål has the most endearing lesbians ever. Or one lesbian and one semi-bisexual. It doesn't really matter. The point is, they're adorable and realistic and not stupid or stereotyped like most movies focusing around teenagers make their characters out to be, and I'm completely in love with the whole main cast. ^_^

Seriously, Fucking Åmål has the most endearing lesbians ever. Or one lesbian and one semi-bisexual. It doesn't really matter. The point is, they're adorable and realistic and not stupid or stereotyped like most movies focusing around teenagers make their characters out to be, and I'm completely in love with the whole main cast. ^_^

I really liked that movie ^_^ I haven't seen it in ages though.

I just watched 25th Hour with Ed Norton, Rosario Dawson, and Philip Seymour Hoffman. What an excellent script and great performances by the actors. It captured all of the factors of having one day of freedom left before going to jail. Wonderful concept and it made me think of what I would do if I had one more day of freedom.

Btw, someone please explain, why would you buy a DVD of a movie you've already seen?

Cause you liked it and may want to watch it again or make someone else watch it? And some of us collect them, like books.

I'm on a movie watching streak lately so saw

A Fistful of Dollars

For a Few Dollars More

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Unforgiven

all are (Y)

thats what im talkin' bout!! :):) knew you had it in ya ;) (good taste i mean :P)

I just saw Dead Man for the second time, what a fukin film. I hadnt seen it for like over 10 years, i understood it so much better this time round.

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Like hes dead from the beggining of the movie right? Did anyone else get this? Like on the train at the begining, everyone keeps getin off except him and the guy says to him how machines the last stop and references the end of the film with the boat and the water. Fuck i really enjoyed this film, so much so that i want to see it again.

I just saw Dead Man for the second time, what a fukin film. I hadnt seen it for like over 10 years, i understood it so much better this time round.

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Like hes dead from the beggining of the movie right? Did anyone else get this? Like on the train at the begining, everyone keeps getin off except him and the guy says to him how machines the last stop and references the end of the film with the boat and the water. Fuck i really enjoyed this film, so much so that i want to see it again.

watch Night On Earth and then Mystery Train ;)

but yeah, Dead Mans fucking incredible, did you notice Robert Mitchum in there, that bad ass motherfucker :lol: and Iggy too...but no, its a really good movie, Nobody makes an appearance in Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai too ;)

SPOILERS!!!!!!

but yeah, Dead Mans fucking incredible, did you notice Robert Mitchum in there, that bad ass motherfucker :lol: and Iggy too...but no, its a really good movie, Nobody makes an appearance in Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai too ;)

Yeah i noticed mitchum, fukin crazy, iggy and billy bob were nuts to lol. Ive seen night on earth, i love that flick, i'll have to check out mystery train. Also ive seen ghost dog, il have to watch it again to check out nobody.

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Yeah i noticed mitchum, fukin crazy, iggy and billy bob were nuts to lol. Ive seen night on earth, i love that flick, i'll have to check out mystery train. Also ive seen ghost dog, il have to watch it again to check out nobody.

Dude, you didnt notice him? he's on the fuckin roof when they come kill his pigeons!! he even says "stupid fucking white man" for chrissake, how could you not notice him? :lol:

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Dude, you didnt notice him? he's on the fuckin roof when they come kill his pigeons!! he even says "stupid fucking white man" for chrissake, how could you not notice him? :lol:

I know i know, but when i watched ghost dog it had been long time since deadman, no excuse though. I forgot to mention the music aswell, Neil Young, thats how ya score a fukin film! He did it live in real time aswell! How nuts is that!?

I'm on a movie watching streak lately so saw

A Fistful of Dollars

For a Few Dollars More

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Unforgiven

all are (Y)

By some ungodly masterstroke, I was able to get my mits on the Leone Anthology for half price. It's puuurdy. :wub:

I watched Rainman a while back. Good movie, Cruise's acting was actually tolerable and Hoffman was really great. Watched it with my girl and I was the one that cried :lol: Talk about ego stomping.

Today I watched No Country for Old Men. Gotta say the gas station scene was one of the most humorous scenes I've seen in a while :lol: The ending also really impressed me, as did the movie in general. A very good Coen flick, but doesn't go beating Lebowski and Fargo.