ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Outlaw Josey Wales

High Plains Drifter

good movies,especially the latter

so answer the question, whoose Clint in the movie? (HPD) is he the marshall and he didnt die, is he an avenging angel is he...???

The Outlaw Josey Wales

High Plains Drifter

so answer the question, whoose Clint in the movie? (HPD) is he the marshall and he didnt die, is he an avenging angel is he...???

both,the ghost of the marshall perhaps?

Edited by krissirge

The Outlaw Josey Wales

High Plains Drifter

cuz at the end the little guy goes: "i never did know your name" while he's carving the headstone and clint goes "yes you do" and rides off and thats cool ass amazing whistley creepy music comes on. and he's carving Marshall Jim Duncan on the headstone. Someone told me its like a biblical thing and he's meant to be one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse or some shit.

Edited by ffrankwhite

thats actualy my first lynch film.

i was reading somewhere - basically someone had written the story down but id dint know it was a movie but just a really cool intriguing story until the end when he wrote, "that's eraserhead, a bedtime story i'll someday tell my son..." something like that. i had to see it.

totally blew me away. i think that was the moment i realised film can be whatever you want it to be. there are no rules.

kinda hard to get hold of his films but i dont mind being a downloading motherfucker. lol.

i saw elephant man a couple days back too. it was alrgiht.

what should i see next?

Fire Walk with Me and the first season and a half of Twin Peaks, Wild at Heart, Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive. Not as in love with Inland Empire, Dune etc, but it's all worth seeing. Fire Walk with Me is, in my admittedly frequently mocked opinion, his finest work.

The Outlaw Josey Wales

High Plains Drifter

cuz at the end the little guy goes: "i never did know your name" while he's carving the headstone and clint goes "yes you do" and rides off and thats cool ass amazing whistley creepy music comes on. and he's carving Marshall Jim Duncan on the headstone. Someone told me its like a biblical thing and he's meant to be one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse or some shit.

and if you look,he doesn't just ride away in the end,it looks like he vanishers,same in the beginning

And the sheriff in the flashbacks is played by a long time stunt double for Eastwood

The Outlaw Josey Wales

High Plains Drifter

cuz at the end the little guy goes: "i never did know your name"

I always figured that was a reference to him being "The Man With No Name" in Sergio Leone movies.

You just read that on my blog. Stop stealing my fucking opinions. I was the first one to call the reason for that remake being just to satisfy dumb Yanks who can't read AND I was the person who told you to watch it.

I'm starting to think everything you post is just stolen from somebody else.

[REC] is awesome, for the record.

As is Maria Full of Grace which I saw the other night.

Er that post was ages ago when I first told you about it. However in my latest post I did a big, biggg wank over The Fountain which is amazing. So watch that. Or claim now that you've already seen it to not sound like you do everything I tell you.

That trailer doesn't look too bad but I still don't see the need for a remake. It probably won't be as good as the original, since the scenes show there were basically copied and pasted from it, and it's just highly unnecessary.

Okay, I'm silly; I just went to your blog and realised that was written as far back as May, so it must have been one of the entries I skipped past. Probably because it starts out with you name-dropping The Blair Witch Project and Diary of the Dead, which are two of the least frightening horror films ever made.

The Fountain was out already in 2006, loser; get with the times. I think I agree with your opinion for the most part, though, unless you threw in some additional film critique during that long MGS snoozefest I pretty much skimmed past. :tongue2:

Edited by nameless_girl

Just watched LA confidential. Great movie but i couldn't really follow the plot well, just the general idea. I need to watch it again

That is a great movie, but ya you do need to watch it again because it is hard to follow and you miss certain things the first time watching.

I mentioned earlier I bought Rambo, 310 to Yuma, and Lake Placid 2

I watched Rambo and Lake Placid 2 last night.

Rambo was great. I first watched it on the computer. It was a streamed vid, quality wasn't that great, and I thought the movie was not bad, but after watching it on my home theater system on a big screen I enjoyed it so much more. Exelent movie.

Lake Placid 2 - Horrible. The special effects and the acting were absolutly terrible. I got that DVD for free though. Buy 2 get 1 free. Thank god I didn't spend money on it.

LA Confidential is pretty hard to follow. James Ellroy is amazing writer.

I saw Gladiator on HBO. It was majestik!

"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengence!"

Also so this movie called Frequency about baseball and time travelling cops. Recommended.

LA Confidential is pretty hard to follow. James Ellroy is amazing writer.

You're sure right about it being hard to follow, Ellroy makes me read his sentences over and over beofre I've got the picture.

To be honest though, the film version of LA Confidential trumphs the book. One of the few instances where once all the exposition was put aside, the true story shined through.