Film Thread

ssiscool

Think I'm gonna watch Eastern Promises.

I sort of missed History of Violence but enough of these hack movies. What was Lynch's last one. Inland Invasion?

Inland Empire. I generally hate people who won't shut up about how someone's old stuff was so much better than their new stuff, but Cronenberg's old stuff really is SO much better than his new stuff.

Aw Lith! Talladega Nights is an easy 8. At least.

Edited by Angelica

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched The Assasination Of Jesse James, and wow, it was amazing. It had to be nearly up on the same level as Legends of the Fall, but not quite as brilliant (IMO, I ate up every second of that movie).

It may seem like a bit of an average thing to say, but Brad Pitt is definitely my favourite male actor. He is fantastic in a good movie, and hell, he can turn a crap movie into a decent one.

Edited by FunkyMonk

I just watched The Assasination Of Jesse James, and wow, it was amazing. It had to be nearly up on the same level as Legends of the Fall, but not quite as brilliant (IMO, I ate up every second of that movie).

The Assasination Of Jesse James is astounding. It pains me how underappreciated it was. Can't back you up on Legends, though. :rofl-lol:

I re-watched Fritz Lang's The Big Heat recently. Jesus, it's incredible. Anyone who's into film or starting to get into film and hasn't seen it, you should get on that immediately.

The Assasination Of Jesse James is astounding. It pains me how underappreciated it was. Can't back you up on Legends, though. :rofl-lol:

I didn't know anything about The Assasination Of Jesse James when I went to watch it, I didn't even know who was in it. But goddamn it was good.

What's wrong with Legends Of The Fall? :lol: I really dug the whole hugely romantized thing it had going, although I guess it could've come off as really lame and overdone, but I dunno, I just really god into it. Plus, I mean, Brad Pitt is gorgeous in it; that hair :heart:. What a hunk.

I re-watched Fritz Lang's The Big Heat recently. Jesus, it's incredible. Anyone who's into film or starting to get into film and hasn't seen it, you should get on that immediately.

Haven't even heard of that, so maybe I'll rent it out seeing as I'm on holidays.

Edited by FunkyMonk

Im a huge fan of the assanation of jesse james, great fukin film.

Pitt was great in legends as well, another underated film imo.

I watched The Fountain last week. Was pretty cool, i really liked the circular nature of the film, i dont wana give to much away but all three stories/times could take place at any time, well the first and last could swap places at least if u know what i mean. It was no requiem for a dream though. Im really looking forward to seeing the wrestler after seeing the trailer.

My brother gave me a dvd with Sin City. Watched it today. It wasn't nearly as good as I expected. Don't understand why it's so popular and why it's so high rated on imdb. :shrugs:

It bored me beyond belief, I didn't get why some of my friends where raving about it.

It might help if you've read the books.

If you have a decent attention span too that also helps. :lol:

Joking aside. It's raved about because it's the only comic book to be perfectly adapted onto the big screen. The film noir with the great pacing and acting along with a great story that connects together. I think that sums up why it's raved about.

Ive got Se7en on dvd, might watch it tonight, ive herd good things about it. Anyone else recommend it?

It's a awesome flick.

Not for those with a weak stomach though.

-Freaks And Geeks Complete Series

You fucking rule, I hope you love it.

I haven't watched any of it yet but I've heard good things about it.