Film Thread

ssiscool

If you've seen and liked Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, or Adaptation, I would say to definitely check this movie out. If you like Kaufman, you won't be disappointed in my opinion.

What if you like Cocktail and Days of Thunder?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've seen and liked Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, or Adaptation, I would say to definitely check this movie out. If you like Kaufman, you won't be disappointed in my opinion.

What if you like Cocktail and Days of Thunder?

What about them?

Guest Apollo
Why is Seth Rogen in every comedy movie all of a sudden? Same with Anna Faris, I'm pretty sure there are many other skilled actresses to play the dumb blonde.

Seth Rogen is pretty funny, but Anna Faris just annoys me.

I think Rogen is funny too.

Unfortunately, one more hit comedy from him . . . then he will be the guy that it will be "cool" to dislike.

Has anyone seen that movie Irreversable, well in particular the rape scene.

I know they consider it to be one of the most shocking rape scenes of all time, but to be totally honest I wasnt that impressed. Same with Last House on the Left.

The one rape scene that ALWAYS makes me sick to my stomach is Deliverance. Truthfully Ive only watched it twice, couldnt watch it again.

Gotta love this though from it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyKvD-4IxOY

Anyone want to do some trades? I have a ton of unreleased stuff. I never bootleg officially released DVDs, so I'm not much looking for them. But if you got something cool, let me know and we can exchange lists.

Anyone want to do some trades? I have a ton of unreleased stuff. I never bootleg officially released DVDs, so I'm not much looking for them. But if you got something cool, let me know and we can exchange lists.

I've got a couple bootleg cartoons that haven't been released.

Like the 90's Spiderman and X-Men cartoon's.

Got a couple of out of print Horror movies.

Don't know if that peaks you're interest.

h2psycho6.jpg

h2psycho5.jpg

h2psycho4.jpg

The hair my god...

Edited by Spuffy78

Saw 'Watchmen' last night. It was a little different to how I imagined it'd be; I thought it would be action packed with fights galore, but it wasn't. The relationships between the characters seem to be the focal point. There's a lot of flashbacks as well which, at one point, annoyed me slightly. All in all, it was a good film. It was 2 and a half hours!

Saw 'Watchmen' last night. It was a little different to how I imagined it'd be; I thought it would be action packed with fights galore, but it wasn't. The relationships between the characters seem to be the focal point. There's a lot of flashbacks as well which, at one point, annoyed me slightly. All in all, it was a good film. It was 2 and a half hours!

That makes me feel a whole lot better. I'm meant to be seeing it with a few friends on opening night tomorrow, but I've been getting increasingly frustrated at the prospect of tarnishing my recollection of the graphic novel somewhat. Mostly because I think Zack Snyder is only suited to directing music videos, and the early promotional pictures I've seen looked off, Nite Owl II in particular.

I thought Watchmen was damn spiffy. Having said that, I am not remotely familiar with the source material, so I had no related expectations to worry about. For the most part, I even got past Malin Ackerman, who normally tends to inspire homicidal urges in me.

I thought Watchmen was damn spiffy. Having said that, I am not remotely familiar with the source material, so I had no related expectations to worry about. For the most part, I even got past Malin Ackerman, who normally tends to inspire homicidal urges in me.

I detest being so easily excitable, but when someone attempts to translate something I like from one medium to another, especially to the silver screen, that's usually going to generate a disappointment for me. I was probably the only person on the face of the planet who utterly loathed Atonement, and deemed Keira Knightley especially contemptible for ever having dared attempt to portray Cecilia. :lol: I cannot count the number of times Ridin' the Nightrain has praised that movie, and the number of times I've felt the urge to slap him senseless until he agreed that he only thinks it's good because the source material was amazing enough to still seem good to the uneducated viewer even after having been torn in half and butchered.

I detest being so easily excitable, but when someone attempts to translate something I like from one medium to another, especially to the silver screen, that's usually going to generate a disappointment for me. I was probably the only person on the face of the planet who utterly loathed Atonement, and deemed Keira Knightley especially contemptible for ever having dared attempt to portray Cecilia. :lol: I cannot count the number of times Ridin' the Nightrain has praised that movie, and the number of times I've felt the urge to slap him senseless until he agreed that he only thinks it's good because the source material was amazing enough to still seem good to the uneducated viewer even after having been torn in half and butchered.

I entirely relate to that, but I don't read as much as you, so it comes up less often. :lol: I do live in terror of Dulli losing the rights to Spoken in Darkness, that novel is unfilmable and it would kill me to see it defiled. And I've come to be grateful for how lousy Even Cowgirls Get the Blues is, since it seems to have permanently scared anyone off trying to adapt Tom Robbins again.

My dad and I watched Before The Devil Knows You're Dead last night. I thought it was pretty good. After watching Synecdoche, New York with Hoffman though, it was different seeing him play the character he did. All in all though, I thought it was good and I ended up giving it a 7/10.

Hoffman is great, he's one of my favourite currently active actors. Have you seen Magnolia, BS?

Great movie. Tom Cruise owns in that!

"In this big game that we play, life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve, it's what you take. I'm Frank T.J. Mackey, a master of the muffin and author of the Seduce and Destroy system now available to you on video and audio cassette. Seduce and Destroy will teach you the techniques to have any hardbody blonde just dripping to wet your dock. Bottom line? Language. The magical key to unlocking the female analytical mindset. Tap directly into her hopes, her wants, her fears, her desires, and her sweet little panties. Learn how to make that lady "friend" your sex-starved servant. I don't care how you look. I don't care what car you drive. I don't care what your last bank statement says. Seduce and Destroy produces an instant money-back guarantee trance-like state that will get you this - naughty sauce you want fast. Hey - how many more times do you need to hear the all-too-famous line of 'I just don't feel that way about you?'

Respect the cock! And tame the cunt! Tame it! Take it on headfirst with the skills that I will teach you at work and say no! You will not control me! No! You will not take my soul! No! You will not win this game! Because it's a game, guys. You want to think it's not, huh? You want to think it's not? Go back to the schoolyard and you have that crush on big-titted Mary Jane. Respect the cock. You are embedding this thought. I am the one who's in charge. I am the one who says yes! No! Now! Here! Because it's universal, man. It is evolutional. It is anthropological. It is biological. It is animal. We... are... men!"

Edited by BMo13