Film Thread

ssiscool

Just watched "Old Boy" Great film with a bad ass twist that you dont see comming. I was kinda thinking that perhapps there would of been more fght scenes, but th hallway brawl and the twist is more then enuff to satisify, If you liked movies like "Seven" then i'd recomend this movie.

Great film. Although I figured out the twist sooner than expected. If you haven't already, check out the rest of the Vengeance trilogy as well as JSA too. All excellent films.

Edited by Lithium

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've just seen this animated film about dragons now. I think it was called The Dragon-tamer or something similar. Pretty enjoyable.

watched The Road with Viggo Mortensen... It was ok, an apocalyptic film that focused more in the drama of the aftermath and shows the things people would do to survive in that situation.... at least i think it was somehow better than the book of eli....

Edited by Eah

Finally watched UP. It was fantastic. Think I'll download a film on Tuesday night or something. Only got 2 days off this week, and I used them to watch season one of Breaking Bad, first ep of Mad Men, and first ep of Eastbound and Down.

Finally watched UP. It was fantastic. Think I'll download a film on Tuesday night or something. Only got 2 days off this week, and I used them to watch season one of Breaking Bad, first ep of Mad Men, and first ep of Eastbound and Down.

How was Breaking Bad? I've heard nothing but good things from that show. I want to get into it.

Saw I Love You Philip Morris last night. I liked it, but they should have cast someone else for the role of Philip Morris.

Link! LINK!! :book:

No go. saw it at the cinema. ;)

:angry:

Kick Ass is better than decent, but not quite as epically awesome as the trailer threatened it would be.

Date Night is pretty horrible. Yes, that should have been an obvious enough assumption, but I hoped for a solid guilty pleasure and was denied. :(

I watched "This is England" and it was really impressive. Grabbed me from the start and had me interested the whole way through. My only complain would be that Shaun had the same facial expression almost the whole time, but other than that, that movie was fascinating. I hated that bastard "Combo" so bad, fucking up this group of friends with his stupid racist bullshit.

I watched "This is England" and it was really impressive. Grabbed me from the start and had me interested the whole way through. My only complain would be that Shaun had the same facial expression almost the whole time, but other than that, that movie was fascinating. I hated that bastard "Combo" so bad, fucking up this group of friends with his stupid racist bullshit.

That one has one of my favourite soundtracks. The film isn't half bad either.

That film frightened me when I watched it, still does.

Anyone here ever watch PTA's Punch-Drunk Love? I'm a huge fan of Anderson, and I thought this movie would disappoint because of the odd choice of Sandler in a PTA lead, but it didn't. Very well-executed story and even a little disturbing. His character is very much alike his Waterboy character, except in a dramatic film. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is also in this (just like almost every PTA film) and he's wonderful as a manipulative owner of a mattress store who threatens Sandler with a fake sex hotline scheme.

Great movie, and Sandler's best performance.

Edited by GNR 1991

Is he gonna WRITE that shit first? Cause there's not much point hiring him otherwise. :unsure:

No idea, tbh.

All I know is that RDJ would be perfectly suited for his dialogue.

I thought that both RDJ and Sam Jackson had been signed on for the Avengers before Iron Man 3 comes out.

Thought they were releasing Thor and Captain America and then the Avengers and all the actors cast in the lead roles will be returning as it is all supposed to be in a self contained Marvel universe.

Is he gonna WRITE that shit first? Cause there's not much point hiring him otherwise. :unsure:

No idea, tbh.

All I know is that RDJ would be perfectly suited for his dialogue.

Yeah, that would be a match made in comic delivery heaven. But it seems it's written already, and by Zak Penn no less, which does not exactly inspire confidence. Okay, I'm flummoxed. Aside from brining a shitload of geek cred, I don't see how this happened. He has no experience with major stars or budgets. He's a better than average director, but writing is far and away his strong suit. This is...interesting.

Edited by Angelica