Film Thread

ssiscool

Does anyone else think this year has been one of the best years for films in a long time?

IMO, it's been the worst since at least 2002. :rofl-lol::shrugs: I have high hopes for The Social Network, The Black Swan, Somewhere, etc redeeming it somewhat, but it's been pretty horrible.

I'm looking forward to The Black Swan, but something tells me that The Social Network could potentially bomb. The trailer looks great, but I have the feeling they crammed all the best bits into it....

Bomb in the sense of not making $...almost certainly, people are stupid. But the post-Toronto critical buzz was raptuours, and Fincher's been pretty steady with his one masterpiece, one interesting failure model since Se7en and The Curious Case of Benjaminzzzzzzzz was most certainly not a masterpiece so everything's very much on track. Plus Aaron Sorkin screenplay! :heart: No doubts here.

It can't do worse than Pluto Nash or The Secret Life of Dentists..

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to watch "The Book of Eli" last night. Meh.. Gary Oldman was good, Denzel Washington not so much, the story was :sleeper: as soon as you got that it was all about the Bible, but it looked fantastic on BluRay.

A :thumbsup: from me for having Tom Waits in it.

Edited by Spoon87

I'd like to ask you all a pretty big favor. I go over my sister's apartment every Saturday and we (my sister, younger brother, and brother-in-law) usually wind up watching a movie. Burn Notice is over until November and we're almost finished Season 2 of Breaking Bad, so we're going to be watching movies every weekend until Burn Notice starts back up (and probably even then, too, since it's only an hour long). What movies would you guys recommend? Just assume we haven't seen anything while making your lists. They should be semi-appropriate (no nudity is the biggest thing, swearing's fine, just preferrably not huge amounts at once, but it's fine). Anything that pops to mind that's pretty appropriate would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help us out. :thumbsup:

^

Cool films up there!

The Hangover - Everybody raved about it and I finally saw it over the weekend. It was quite funny

Quite funny? Hilarious you mean. :P

I never laugh at movies, but when I went to see Hangover I couldn't stop laughing. It's different at the movies though, all jokes seem funnier. Or maybe that's just me. :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

watched Four Lions, EVERYONE should see this movie, a comedy about a terrorist Islamist cell in Sheffield who basically are a bunch of inept dumbasses :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

watched Four Lions, EVERYONE should see this movie, a comedy about a terrorist Islamist cell in Sheffield who basically are a bunch of inept dumbasses :lol:

:lol: I loved Four Lions, Chris Morris never disappoints.

"ey up you fookin' dirty kuffar bastards" :lol: If that ain't the funniest line in film history!