Film Thread

ssiscool

I went and saw The Avengers last night. This will be the last superhero movie (other than Batman) that I go to see. It was formulaic crap, with cheap laughs and monotonous action scenes that are too quick to take in with the human eye. And the 3D did nothing but add $5 to my ticket price.

Really? I've heard good thing about this movie and still plan on watching it this weekend. Haven't heard anyone I know down it yet. Hopefully i'm not disappointed.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest I get to watching religious movie is Life of Brian. Although I read that Paul Merson book, that was spiritual.

I've seen The Passion of the Christ. It's basically Jesus in the role of Ash from the Evil Dead movies.

Edited by Randy Lahey

The closest I get to watching religious movie is Life of Brian. Although I read that Paul Merson book, that was spiritual.

I've seen The Passion of the Christ. It's basically Jesus in the role of Ash from the Evil Dead movies.

That was meant to be scandalous, but I didn't even see it.

Last Temptation of Christ, I've seen that. But it was more like a gangster movie. The cast of Marty's gangster movies turned up in robes. The thing with the religious movies is I don't get the references, like the catholic stuff or anything really just goes over my head.

We're No Angels or Nuns on the Run was good. Nacho Libre might have had some monk element going on. Golden Child was based on some buddhist thing.

I thought the controversy around The Passion of the Christ was stupid. The corrupt Jewish priests thought Jesus was a false prophet and wanted him dead. The Romans ended up executing him because they felt it was going to delay an inevitable rebellion which happend years later.

a false prophet? I'm like a fish up a tree. is there any other kind?

I saw The Last Airbender. really cool visually but after about 10 mins I'd lost the plot. It was kind of like a Star Wars meets Twilight with some marital arts thrown in.

I went and saw The Avengers last night. This will be the last superhero movie (other than Batman) that I go to see. It was formulaic crap, with cheap laughs and monotonous action scenes that are too quick to take in with the human eye. And the 3D did nothing but add $5 to my ticket price.

Really? I've heard good thing about this movie and still plan on watching it this weekend. Haven't heard anyone I know down it yet. Hopefully i'm not disappointed.

You won't be.

I know what Randy is saying, but The Avengers is a great, popcorn superhero movie, in all honestly.

Lesee, seena few films recently.

The Dictator.

In my opinion, not the best film by Sacha Baron Cohen. Unlike his other films, this film was entirely scripted (at least, it looked like it was) which made it lose something the other films had. Namely, it being funny.

The Raid

For what it is, it's quite good. Lots of very well choreographed martial arts-esque fighting. I heard Hollywood are going to remake it, which will make it crap by default.

Avengers

Yeah, it's...action packed. Good film if you like CGI.

Jeez, what else? I've seen bits of Dark Shadows. Johnny Depo's shtick is getting kinda old now.

Can't think of all the films I've watched while I was on my posting hiatus, but I'll try:

Underworld 1-4: Solid, enjoyable, films. I enjoyed the first three so much, I bought the 4th in 3D the day it came out. I think I like them for than the Resident Evil films. Also, Kate Beckinsale is hot as hell.

Iron Man 2: Not as good as the first one, but still a really good, fun movie.

The Woman In Black - A lot better than expected. One of the better horror movies I've seen lately.

Cabin In The Woods - AWESOME movie. Definitely recommended. Loved it.

Chronicle - Pretty good, but I don't see myself watching it again too soon.

The Avengers - Awesome. Enough said.

See No Evil, Hear No Evil - I've seen it a couple times before. One of my favorite comedies. Great movie.

We Bought A Zoo - Just what I expected it to be; A feel good, family movie.

I know I watched a bunch more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

I gotta say, I like the Iron Man movies a lot more than The Avengers. The Avengers was cool for some scenes inbetween and the last 40 minutes or so, the rest dragged on and on... imo.

I loved Dark Shadows, although it was Johnny doing his usual "weird acting", he was doing it good and I really liked Michelle Pfeiffer and that witch, I forgot her name.

The Woman In Black - A lot better than expected. One of the better horror movies I've seen lately.

Cabin In The Woods - AWESOME movie. Definitely recommended. Loved it.

You know, for a totally bonkers silly kind of a movie I enjoyed Cabin In The Woods way more than the Avengers. But then I don't really know any of the characters in it or anything. I had only seen Thor before and I thought it was awful.

I thought The Woman In Black just kind of ran through every horror cliche I had ever seen in a bunch of jumpy scary-things-in-a-house type film I had seen a million times before. Oh writing under the wallpaper, how creepy. However, I don't think my opinion of the film was helped by the fact that the cinema left all the lights on for the whole film. It was ridiculous. My mate got up after about ten minutes and asked them to do something and they just left it as it was so it got kind of hard to be sucked into it.

Guest Gunns

yeah they were all the same in appearance at the end, apart from those large fucked up worm things, they probably did it to cut costs in production.