Hole-"Live Through This"

SunnyDRE

Hole-"Live Through This"

I can't stand Courtney Love. She is that type of "media starlet" that seems to just annoy the hell out of you for whatever reason; But I recently purchased this album (a month ago) and damn its good.

I been reading up on it and its making and I guess some people think Kurt wrote most of the songs.......I don't know. There seems to be no definitive answer; but anyway if you are a fan of the grunge explosion of the early 90's, Riot Grrl, or you just like Hard Rock music with pop-like hooks, I recommend this album. I have owned it for a month and as much as I hate to admit it..... it has been on heavy rotation.

Best Tracks:

"Violet"-Opening Track. This may be one of the best openers to an album I have ever heard. For me that is saying alot

"Doll Parts"- The MTV hit. I can see why; Good song.

"Miss World"- A great anthem. Speaks to anyone who has ever wanted to be more than what they were.

"Plump"- A great song.

So this album is good. If you like good music and can forget its Courtney Love; I think all of you on the board should check it out!!!!

Just pretend its L7 :rofl-lol:

PEACE!!

Hole-"Live Through This"

I can't stand Courtney Love. She is that type of "media starlet" that seems to just annoy the hell out of you for whatever reason; But I recently purchased this album (a month ago) and damn its good.

I been reading up on it and its making and I guess some people think Kurt wrote most of the songs.......I don't know. There seems to be no definitive answer; but anyway if you are a fan of the grunge explosion of the early 90's, Riot Grrl, or you just like Hard Rock music with pop-like hooks, I recommend this album. I have owned it for a month and as much as I hate to admit it..... it has been on heavy rotation.

Best Tracks:

"Violet"-Opening Track. This may be one of the best openers to an album I have ever heard. For me that is saying alot

"Doll Parts"- The MTV hit. I can see why; Good song.

"Miss World"- A great anthem. Speaks to anyone who has ever wanted to be more than what they were.

"Plump"- A great song.

So this album is good. If you like good music and can forget its Courtney Love; I think all of you on the board should check it out!!!!

Just pretend its L7 :rofl-lol:

PEACE!!

I'm not a fan of hers at all, but I did like this album around the time it came out-haven't listened in years though, so I'll give it a whirl.

I tend to agree that Kurt wrote or co-wrote a lot of the songs simply because she never really came up with anything this good again.

I find CL delightful.

Me too.

When she's sober she's fantastic.

There's something about her that i just find fascinating, Celebrity Skin is one of my fave albums from the late 90's.

Life Through This was great, and all videos were awesome especially Doll Parts.

Edited by nathalie92

Love Hole. Unfortunatley Live Through This is my least favorite (althoughI do like it). I love the noisy and metal of Pretty on the Inside, The catchy and melodic tunes on Celebrity Skin, and the brilliant Americas Sweetheart (which might as well be a Hole album.) Yeah she's a little wacky but some of the best are !!!

Love Hole. Unfortunatley Live Through This is my least favorite (althoughI do like it). I love the noisy and metal of Pretty on the Inside, The catchy and melodic tunes on Celebrity Skin, and the brilliant Americas Sweetheart (which might as well be a Hole album.) Yeah she's a little wacky but some of the best are !!!

She's got a new album coming out this year.

I hope she balances out the hard stuff like Mono and all the drugs but keeps the nice melodies like her days in Hole with this one.

G'damn, I've forgotten all about this album. Guess I'll give it a spin tomorrow or something, I've only heard it once and can't remember anything except the chorus of Violet.

Celebrity Skin is a great album too. At least the first half.

• 3 years later...
Penny Royalty

I never thought of saying it like that...a bit mind blowing.

isn't that one of the lyrics. I think The Manics did a cover and called it that because they hate the monarchy etc. They covered It's So Easy too.

"I'm anemic royalty" is the lyric?

I think Kurt saw himself as an ironic rock star.

Penny Royalty

I never thought of saying it like that...a bit mind blowing.

isn't that one of the lyrics. I think The Manics did a cover and called it that because they hate the monarchy etc. They covered It's So Easy too.

"I'm anemic royalty" is the lyric?

I think Kurt saw himself as an ironic rock star.

I always took it as the song was titled, Pennyroyal Tea, the herbal abortive. I've never heard The Manics' cover, but it's an interesting take on the title.