brody dalle of the (now defunct) distillers

darkstar_legend

okay i know im late to the party but seriously, the distillers were getting better and better. i dunno why they called it quits after coral fang. definately their strongest album by far.

anyway, her new project, spinnerette. checked her site out and the demos up sounds bloody fantastic.

okay, tell me what ive missed and how shes the god of all gods. go.

Well, theres a nude photo of her somewhere...

Poster of it on my wall :ph34r:

Love her, love The Distillers.

Fucking fantastic.

She broke Tim Armstrong's heart by cheating on him with Josh Homme but still, her music is immense.

Hate Me, Lordy Lordy, Dismantle Me and Love Is Paranoid are my favourite songs methinks.

Girl rock/punk bands are the SHIT.

Love it.

Distillers, Dresden Dolls, Garbage, Hole, Guano Apes, Cranberries, Cardigans, Catatonia, No Doubt and to a lesser extent The Veronica's.

Wonderful :wub:

xDSGx

Well, theres a nude photo of her somewhere...

Fucking fantastic.

She broke Tim Armstrong's heart by cheating on him with Josh Homme but still, her music is immense.

I know cheating on someone is a horrible thing to do but its Josh freakin Homme! Shes only human!

i think they (Distillers) were FUCKING AWFUL...just my opinion but "my name is brody, im from fitzroy melbourne, i grew up on bell street then on bennett street, my mom kicked out my dad for battery" come onnnnn, put some effort inn...if theres one thing that makes my marrow itch its generic sounding punk..

What was that chick in The Nymphs, she was crazy!

know Daisy Chainsaw's Love Your Money?

I think they were supposed to be bigger than Nirvana but she wee'd on David Geffen's desk or something.

Edited by wasted

i think they (Distillers) were FUCKING AWFUL...just my opinion but "my name is brody, im from fitzroy melbourne, i grew up on bell street then on bennett street, my mom kicked out my dad for battery" come onnnnn, put some effort inn...if theres one thing that makes my marrow itch its generic sounding punk..

:rolleyes:

generic my ass.

generic my ass.

"we are kiiiids, we think life is a scaaammm, we come from wasted laaaaannds, we are kids, we play punk rock n rollll, if we didnt we got no sooouul"

pfft, please...punk rock plankton :rolleyes: refer to Zint Opens The Vaults for some real punk rock.

Edited by ffrankwhite

generic my ass.

"we are kiiiids, we think life is a scaaammm, we come from wasted laaaaannds, we are kids, we play punk rock n rollll, if we didnt we got no sooouul"

pfft, please...punk rock plankton :rolleyes:

im sorry that shit bothers you. my ears are for their music only. :rolleyes:

generic my ass.

surely the lyrics are a part of that?

generic my ass.

you think i can hear what shes saying with that voice of hers?

pure audio experience for me.

Edited by darkstar_legend

generic my ass.

you think i can hear what shes saying with that voice of hers?

pure audio experience for me.

get over your punkassitude.

sorry man, just an opinion :confused:

wasted laaaaannds

oh, I like it.

well i do like to harmonise, as it was im sitting in this room here singing to myself :lol: really though, you dont find that shit just a tad...insulting?? that whole thing about "went to school today with an uzi theres this kid who teased me so i shot him in the face" its all late 90s post Marilyn Manson teen marketed posery...

wasted laaaaannds

oh, I like it.

well i do like to harmonise, as it was im sitting in this room here singing to myself :lol: really though, you dont find that shit just a tad...insulting?? that whole thing about "went to school today with an uzi theres this kid who teased me so i shot him in the face" its all late 90s post Marilyn Manson teen marketed posery...

I didn't listen to the track. I sort of guessed I wouldn't be impressed.

I like Courtney Love tho. She's smokin'

Edited by wasted