Rap Songs that Sample Rock Songs

Death Star

Samples from the Beastie Boys album Licensed to Ill......

Rhymin & Stealin - Contains samples from "Sweet Leaf" by Black Sabbath, "When the Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin, & "I Fought the Law" by The Clash

She's Crafty - Contains samples from "The Ocean" by Led Zeppelin

Slow Ride - Contains samples from "Low Rider" by War

Time to Get Ill - Contains samples from "Boogie on Reggae Woman" by Stevie Wonder, "Take the Money and Run" by the Steve Miller Band, "Down on the Corner" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Custard Pie" by Led Zeppelin, "Gucci Time" by Schoolly D, and excerpts from the theme music from Green Acres and Mister Ed

I was thinking about "No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn" on the same album cuz it's got a rock sound to it, but I don't know if that one does.

I LOVE "She's Crafty". :lol::heart: One of my favs by them.

Some say No Sleep samples AC/DC's T.N.T. while others Joan Jetts I love Rock and Roll. Kerry King plays on it too.

The guitar solo is played by Slayer guitarist Kerry King, who had also released an album produced by Rick Rubin in 1986 (Reign in Blood). The song also contains samples from "T.N.T." by AC/DC (though tuned in a different way). The video is a spoof of heavy metal music. The name of the song itself is a spoof on Motörhead's No Sleep 'til Hammersmith album.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic