Does anybody else love this new Kid Rock song?

Randy Lahey

I'm really loving this new Kid Rock song. http://youtube.com/watch?v=HaWtBVt_wI0

It's just a great feel good tune about drinking and fooling around in the summer time... The guitar solo is pretty kick ass too. Does anybody else like this or am I the only white trash redneck on here?

Edited by Randy Lahey

You know, if that was written entirely by him and hadn't sampled anyone and obviously the sampled songs weren't around, that would be a good song.

Why couldn't he have just written his own country style song? Oh yeah, cos he's a cock.

Why listen to that song when you could listen to sweet home alabama instead? Which is basically what you're listening to anyway.

I remember the first time I heard it on the radio,flipping around the dial I came across Werewolves of London and thought "oh cool,haven't heard this in a long time".

Then out comes this bland voice going "it was 1989 we were drinking on the beach and dancing to Sweet Home Alabama all night long"....

um...hhhhhhhhwhat?

anyhoo...in the long run,kinda catchy...don't mind it

I'm really loving this new Kid Rock song. http://youtube.com/watch?v=HaWtBVt_wI0

It's just a great feel good tune about drinking and fooling around in the summer time... The guitar solo is pretty kick ass too. Does anybody else like this or am I the only white trash redneck on here?

Love the song. That whole album is fucking badass. I suggest you check it out dude.

You know, if that was written entirely by him and hadn't sampled anyone and obviously the sampled songs weren't around, that would be a good song.

Why couldn't he have just written his own country style song? Oh yeah, cos he's a cock.

Why listen to that song when you could listen to sweet home alabama instead? Which is basically what you're listening to anyway.

He seems to be the kind of guy who truly respects what came before. I bet he did this song with that in mind. I'm sure he got permission to use the songs if he needed to (doesn't copyright run out at some point?), and I'd be surprised if he didn't credit those who wrote those songs. And if I'm not mistaken he does write his own music. So it's all good.

It's a cool song and Kid Rock seems like a cool guy from what little I know of him.

Edited by KBear

I really hate this song, not gunna lie. Its one of those songs where when you hear it, you know EXACTLY where he was trying to go with it, because youve heared different songs of the same nature 456742589456465 times before but with more genuinity.

The song is such a fuckin' tease.

I keep waiting for Werewolves of London, lol! :lol:

*it's not bad. It's just the remix has always smacked of laziness to me. Don't like it in rap... don't like it anywhere else. I'd actually rather hear a straight cover of the original song, then an all new song, then to mix a cover of the instrumentals with new lyrics.

It's a cool song, nothing more, nothing less. It's fun to listen to while you're out somewhere with your friends, just having nothing to do. That's exactly what he makes me think of while listening to this song, so mission accomplished.