Stone Sour / Slipknot

Gordon Comstock

Love Stone Sour, Corey Taylor has an absolutely fantastic voice. seen them live too. Slipknot I know less of although what I've heard has been genuinely powerful stuff and I reckon they're a band one has to see live to appreciate.

I used to just write off Slipknot, bc they just seemed retarded and all the kids in my school who wore their shirts were, will..................retarded ;) . Then I actually listened to their music and was amazed with their hooks and melodies and have been preaching the Slipknot gospel to whoever will listen.

Edited by mike bibby

For a very long time just the word "slipknot" could make me throw up , but with Stone sour was completly different ...liked it since i listened to it for the first time . In fact like when i have to go to work like at 7:30 on the bus i always listen to come what(ever) may , Reborn and another song that i have on my mp3 .

Now this last months that im in a more agressive phase i think ....need to get some anger out slipknot are perfect for that , so im starting to like them .

Im completly eating my words about slipknot being retarded and me not understanding how anyone could like them . Music is just like that we cant explain why it happens it jkust happens

Stone Sours is OK I've like a few of their songs, and Corey Taylor seems like a nice guy from interviews

Dude, he's fucking hilarious in interviews :rofl-lol:

For a very long time just the word "slipknot" could make me throw up , but with Stone sour was completly different ...liked it since i listened to it for the first time . In fact like when i have to go to work like at 7:30 on the bus i always listen to come what(ever) may , Reborn and another song that i have on my mp3 .

Now this last months that im in a more agressive phase i think ....need to get some anger out slipknot are perfect for that , so im starting to like them .

Im completly eating my words about slipknot being retarded and me not understanding how anyone could like them . Music is just like that we cant explain why it happens it jkust happens

yea, i didnt really like 'em for a while but my cousin showed me a bunch of stuff from the self titled disc. if you're just starting to like em i recommend getting the song "Purity" - its amazing. too bad you cant buy it tho :(

Stone Sours is OK I've like a few of their songs, and Corey Taylor seems like a nice guy from interviews

yea, i didnt really like 'em for a while but my cousin showed me a bunch of stuff from the self titled disc. if you're just starting to like em i recommend getting the song "Purity" - its amazing. too bad you cant buy it tho :(

Purity is a pretty cool song.. I suggest getting The Virus of life, disasterpeices everything ends, wait and bleed.. maybe The eyeless or The Nameless.. the nameless is fuckin badass.. but to appreciate it you have to hear the live version.. it's one of those rare songs that no matter how many time they would have recorded it, it just sounds better live...

Purity is a pretty cool song.. I suggest getting The Virus of life, disasterpeices everything ends, wait and bleed.. maybe The eyeless or The Nameless.. the nameless is fuckin badass.. but to appreciate it you have to hear the live version.. it's one of those rare songs that no matter how many time they would have recorded it, it just sounds better live...

its just called Eyeless, not The Eyeless. and yea those are some of their best songs, the blister exists, three nil, duality, pretty much the first half of volume 3 is amazing. Disasterpieces (the DVD) is also pretty sweet.

its just called Eyeless, not The Eyeless. and yea those are some of their best songs, the blister exists, three nil, duality, pretty much the first half of volume 3 is amazing. Disasterpieces (the DVD) is also pretty sweet.

I'm pretty sure it doesnt matter what you call it.. but ok..lol..

Yeah.. I really liked disasterpeices.. but voliminal wasnt that good.. the video section was, and parts of the actual film was pretty cool.. seeing them live, watching 'em interact while on stage.. some of it was pretty cool offstage.. but it felt like I was wtaching a dream.. the way things skipped ahead and slowed down and played backwards and shit.. it was hard to watch.. the interveiws were the best part of the whole DVD

I didn't enjoy vol.3 asmuch as the other albums.. but it hard some really kickass songs on it.. my favorite is welcome and opium of the people.. I think it's the few songs that really show off the guitar player's talents to some degree..

I'm just looking forward to the next album.. i'm alittle worried, corey's said to be doing alot more harmoney on this album.. I hope it doesnt turn into a hardcore stonesour album...

• 4 years later...