Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Bit jailbait lookin' for me Skip!

Really because Indians are ''urine drinking pork eating cow worshiping heathens who have stolen Kashmir and repudiated the prophet Mohammad''.

PS

Got this for christmas. It is a beautiful book,

91V2Vtat2pL.jpg

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Really because Indians are ''urine drinking pork eating cow worshiping heathens who have stolen Kashmir and repudiated the prophet Mohammad''.

PS

Got this for christmas. It is a beautiful book,

91V2Vtat2pL.jpg

Thats simply not true, I like loads of Indians! :lol:  For instance i like...uh...uh...I'll get back to you! :lol:

On 1/11/2017 at 6:59 AM, DieselDaisy said:

It must really wind up Indians in England, to be called ''Pakis''.

it winds up Native Americans to be called Indians here! well except for my male BFF. he is almost 100% Native American ( his mom was 100% Chumash, his dad was 3/4 Mescalero Apache. )

he's very cool and let's me call him Indian and make jokes...all in fun! i am part Native American myself :P he mocks me cos i am Cherokee and Choctaw and he claims all white people here who say they have native blood claim those 2 tribes :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

ok so i finished my Warm Bodies book ( so good! ) and i was going to do my annual re-reading of The Stand but when i picked it up in my library ( just a spare room but it holds all my books ) it fell apart. so ordering a new copy. in the meantime i found a book by Anne Rivers Siddons...she's pretty good, i have read some of her books before. this is called Low Country and takes place in Charleston and Sullivan's Island. sounds like it might be good :)

21 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it winds up Native Americans to be called Indians here! well except for my male BFF. he is almost 100% Native American ( his mom was 100% Chumash, his dad was 3/4 Mescalero Apache. )

he's very cool and let's me call him Indian and make jokes...all in fun! i am part Native American myself :P he mocks me cos i am Cherokee and Choctaw and he claims all white people here who say they have native blood claim those 2 tribes :)

I have no Native American/Red Indian blood but I do have a charming pair of moccasin slippers.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I have no Native American/Red Indian blood but I do have a charming pair of moccasin slippers.

his mom used to wear moccasins! it embarrassed him to no end. these were the house shoes kind, idk if you know what that means but they were kinda cheesy. but his mom was so sweet...miss her a lot.

Didn't get much reading done between October and December due to the insane amount of work I was dealing with.   During my travels in September I read "Flash Boys" by Michael Lewis and "Master Switch" by Tim Wu.  Enjoyed Lewis's book as usual; Master Switch less so.  

Just started reading "Between the World and Me" by Ta-Nehisi Coates.  Only a chapter but really enjoying it.  

The Sun & The Moon & The Rolling Stones - Rich Cohen

Book is history of the Stones but focuses on the golden era from 1968 Beggars Banquet to 1972 Exile on Main Street......only 30 pages in so it is concentrating on the Mick and Keef childhood and how they met.....gets into the post WWII England and how the environment helped form their personalities.....pretty god read so far......

Edited by classicrawker

31 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Has anyone on here ever read Dune? Thinking of giving it a try, but I was curious to get a few opinions from here first.

First story (3 books) is amazing and a must read for the genre. You can easily skip every other.

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 2