Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

"Best Buy leaks" - Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
695 replies to this topic

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • 10-October 07

How quickly this got buried. yet another week of silence from the official camp squeaks by....

Well, the information about the Best Buy deal, the songs being played at the Best Buy convention with "If The World" being confirmed as being in Body of Lies was never supposed to public knowledge.

Ali

Look at this kid, he thinks he knows everything. :lol:

but... he's right. ;)

y4oz.jpg

FunkyMonk

FunkyMonk

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts
  • 18-November 05

The point was, that information would never have gotten public had the people who were at the Best Buy convention not made the knowledge public. That's what got the ball rolling on everything. Not some confirmation from the band with no follow-up, but info that was not meant for public consumption.

Ali

You know what, I agree. Maybe they're just ignoring the fact that we already know all this shit and are still following their schedule (that I assume they have) about the release regardless of what we know. They wouldn't just confirm all this stuff early just because we caught wind of it, that would be unnessecary and may ruin the timing that they'd like.

I'm still hoping that this is it.

November_rain

November_rain

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 6,165 posts
  • 26-February 03

How quickly this got buried. yet another week of silence from the official camp squeaks by....

Well, the information about the Best Buy deal, the songs being played at the Best Buy convention with "If The World" being confirmed as being in Body of Lies was never supposed to public knowledge.

Ali

Look at this kid, he thinks he knows everything. :lol:

Yeah, that's it. I think I know EVERYTHING :rofl-lol:

The point was, that information would never have gotten public had the people who were at the Best Buy convention not made the knowledge public. That's what got the ball rolling on everything. Not some confirmation from the band with no follow-up, but info that was not meant for public consumption.

Ali

Well said, good post man.

spunton

spunton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 09-September 04
PM please.

Using_my_illusion

Using_my_illusion

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • 21-July 04
i know its probably already been said. But im SO fucking glad they took out the stupid effects in the begenning and left the choral part.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 28,619 posts
  • 10-July 07
I'll post this again, so people can see it.

The only 10 things you need to read to understand what is going on.

1. There aren't any "New Leaks".
2. You don't need to fucking hear them.
3. Stop fucking skipping everything in the thread and making a post asking for shit once you see the word "leak".
4. The 3 Disc Box-Set is fake.
5. If The World will be played at the end of the new movie 'Body Of Lies' and will NOT be on the soundtrack disc.
6. People don't know what the fuck they're talking about anymore.
7. If The World is amazing.
8. Learn how to use the quote function correctly.
9. Don't try to mock this post with your own bullshit list.
10. Chinese Democracy Starts Now**

**Hopefully

highvoltage ruined my signature

:max: 

GNFNRUK

GNFNRUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 10-April 05
It pisses me off that everyones talking about these new best buy clips and I can't find them anywhere! I would like to hear them just to see what has been changed, I think the best buy clips are the least of Axl's worrys anyway since they are apparantly in awful quality, only the hardcore fans such as ourselves are gonna want to hear them and obviously we are all going to be buying the album on the day of release anyway!

November_rain

November_rain

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 6,165 posts
  • 26-February 03

I'll post this again, so people can see it.

The only 10 things you need to read to understand what is going on.

1. There aren't any "New Leaks".
2. You don't need to fucking hear them.
3. Stop fucking skipping everything in the thread and making a post asking for shit once you see the word "leak".
4. The 3 Disc Box-Set is fake.
5. If The World will be played at the end of the new movie 'Body Of Lies' and will NOT be on the soundtrack disc.
6. People don't know what the fuck they're talking about anymore.
7. If The World is amazing.
8. Learn how to use the quote function correctly.
9. Don't try to mock this post with your own bullshit list.
10. Chinese Democracy Starts Now**

**Hopefully

Faith my friend, faith ;)

GNFNRUK

GNFNRUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 10-April 05
Well Axl and co have done a good job of keeping these from being shared cos I can't find them anywhere and I would really like to hear the changes made in the songs...

WelcomeToTheBumble

WelcomeToTheBumble

• Returned
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • 13-September 08
Ya I would post a simple 3 word google search that the first link is a download, but I just checked and that download link disappeared
Weeks until CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!: 1

McGann

McGann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • 20-January 05
I trust Ali implicitly. The points are solid and well-made, and Ali has a good history.

/Mike

Ali

Ali

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,457 posts
  • 04-November 04

I trust Ali implicitly. The points are solid and well-made, and Ali has a good history.

/Mike

Thanks Mike. I just think that information that was leaked, when it in reality should not have been, should not be used as a point of reference to get upset at the band for not making a public announcement. The band never officially commented on the leaks from Mr. Cogill when they came out, and I bet they are not going to comment on leaked information. They'll just reveal that information in a manner and at a time they see fit.

Ali

GET OFF AXLS BACK

GET OFF AXLS BACK

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,701 posts
  • 19-March 04

/Mike

Thanks Mike. I just think that information that was leaked, when it in reality should not have been, should not be used as a point of reference to get upset at the band for not making a public announcement. The band never officially commented on the leaks from Mr. Cogill when they came out, and I bet they are not going to comment on leaked information. They'll just reveal that information in a manner and at a time they see fit.

Ali

For some people its more fun to act like this is gospel and then attack the band when it goes quiet, its the ways its been for years.People are choosing to ignore the fact that GnR have confirmed nothing and there isn't a single credible rumour regarding November.

2qxywb4.jpg

Here's what I know, Rick. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, you own it. If it doesn't, you don't own it. And if it doesn't you're an asshole, just like you.

Ali

Ali

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,457 posts
  • 04-November 04

/Mike

Ali

For some people its more fun to act like this is gospel and then attack the band when it goes quiet, its the ways its been for years.People are choosing to ignore the fact that GnR have confirmed nothing and there isn't a single credible rumour regarding November.

Agreed that it's the way it has been for years. Also agreed that there has been no confirmation that November 25th will happen. But, I do think the issue of Best Buy being the exclusive retailer, whenever the record comes out, is pretty damn credible.

Ali

GET OFF AXLS BACK

GET OFF AXLS BACK

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,701 posts
  • 19-March 04

/Mike

Ali

Agreed that it's the way it has been for years. Also agreed that there has been no confirmation that November 25th will happen. But, I do think the issue of Best Buy being the exclusive retailer, whenever the record comes out, is pretty damn credible.

Ali

I think there have been to many rumours around BB, and it hasn't been shot down which gives it a degree of credibility but then if i apply that same logic the 25th rumour hasn't either, problem is they can't really shoot it down without admitting the deal or giving a correct release date.

I don't believe the time frame though, its far too soon, it would require a mammoth marketing campaign in such a short time, now unless Universal or Axl have caved in that's not going to happen.

THG obviously we have different idea's of credible, but the last time i checked every thread regarding the VR rumour gets closed and deleted due to the source not being credible, as for the nephew story, yes its believable he was there as many people have confirmed the convention but i don't recall reading one credible story about the 25th, now many people have called BB and yet not one person even mentioned the 25th

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK, 06 October 2008 - 11:49 AM.

2qxywb4.jpg

Here's what I know, Rick. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, you own it. If it doesn't, you don't own it. And if it doesn't you're an asshole, just like you.