Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

"Best Buy leaks" - Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
695 replies to this topic

Ali

Ali

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,583 posts
  • 04-November 04

I trust Ali implicitly. The points are solid and well-made, and Ali has a good history.

/Mike

Thanks Mike. I just think that information that was leaked, when it in reality should not have been, should not be used as a point of reference to get upset at the band for not making a public announcement. The band never officially commented on the leaks from Mr. Cogill when they came out, and I bet they are not going to comment on leaked information. They'll just reveal that information in a manner and at a time they see fit.

Ali

For some people its more fun to act like this is gospel and then attack the band when it goes quiet, its the ways its been for years.People are choosing to ignore the fact that GnR have confirmed nothing and there isn't a single credible rumour regarding November.

Agreed that it's the way it has been for years. Also agreed that there has been no confirmation that November 25th will happen. But, I do think the issue of Best Buy being the exclusive retailer, whenever the record comes out, is pretty damn credible.

Ali

I think there have been to many rumours around BB, and it hasn't been shot down which gives it a degree of credibility but then if i apply that same logic the 25th rumour hasn't either, problem is they can't really shoot it down without admitting the deal or giving a correct release date.

I don't believe the time frame though, its far too soon, it would require a mammoth marketing campaign in such a short time, now unless Universal or Axl have caved in that's not going to happen.

THG obviously we have different idea's of credible, but the last time i checked every thread regarding the VR rumour gets closed and deleted due to the source not being credible, as for the nephew story, yes its believable he was there as many people have confirmed the convention but i don't recall reading one credible story about the 25th, now many people have called BB and yet not one person even mentioned the 25th

Another thing about the Best Buy-exclusive retailer thing is that Jarmo actually confirmed that Andy Gould did play the songs at the Best Buy event. Which, makes the recordings which are the subject of this thread, legit.

Also, about the Velvet Rope thing. The poster said the album would go on Universal's schedule today, not that there would be an announcement today, if I'm not mistaken.

There is a distinct difference.

Ali

GET OFF AXLS BACK

GET OFF AXLS BACK

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,749 posts
  • 19-March 04

I trust Ali implicitly. The points are solid and well-made, and Ali has a good history.

/Mike

Thanks Mike. I just think that information that was leaked, when it in reality should not have been, should not be used as a point of reference to get upset at the band for not making a public announcement. The band never officially commented on the leaks from Mr. Cogill when they came out, and I bet they are not going to comment on leaked information. They'll just reveal that information in a manner and at a time they see fit.

Ali

For some people its more fun to act like this is gospel and then attack the band when it goes quiet, its the ways its been for years.People are choosing to ignore the fact that GnR have confirmed nothing and there isn't a single credible rumour regarding November.

Agreed that it's the way it has been for years. Also agreed that there has been no confirmation that November 25th will happen. But, I do think the issue of Best Buy being the exclusive retailer, whenever the record comes out, is pretty damn credible.

Ali

I think there have been to many rumours around BB, and it hasn't been shot down which gives it a degree of credibility but then if i apply that same logic the 25th rumour hasn't either, problem is they can't really shoot it down without admitting the deal or giving a correct release date.

I don't believe the time frame though, its far too soon, it would require a mammoth marketing campaign in such a short time, now unless Universal or Axl have caved in that's not going to happen.

THG obviously we have different idea's of credible, but the last time i checked every thread regarding the VR rumour gets closed and deleted due to the source not being credible, as for the nephew story, yes its believable he was there as many people have confirmed the convention but i don't recall reading one credible story about the 25th, now many people have called BB and yet not one person even mentioned the 25th

Another thing about the Best Buy-exclusive retailer thing is that Jarmo actually confirmed that Andy Gould did play the songs at the Best Buy event. Which, makes the recordings which are the subject of this thread, legit.

Also, about the Velvet Rope thing. The poster said the album would go on Universal's schedule today, not that there would be an announcement today, if I'm not mistaken.

There is a distinct difference.

Ali

I stand corrected :o but its still not credible that it will appear on the schedule

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK, 06 October 2008 - 11:54 AM.

2qxywb4.jpg

Here's what I know, Rick. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, you own it. If it doesn't, you don't own it. And if it doesn't you're an asshole, just like you.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,420 posts
  • 10-July 07
So, has anything happened today?

I'm at school right now so I don't know...

Spoon87

Spoon87

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,956 posts
  • 21-September 04

There would be way more buzz going on right here if something would've happend, don't you think?

But the day isn't over yet, so maybe, just maybe the schedule-rumor might turn out to be true...
MŲnchengladbach, 08/06/2012: GUNS 'N FUCKIN' ROSES!!!!

Old School

Old School

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • 17-December 04

Nope. Nothing today, nothing tomorrow and likely not next year.
Nevermber
November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ali

Ali

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,583 posts
  • 04-November 04

There would be way more buzz going on right here if something would've happend, don't you think?

But the day isn't over yet, so maybe, just maybe the schedule-rumor might turn out to be true...

O.k., let's just be clear that the rumor was the album would go on the schedule for Uni today, NOT that there would be a public announcement.

Ali

BMo13

BMo13

GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • 23-April 08

O.k., let's just be clear that the rumor was the album would go on the schedule for Uni today, NOT that there would be a public announcement.

Ali

Yeah apparently that was case. I would have to disagree with one of your earlier posts about how GNR probably wasn't planning on making a statement when this info leaked,etc. and that we should just wait patiently. First off, why the fuck put a new song in a $100 million plus movie without actually commenting on it?? Doesn't make any sense. If the Nov. thing is true, which seems to be 95% legit, why wouldn't there be a statement?? If there isn't before the movie comes out on Friday something is wrong. Also not planning on releasing a statement is no excuse! The first thing about PR is that you have to adjust and have quick responses to unplanned events is the key! So once again a fail for new GNR,, so far anyway......

Edited by BMo13, 06 October 2008 - 12:46 PM.

"So the lying crooks passed a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he didnít understand it, passed by a Congress that exempts themselves from it, signed by a president who still smokes after saying he quit, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didnít pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese,ÖÖ and better yet it is to be financed by a country thatís broke because of policies just like this...Fuck"

GET OFF AXLS BACK

GET OFF AXLS BACK

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,749 posts
  • 19-March 04

I stand corrected :o but its still not credible that it will appear on the schedule

You do realize the Universal schedule rumor came from a poster on Velvet Rope who lives in LA and has over 1,000 posts, right?

Not credible? I think not.

THG

You can hit a 1000 posts in two months without trying hard, that doesn't make you credible, living in LA doesn't make you credible either.

This is just my opinion though, ive lost count of the amount of people that looked credible only to be full of shit, sorry but you need to tick more boxes to be credible than the above, im kind of shocked that people are believing, but hey thats your choice

2qxywb4.jpg

Here's what I know, Rick. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, you own it. If it doesn't, you don't own it. And if it doesn't you're an asshole, just like you.

Ali

Ali

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,583 posts
  • 04-November 04

Ali

Yeah apparently that was case. I would have to disagree with one of your earlier posts about how GNR probably wasn't planning on making a statement when this info leaked,etc. and that we should just wait patiently. First off, why the fuck put a new song in a $100 million plus movie without actually commenting on it?? Doesn't make any sense. If the Nov. thing is true, which seems to be 95% legit, why wouldn't there be a statement?? If there isn't before the movie comes out on Friday something is wrong. Also not planning on releasing a statement is no excuse! The first thing about PR is that you have to adjust and have quick responses to unplanned events is the key! So once again a fail for new GNR,, so far anyway......

O.k., I didn't say that GN'R wasn't planning on making a statement, just not then and there. It may be addressed, but not necessarily when we think it should be. After all, it's not like the song is on the soundtrack to the film. It's just in the movie and I think it is meant to be a tease, a hint so to speak.

Ali

BMo13

BMo13

GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • 23-April 08

Ali

O.k., I didn't say that GN'R wasn't planning on making a statement, just not then and there. It may be addressed, but not necessarily when we think it should be. After all, it's not like the song is on the soundtrack to the film. It's just in the movie and I think it is meant to be a tease, a hint so to speak.

Ali

Alright I see your point, but still think it's a mediocre plan at best for GNR. What better time to make a statement than now?? Why just put it in the movie to tease people or give them a hint? Why not just stream it on their website then if that's the purpose? The fact is this record is way over due, especially to the hardcore fans and Axl and company knows this. Wouldn't you think if they knew when they were gonna release it, actually telling fans asap would be the best decision? Just my thoughts.

Edit: Oh and don't say that the point of it being in the end credits of the movie is to get non gnr fans excited or aware. The fact is most people probably won't even stay or pay attention to the credits. And even if they did, most people wouldn't even know it's gnr.

Edited by BMo13, 06 October 2008 - 12:59 PM.

"So the lying crooks passed a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he didnít understand it, passed by a Congress that exempts themselves from it, signed by a president who still smokes after saying he quit, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didnít pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese,ÖÖ and better yet it is to be financed by a country thatís broke because of policies just like this...Fuck"

useyourintrusions

useyourintrusions

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • 12-August 08
Not that this means anything, but this past Saturday at about 2pmCT, Keith Roth on Sirius Buzzsaw said that Chinese Democracy is officially coming out on Nov 25th, will be a Best Buy exclusive, and it's really happening. Then he played Nightrain.

Being an insider to the music biz, he may know more than us. He might be talking out of his ass too.

Feel free to email him if you want to shake him down. kroth@sirius-radio.com

Update: I just emailed him myself a few minutes ago. I will let you all know if/when I get a response. I want to hold people to accountability when possibly making unconfirmed statements.

Subject: Chinese Democracy Nov 25?
To: kroth@sirius-radio.com
Date: Monday, October 6, 2008, 1:01 PM

Hi Keith,

Listening to your Saturday afternoon announcement of Chinese Democracy, just wondering if this is official news or rumors that have been swirling the internet the past few weeks that in fact Chi Dem is really coming out Nov 25th @ Best Buy.

Thanks

Edited by useyourintrusions, 06 October 2008 - 01:14 PM.

Posted Image

Ali

Ali

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,583 posts
  • 04-November 04

Ali

Ali

Alright I see your point, but still think it's a mediocre plan at best for GNR. What better time to make a statement than now?? Why just put it in the movie to tease people or give them a hint? Why not just stream it on their website then if that's the purpose? The fact is this record is way over due, especially to the hardcore fans and Axl and company knows this. Wouldn't you think if they knew when they were gonna release it, actually telling fans asap would be the best decision? Just my thoughts.

Edit: Oh and don't say that the point of it being in the end credits of the movie is to get non gnr fans excited or aware. The fact is most people probably won't even stay or pay attention to the credits. And even if they did, most people wouldn't even know it's gnr.

I hope they make a statement, yes. But, then again, nothing was officially said when the new version of "Sweet Child" was played during the credits of Big Daddy, was there?

I think the idea with playing the song as the credits roll is to have people leaving the theaters thinking "Hey, that's Axl/GN'R". I know when I saw Pineapple Express, I left the theater thinking "Hey, that's Huey Lewis".

Ali

BMo13

BMo13

GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • 23-April 08

Ali

Ali

I hope they make a statement, yes. But, then again, nothing was officially said when the new version of "Sweet Child" was played during the credits of Big Daddy, was there?

I think the idea with playing the song as the credits roll is to have people leaving the theaters thinking "Hey, that's Axl/GN'R". I know when I saw Pineapple Express, I left the theater thinking "Hey, that's Huey Lewis".

Ali

Well I would hope this would be a little different than Huey Lewis! As far as the SCOM in Big Daddy: Who cares? That wasn't a new song, and obviously they weren't close to releasing the album then! On a side note: Maybe Axl went into seclusion because he was so shocked OJ got off back in 1994. Maybe he was waiting until he finally got convicted of something to release a new ablum. If that's the case, Chinese Democracy is almost here! ha

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,420 posts
  • 10-July 07

Yeah, I thought about that after posting it, and I didn't feel like deleting it. :lol:

Mega_Music

Mega_Music

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • 19-November 02

Not that this means anything, but this past Saturday at about 2pmCT, Keith Roth on Sirius Buzzsaw said that Chinese Democracy is officially coming out on Nov 25th, will be a Best Buy exclusive, and it's really happening. Then he played Nightrain.

Being an insider to the music biz, he may know more than us. He might be talking out of his ass too.

Feel free to email him if you want to shake him down. kroth@sirius-radio.com

Update: I just emailed him myself a few minutes ago. I will let you all know if/when I get a response. I want to hold people to accountability when possibly making unconfirmed statements.

Subject: Chinese Democracy Nov 25?
To: kroth@sirius-radio.com
Date: Monday, October 6, 2008, 1:01 PM

Hi Keith,

Listening to your Saturday afternoon announcement of Chinese Democracy, just wondering if this is official news or rumors that have been swirling the internet the past few weeks that in fact Chi Dem is really coming out Nov 25th @ Best Buy.

Thanks

Not to burst your bubble but 99.9% of radio jocks know about as much as we do. Most stations subscribe to show prep services to get their music news and information. Those prep services get the information from the internet just like we do. If the radio station does not get a show prep service then they get their information from various online outlets interprep.com, allaccess.com, fmqb.com, perezhilton.com and etc........