Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

WORKOUT THREAD

• Please log in to reply
6823 replies to this topic

Budweiser

Budweiser

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 9,123 posts
  • 17-January 05

i have a home gym, so i can listen to my music, and don't have beefheads checking them selfs out in the mirror for 2 hours straight lol.

yea i have been staying at home lately, they only play britney spears and celine dion at my gym which isn't really pump music. It's easier at home to just do inner core (or at gym) pushups, chinups, pullups, jump squats, kangaroo jumps and burpies, will have you looking quite defined in no time.

Love the brisbane quote,

Brisbane 4 Life!

it's called an ipod.

Anyways, I have a coworker who's a bit of a meathead, but we are very like minded, so we have a tendancy to hang out. Anyways, we end up going 2-3 times a week. Dropped abit of poundage because of it. Not as much as I had hoped for though to be honest.

Yea you have to be careful. If you do it right, you end up weighing more than you started - since, as we've heard since gradeschool: Muscle weighs mroe than fat/

Posted Image

vicious

vicious

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • 25-October 05
i go twice a week usually. i do a good bit of cardio, and a bit of weights.
is it better to do a little but heavy weights or alot with normal weights?

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,565 posts
  • 03-January 04
I prefer going outside. I'm not going to want to jog on a treadmill or lift weights in a gym. But will I want to run outside or ride a bike or do pull-ups on a tree limb? Probably. And it's free. The only thing I ever do at the gym is use the indoor rock climbing wall.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 13,257 posts
  • 02-December 04
Along with quitting smoking, this will be my other 'New Year's resolution'. There's a gym near me, Planet Fitness that has a really good promo going on. I think it's like $40 to join then just $10 a month after.

KASANOVA KING

shades

shades

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,606 posts
  • 11-July 03
Heavy bag hanging in the back yard,
Its always been a part of my life
cardio, upper body, legs, stress relief
then a nice brisk 1 mile run

beat on a heavy bag for three minutes then come back and tell me about a treadmill and its cardio work

Edited by shades, 09 December 2008 - 10:00 AM.

ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08

i go twice a week usually. i do a good bit of cardio, and a bit of weights.
is it better to do a little but heavy weights or alot with normal weights?

I believe alot with normal is better as it defines and tones the muscles...
Little with heavy just makes them get bigger quicker but you dont really get much stronger and the muscle isnt defined that well...

6lfBCJD.jpg

Moose

Moose

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • 06-October 04
Did a bit of gym for a while, then went onto yoga... and my body had never felt better! i was hardly getting sick.. back problems gone, my mood was always in high spirits too. I stopped and then felt like shit again... must make more time and get back into it
If we don't take action now! We settle for nothing later!

Axls Rocket Queen

Axls Rocket Queen

Tiny Dancer

• SILVER
  • 8,090 posts
  • 19-November 04
I'm not a fan of the gym.

I only go if there's a good dance/Pilates class on, or when it's too cold/icy to run outside. I run for about half an hour every day and I have about 10 hours of dance rehearsals a week, so I don't really have the time or need to go to the gym that often.

Plus, a good night of clubbing and just drinking water is much more fun and cheap than running on the spot in a stuffy gym. :heart:

ij93.jpg

Axls Rocket Queen

AxlsAngel

AxlsAngel

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • 16-August 07
Never been into the gym thing. I've only been in one a couple of times. I do walk about 3 miles a day and do upper and lower abdominal crunches. That's enough for me! I will say that I don't feel quite right if I don't do my walk almost daily though. It gives me more energy and helps clear my mind.

axlsangelqi5.jpg

"The truth is the truth hurts... don't you agree?"

nameless_girl

nameless_girl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,159 posts
  • 05-November 05
I don't like the gym at all. Unless it's a gym in the "vast empty space to practice gymnastics and dance moves in" sense, in which case I like it a lot. :wub:

The ocean doesn't want me today, but I'll be back tomorrow to play, and the stranglers will take me
down deep in their brine, the mischievous braingels down into the endless blue wine.

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
To be honest I did work out but my job which involves moving heavy stuff around and upstairs and what not has basically replaced that recently.

6lfBCJD.jpg

-Laura-

-Laura-

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts
  • 06-September 06
Neah, too lazy for the whole gym thing. Wish I was though. Sport is great for your body and health.

Posted Image

Thanks coma2k for the awesome sig!!

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,902 posts
  • 10-July 07
Curling is my favorite thing to do. :wub:

How much can you curl Budweiser? Both one arm and double. Included bar weight also.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothin'." - Robin Williams

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,969 posts
  • 16-May 07
85x10 for 3 Sets, with the 3rd Set being a stretch.

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

illusions

illusions

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,934 posts
  • 11-October 03

Heavy bag hanging in the back yard,
Its always been a part of my life
cardio, upper body, legs, stress relief
then a nice brisk 1 mile run

beat on a heavy bag for three minutes then come back and tell me about a treadmill and its cardio work

Think thats just what I need, have alot of fun while getting a great workout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users