Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Axl Rose Chat #1 - mygnrforum - Dec. 12, 2008

• Please log in to reply
1421 replies to this topic

layed

layed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • 12-December 08

I'm going to ask a question that in no way is meant to be sarcastic or inflammatory, etc., but may be a bit sensitive. But I think it's something we've all wondered here at some point or another:

- What do you think of the two Velvet Revolver albums?

I know this is a touchy issue and I just want to make it clear I'm asking from the perspective of a regular music listener. I'm not asking you as someone who has history with the guys or whose comments could be taken out of context to make it seem like you're saying something you're not. And if you don't want to answer, that's cool. It's just something I've always wondered. Personally, I liked Contraband and thought Libertad was... okay. A bit too inconsistent for my liking, but it had some decent songs. I think Chinese Democracy is better, but I try not to compare, because outside of the "history" of the groups/bandmembers it doesn't seem like there's any reason to, since the music's so different. I'm sure you feel the same way, but that's why I'm asking this in the same way I'd ask you what you think of any other albums. I'm not asking for a comparison or anything else, just if you liked them for what they were or weren't a big fan.

Or, if you don't want to touch on that issue - heard any good albums by other bands recently? Anything in particular that stands out?

Great question. I thought Libertad was a classic w/ the exception of the Vox.......it was missing Axl. Weiland has attitude, but he seems like a little bitch(albeit a very talented one), he lacks the authoritative punch. Who are kids scared of, mom or dad? Dad....why? He's assumes his authority w/ no higher decision maker.......Weiland didn't have the authority, people like the riffs, but didn't listen to the music.....because no one was there to tell them to. Entertainers are sales people, and the good one's make people want to listen. Axl's a great salesman, he sells his ideas.

Dexter

Dexter

• Guns N' Roses
  • 40 posts
  • 11-December 08

A video for "Better" was mentioned. Any ideas for a date of release, and/or in what capacities it will be released? What style of video is planned - live footage, some more dramatic theme? Great song. Can't wait to see what you guys have created for a visual.

Soon is the word as in a week or so.

Frozen Inferno

Frozen Inferno

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts
  • 02-April 06
i dig estranged reality's post.... axl what are your thoughts on the 2 velvet revolver albums? Matt Sorum called chinese democracy a toe tapper btw.

Posted Image

Phrozen REMIXES Youtube/RockbandSUCKSS

Mike from Sharkys

Mike from Sharkys

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • 24-January 08
Does it bother you when people talk about loves of the past (SS/EE)?

Posted Image

netrix

netrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • 18-January 07
Axl,

How do you feel about Chinese Democracy and the final product. Satisfied? Are you happy it is done?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • 12-December 08

Axl, have you been in contact with steven adler at all? Not as far as playing with him or anything, just to like lend him support?

I do wish Steven the best and in my heart hope that he finds some peace and security. As far as direct contact no. It unfortunately gets too messy too quick. In Steven's mind I'm the one who holds the keys and power over his happiness so I'm the bad guy pretty quickly.

When GNR eventually goes in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, would you only want yourself, Duff, Slash, Steven and Izzy to go in, or would you also vouch for Matt and Dizzy?

ThinkAboutYou

ThinkAboutYou

BADASS MOFO

• SILVER
  • 12,269 posts
  • 20-July 02
Axl do you have a favourite new song currently?

hodge4443

hodge4443

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • 18-October 06
Axl...................Madagascar is a great song..............my fav on the new album. Do the samples in the middle have a special meaning to you? To me they are very inspirational. What does "FREE AT LAST" mean to you?
"Bottom line is we ain't makin' efforts to rain on ur parade why piss on or take cheap shots at r's. Oh that's rt...how u make ur livin's all that counts not others, whatever. U ain't above anyone regardless of who or what corporation u work for n' unfortunately most of u'll get to learn that the hard way." AXL ROSE
suck on that haters

aussie_axl

aussie_axl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts
  • 20-June 04
any chance gnr will be back in australia anytime soon?.

I thought, my demons were my friends, Turns out there out to get me,

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
Hey Axl,
Is Mickey going to pay you back for letting them use SCOM in the Wrestler by starring in a new Guns video?
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

Dexter

Dexter

• Guns N' Roses
  • 40 posts
  • 11-December 08

Axl, cherry or original flavor Nyquil?

prefer cherry night time for breakfast around 11pm

Estranged Reality

Estranged Reality

=:-o

• Admins
  • 15,313 posts
  • 04-November 06
I keep asking questions (like everybody else, I suppose) and feel stupid for asking so many, but I am also curious as to your relationship with Mickey Rourke. He's one of my favourite actors, and I saw an interview with him recently where he said you were kind enough to give him songs for The Wrestler. My question is: how long do you and Mickey go back, and do you have any interesting stories from "back in the day"? You guys strike me as being pretty similar in a lot of ways (I mean as far as personalities and what you've been through in your lives) and it's cool for me to see two of my pop culture "heroes," for lack of better description, being friends, and also making similarly timed "comebacks." (Or whatever you want to call it.)

Posted Image

And there was damage done but I made it home and woke up on the floor

superloconoriega

superloconoriega

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • 13-February 05
axl, coke or pepsi?
www.nirvana2.com

Fernando

Fernando

Junior

• Guns N' Roses
  • 157 posts
  • 22-April 08

Axl, cherry or original flavor Nyquil?

prefer cherry night time for breakfast around 11pm

Me too.

Why do you look at me when you hate me
Why should I look at you when you
make me hate you too
I sense a smell of retribution in the air
I don't even understand why the fuck
you even care
And I don't need your jealousy yeah
Why drag me down in your misery

~Get in the Ring

Dexter

Dexter

• Guns N' Roses
  • 40 posts
  • 11-December 08

Hey Axl,
Is Mickey going to pay you back for letting them use SCOM in the Wrestler by starring in a new Guns video?

Actually Mickey agreed to play The Shackler if we were to make a vid for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users