Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ax Rose Chat #4 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

Dexter

Dexter

• Guns N' Roses
  • 40 posts
  • 11-December 08
Let's try something. I'll give a topic and lets try and get a few or more of your questions on the subject. I've either read or heard all types of opinions on these and that's not what I'm trying to get at here. What I'd like to try are the questions as straightforward and concise as you can try and make 'em. I'll read them and if possible answer them collectively. I'll do my best to give you what I can and we'll see how it goes. :xmasssanta: So here goes...

The ownership of the name Guns N' Roses.

AnEskimo

AnEskimo

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • 24-May 04
What do you think about people that say CD should of been a solo album instead of using the name Guns N' Roses ( I don't agree with them of course but...)

And how much has been spent on legal battles over the name/how much do you value the name at?
Key-Mo

Dexter

Dexter

• Guns N' Roses
  • 40 posts
  • 11-December 08
startin' out good... rock2

appetite for illusions

appetite for illusions

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  • 11-October 04
How do you feel when you read posts that say "this isn't really Guns N' Roses"? Surely it isn't their place to say?
Posted Image

Willie Parker Is God In A Football Jersey

misch

misch

DEMI-GOD

• Supporters
  • 1,094 posts
  • 06-June 04
Did you ever consider to drop the name and go on with another one?
Living is easy with eyes closed...

Roy79

Roy79

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • 16-February 06
Are you guys allowed to play any song from the GNR catalogue? Because in the past I heard that legal matters hinders you to play some of the UYI stuff.
Posted Image

The waveform of Chinese Democracy shows the true meaning of the song: 2 lightsabers...it's all about The Force. This shit beats spinning LP's backwards!!! Axl Rose welcomes YOU into the 21st century.....

usedtobeestranged

usedtobeestranged

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • 25-July 05

Let's try something. I'll give a topic and lets try and get a few or more of your questions on the subject. I've either read or heard all types of opinions on these and that's not what I'm trying to get at here. What I'd like to try are the questions as straightforward and concise as you can try and make 'em. I'll read them and if possible answer them collectively. I'll do my best to give you what I can and we'll see how it goes. :xmasssanta: So here goes...

The ownership of the name Guns N' Roses.

Is there still an ongoing truggle for ownership of the name from the ex band members??
Nothing to see here move along people

transformerryan

transformerryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • 04-April 06
I would ask what the catalyst was to originally motivate you to seek ownership of the name?

Looking back, do you still feel it was a good course of action to have taken?

axl_on_drums

axl_on_drums

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,785 posts
  • 24-October 08
Axl the name is yours, they signed it over.

End of story, well that's how I see it anyway.

Posted Image

Dexter

Dexter

• Guns N' Roses
  • 40 posts
  • 11-December 08

The legal issue's of a band are more tabloid and angry slash fan's thing..im really into chinese democracy right now!!

Id like to know how you get the effect on the chorus of shackler's revenge that give's that reverb'd presence if u get what i mean? , also the string's in this i love , the electronica and synth's in all the song's floating in the background , what keyboard's and equip do u use ? , there really really intresting sound's.

p.s Kudo's on catcher , love the shameless metal riffing in the verse's , its like the beatle's enlisted kirk hammet! , ausum lol.

see ya on tour aroun 2011.

Not what this is for. I'm glad you decided what I'm doing for me. Thanks! What would I do without you!!

Ghost_Guns

Ghost_Guns

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts
  • 19-January 02
Just would rather here your side of the story. Rather than the whole "Axl forced us to sign..otherwise he wouldn't go onstage...we were high..etc" shit we've been fed for years.

Posted Image
Makes me wish I had a gun....

KetchupNotMayo

KetchupNotMayo

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • 12-December 08
Was there ever a point where you thought of releasing Chinese Democracy as a solo album, or do you see this as just as deserving of the Guns name as the old records? (I myself do by the way, just wondering how you feel)

Posted Image

This melody inside of me still searches for solution.

GN'R LIVE! 19/07/06 Newcastle, 17/10/10 Birmingham, 23/05/12 Newcastle, 29/05/12 Manchester !Thanks to The Only Cosmonaut for the sig!

gnr=axl

gnr=axl

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts
  • 06-February 05
Will the next album be released under the Guns N' Roses name or are you considering a solo album?
''You are not truly alive until you have felt pain''

ssiscool

ssiscool

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 17,128 posts
  • 17-May 05
Would you ever consider sharing the name with the current band members?

Posted Image
Keep me running like a deer in the headlights

Dexter

Dexter

• Guns N' Roses
  • 40 posts
  • 11-December 08

Hi AXL,

Could you tell us more about "there was a time", this is the best song on the album for me, i like the epic atmosphere and your voice is totally awesome at the end of the song. thumbsup
I hope you will play it on the next Tour.
Thanx for your time,

Greetings from Paris, France. smile
(if you need a guide to visit Paris, Eiffel Tower & stuff, tell me ! lol)

Not here or I would've said something like "Hey ask me anything other than what I've originally posted here."