Ax Rose Chat #4 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Some of you are seriouslly missing the point, only ask him questions about the GnR name in this thread.

Basically we''ve heard other versions of how it went down (the band would end right there and then unless the rest of them signed the name over to you and give you full control), but what are your view of the events that happened?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on people the man gave us a topic which is "the ownership of the name Guns n Roses", so ask your questions about that. Shouldn't be so hard to understand and let him answer in peace, no need to rush! :)

Did you have an idea or a feeling back then in the early 90's that the group may fall apart so you took the rights for the name and wanted to secure the future of the group because of that?

Let's try something. I'll give a topic and lets try and get a few or more of your questions on the subject. I've either read or heard all types of opinions on these and that's not what I'm trying to get at here. What I'd like to try are the questions as straightforward and concise as you can try and make 'em. I'll read them and if possible answer them collectively. I'll do my best to give you what I can and we'll see how it goes. :xmasssanta: So here goes...

The ownership of the name Guns N' Roses.

SORRY On topic::

With regard to ownership of the name, how will this affect Guns' induction into the RRHOF? The new band can't exactly go and accept the award. Would they have to requalify in 25 years' time for Chinese?

During all of the legal issues did you feel like dropping the name GNR just so you could move on(from a legal standpoint)?

I want to say that I believe the name lives and dies with you and the music is unbelieveable. Thank you for what you have given us.

On Topic:

i for one and many are happy you kept the gnr name going, as i wernt born yet/was only a small child when you was around originally...so am extremely grateful that ive got the chance now to buy gnr records, live shows etc and i fucking love the new line up, met bbf yesterday such a kool guy..back on topic...but does it feel like gnr when your playing old songs from the back catologue etc?

cheers axl

Having the ownership of the GNR name, does that allow you guys to play anything from the GNR catalogue? Reason why I ask is, because during the 2006 tour people on this board claimed you didn't play a lot of songs of the UYI albums due to legal matters.

Axl, Why do you feel that the others (Slash, Duff) believe that they were entitled to the name since Guns N' Roses existed before they were in the band?

(BTW, I am sorry for not getting the topic at first; just got in from removing ice from the driveway and my brain must have a few neurons misfiring).