Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ax Rose Chat #4 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

AnEskimo

AnEskimo

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • 24-May 04
Where would you be now, had you not obtained the rights to the name? What would you have called the current line-up of GNR?
Key-Mo

axl_on_drums

axl_on_drums

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts
  • 24-October 08
Does the new band, FEEL like GNR?

If that makes sense.

Posted Image

Schwarzgold

Schwarzgold

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • 04-February 05
Did you ever feel the name as a burden, or were you always sure that it's right to keep the name?

Edited by Schwarzgold, 14 December 2008 - 09:49 AM.

Mega_Music

Mega_Music

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • 19-November 02
Axl, what is the real story on how you acquired ownership of the name Guns N' Roses. What all bullshit have you been put through to carry on with the name?

Dexter

Dexter

• Guns N' Roses
  • 40 posts
  • 11-December 08
Is there a bit of a comprehension thing going on here?

WerderBremen

WerderBremen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • 26-February 05
What do you think about people saying "it is not GNR anymore. It is an Axl-Rose-Solo-joint"? And did you ever think about using another name for the band?

Leddy

Leddy

Senior

• SILVER
  • 997 posts
  • 20-August 04
The most concise way I could put it;

What is the difference between former members forwarding their careers through their association with you, and a band benefiting from touring/releasing under a name originally associated with a group of musicians who are no longer there?

Actually written down, I'm not sure that makes as much sense as it did in my head :tongue2:
Leddy
--------------------

Posted Image

schultjr

schultjr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • 02-April 05
For the people that may be wondering (not that I am one)...

Did you use the GNR name to sell more records??

KetchupNotMayo

KetchupNotMayo

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • 12-December 08
What made you want to gain control of the name GN'R?

Posted Image

This melody inside of me still searches for solution.

GN'R LIVE! 19/07/06 Newcastle, 17/10/10 Birmingham, 23/05/12 Newcastle, 29/05/12 Manchester !Thanks to The Only Cosmonaut for the sig!

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• SILVER
  • 19,927 posts
  • 01-September 04

The ownership of the name Guns N' Roses.

Bold topic. :xmasssanta: I'll try to keep this thread clean to make it easy for you. (I'll be deleting doubles of the same question).

Obviously the name Guns N' Roses means a lot to you historically - do you think it would have been easier (less criticism from being the only "original" remaining member) or harder (the name obviously carries a lot of weight) to have pursued the Chinese Democracy project under a different name.

i ninja edit 99% of my posts.

BrownRock

BrownRock

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • 05-November 04
Some of you are seriouslly missing the point, only ask him questions about the GnR name in this thread.

Basically we''ve heard other versions of how it went down (the band would end right there and then unless the rest of them signed the name over to you and give you full control), but what are your view of the events that happened?
<center>Posted Image
<font color=white>[b]
What did I do Today? Some people think I went and threw it away
But that was yesterday I can't remember much of that anyway
</font></center>

xBrownstonex

xBrownstonex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • 03-April 05

Is there a bit of a comprehension thing going on here?

Did you already have a new lineup or a lineup change in mind at that time?

Dexter

Dexter

• Guns N' Roses
  • 40 posts
  • 11-December 08
Gettin' the vibe that of those here it's biz as usual meaning u want what u want when u want it. I posted a topic if that's not what u want to respond to fine but then don't respond. Peace? Or no?

Epic

Epic

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • 31-May 05
Come on people the man gave us a topic which is "the ownership of the name Guns n Roses", so ask your questions about that. Shouldn't be so hard to understand and let him answer in peace, no need to rush! :)

Did you have an idea or a feeling back then in the early 90's that the group may fall apart so you took the rights for the name and wanted to secure the future of the group because of that?

tonya_ytzerman

tonya_ytzerman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 15-May 06
On topic
To you, what is the definition of "Guns N' Roses"? ie., what (except for legal reasons) would make you change the name of the band you're playing in?