Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ax Rose Chat #4 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

Jordan Rose

Jordan Rose

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • 04-March 08

Let's try something. I'll give a topic and lets try and get a few or more of your questions on the subject. I've either read or heard all types of opinions on these and that's not what I'm trying to get at here. What I'd like to try are the questions as straightforward and concise as you can try and make 'em. I'll read them and if possible answer them collectively. I'll do my best to give you what I can and we'll see how it goes. :xmasssanta: So here goes...

The ownership of the name Guns N' Roses.

SORRY On topic::

With regard to ownership of the name, how will this affect Guns' induction into the RRHOF? The new band can't exactly go and accept the award. Would they have to requalify in 25 years' time for Chinese?
I have lived and breathed Axl Rose's 'new' music every single week of my life since I got a bootleg of Rio 3 in January 2001. That is why I reserve the right in 2012 to be utterly pessimistic, butt-hurt, whiney, disillusioned, disappointed and down-right fucked off. "Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''Axl on Slash, 2000. Irony.

GNRrocker922

GNRrocker922

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 13-December 08
Hey Axl, long-time fan of yours!!!!

What do you think when people say that Guns N' Roses is only the "TRUE" GNR with all the original members?

thanks and nice to see you!

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• SILVER
  • 19,928 posts
  • 01-September 04
Guys, i'm locking this temporarily to clean it up.

Please respect the request and keep the questions on topic.

Ok, unlocking again - KEEP IT ON TOPIC!

i ninja edit 99% of my posts.

KetchupNotMayo

KetchupNotMayo

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • 12-December 08
In hindsight, do you think it was the right decision to take ownership of the name?

Posted Image

This melody inside of me still searches for solution.

GN'R LIVE! 19/07/06 Newcastle, 17/10/10 Birmingham, 23/05/12 Newcastle, 29/05/12 Manchester !Thanks to The Only Cosmonaut for the sig!

axlskAmpf

axlskAmpf

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • 23-January 06
Ok, here's a Q on that directly. Do you think, as I do, you deserve the name exclusively? Any regrets?

Posted Image

I've Always Been The Caretaker

oneAXLinamillion

oneAXLinamillion

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • 14-July 04
So...About the ownership of GUNS N ROSES

do you think you have to follow some kind of music style cause of your musical past, or you feel free to experiment some kind of innovative stuff or melting few styles wich goes "against" the musical heritage of GNR?!?!

Edited by oneAXLinamillion, 14 December 2008 - 10:01 AM.

"Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"

Axl Fuckin' Rose

gavgnr

gavgnr

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • 11-April 05
Ok here goes, Axl did you ever consider creating new music under a different band name or persona?

Or was the name Guns n' Roses something so personal and paramount for you that this option was never in question?

axl_on_drums

axl_on_drums

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts
  • 24-October 08
If you had to start from scratch, what name would you of used for a new band?

Posted Image

ssiscool

ssiscool

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 17,128 posts
  • 17-May 05
Why did you feel the need to take control of the name Guns N' Roses?

When you first started out on the tour in 91, did you plan to take the name of the band?

Posted Image
Keep me running like a deer in the headlights

Axlizzy

Axlizzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • 08-April 05
During all of the legal issues did you feel like dropping the name GNR just so you could move on(from a legal standpoint)?
I want to say that I believe the name lives and dies with you and the music is unbelieveable. Thank you for what you have given us.

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• SILVER
  • 19,928 posts
  • 01-September 04
Take your time asking the questions people... read through the thread and make sure they haven't been asked already. :)

i ninja edit 99% of my posts.

appetite for illusions

appetite for illusions

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  • 11-October 04
How much of a factor was the legal rights to the band name in getting the album out, and promoting tours, etc?
Posted Image

Willie Parker Is God In A Football Jersey

carsonskitz

carsonskitz

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts
  • 11-September 05
On Topic:

i for one and many are happy you kept the gnr name going, as i wernt born yet/was only a small child when you was around originally...so am extremely grateful that ive got the chance now to buy gnr records, live shows etc and i fucking love the new line up, met bbf yesterday such a kool guy..back on topic...but does it feel like gnr when your playing old songs from the back catologue etc?

cheers axl
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES

vernset

vernset

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • 03-April 05
dont you think the best way of demostrating the ownership of the name (appart from all the legal shit), is playing live and demostrating THIS is fucking GNR? I do. ;)

Roy79

Roy79

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts
  • 16-February 06
Having the ownership of the GNR name, does that allow you guys to play anything from the GNR catalogue? Reason why I ask is, because during the 2006 tour people on this board claimed you didn't play a lot of songs of the UYI albums due to legal matters.
Posted Image

The waveform of Chinese Democracy shows the true meaning of the song: 2 lightsabers...it's all about The Force. This shit beats spinning LP's backwards!!! Axl Rose welcomes YOU into the 21st century.....