Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

thank you axl for telling us in your words and to ur fans on this fan base unlike slash selling his side of the story in books and mags to make a proffit out of the split of the guns band , Hope to see you in scottland on your next tour i saw you last time you came to scottland as its the only time iv seen guns and was the best gig iv ever been to see in my life ,so can u come back hear as we are a class croud to play ur class songs infront of ,, laters man ur the bizz rock3rock3

Edited by ewan

OK, well here's my 2 cents. Personally I think the name ought to stay yours. Plain and simple. Not meaning to be rude or bitchy or whatever, but folks ought to move on if they can't except things just didn't work and you chose to keep trying. I've been a guns fans since appetite first come out. Personally you looked like you were bored senseless during the video or really tired. Unless someone has been there, there's no way of really and truly knowing or understanding everything. You've been put down, bashed, beat up and so forth with so many lies over the years. I know how I feel about being lied to so I can only imagine. I think the new guys sound better. Loving every minute of the cd! Thanks Axl for sharing your side of things! This I love really did turn out to be a beautiful song. My fav along with sorry. lots of luck n love to you this year! 4ever behind you dude, you rock!

• 3 weeks later...

A MESSAGE TO AXL:

The real cancer it´s your hate, many Slash´s fans are also AXL´S AND gn´r´s fans, stop your hate, open your heart, it´s too bad to live with so many hate in our hearts, that´s just bring to you bad things in your life, so men, just forgive, doing that, you´ll be a better person, and you´ll be admired for your big heart, sincerelly a real fan.

I just have a hard time believing that Axl is just some innocent bystander in everything and I hope he reads this.

of course you do, look at your avtar, slashite

why dont you stfu.

the man posted on the forum,

just read it and go talk to your butt buddies about how you arent impressed

I can't believe this thread hasn't been vaporised. I come here today to read some interesting stuff after all the info. Axl has shared and all I'm seeing is petty bullshit whining.

niiice, our mexican chiquita even cupcakes Axl

Edited by shades

Guest RonMexico82

As a former SuperBadAss Ranger dude you sure have some learning difficulties Shades. Is that a genuine problem or just a cunning ploy to lure in the Evil-Doers?

axl :) ooh axl a really love you, i didn´t speak english very well, because i speak spanish :tongue2: but i think you anderstand what i´m talking. :D

i´m sou happy because y bought the cd chinese democracy! i think is sou cool! i love the song better! i´m sou happy because i have to work a lot to bought the cd, because i live in a small town and i had to travell a lot to bought the cd, but now i have it! and i´m sou happy! i live in a smal country next to argentina!

i think guns n´roses is the best band in the world!!

and i´m sou happy too because i have an exam and i have to do a project, and mi project was about you, and i pass my exam!

well axl i´m going to write again later, but now i have to study,

kisses... Paula :wub:

• 1 month later...

It was gr8 to read Axl's attitude towards this subject, BUT, I think his silence spoke loader than all the other trash from former members and the media. I believe him, because I see more logic in his words and actions. Here my facts and opinions about it:

1) Slash not only changed many singers but also changed his mind too often.

2) Axl didn't release new album and stuff and this shows that he REALLY tried to save GNR (while the others left him and didn’t care about the future of the band).

3) Everybody talking about his ego. Well...caring for your band mates so they won't get hurt by things thrown on stage is definitely a thing of ego. Or maybe... trying to save your band (which is actually your job and thing you've been working for really hard) from falling apart and pass through hell while doing this, is absolutely an ego subject...

Besides, every artist has to have an ego and strong character in order to succeed, you have to fight for what you believe and you have to be selfish, otherwise, you will sink and bankrupt (you know, there are many, MANY others who will take your place with gr8 pleasure)

The fact that he refuses to reunite with the former members (especially Slash) is obvious! Why do people always think about themselves and their entertainment? Slash left Axl and caused him many problems and now when Axl finally pulled the band out of shit, he wants to return? Besides, if you fight with your friend because he did something really bad to you, would you enjoy his company? I don't think so…

The fact that Axl came late to some shows, I don't think it's a big deal, eventually he came, no? (Here he told that he was late because he did something useful, well ok, but even if he didn’t, what’s the big deal?)

4) The drug issue. Steven, Slash and Izzy became heavy drug users (then) and Rose wasn’t so addicted (Rock against drugs it's like bees against honey, you know). So Axl tried to take control over the situation in the band (nobody else could do this) and this annoyed everybody because, naturally, you don't want somebody to tell you what to do, especially if it happens among artists.

5) Axl didn't say anything about this subject for a long time, it's also mean that he didn't say anything bad, right? I think this was pretty smart thing to do.

It pisses me off when I see many comments like "Axl sucks…Axl is crap…Axl is an asshole...he has no talent...no voice...." and "Slash is GOD....He is right...He is GR8....AWESOME."I think both of them are talented individuals who have their plus and minuses. I like the music GNR produced during the 80's and I like CHINESE DEMOCRACY (although the band changed its sound a little bit, it still feels like GNR. People don't like changes, but the band couldn't stay the same...it would have been boring. The band progressed and changed due to modernizations and new opportunities that opened in front of them)

I wrote here the situation as I see it and I’m sure it was already said b4.

I like the band and I'm not some freaky fan who is crazy about the lead singer or the guitarist (because of their look or something). I like the talent and I don't think it is fair to give such bad response to this awesome band, which doesn’t base on music or talent but on some media bullshit.

I am sorry for this long post and for my clumsy English. I rather wrote it to myself than to anybody else, again, this is my opinion and I had to pull it out somewhere.

:D;)

• 3 weeks later...
Axl--I'll trade you legal advice for piano lessons..lol...how does that sound? You wouldn't be disappointed.

XO

Haha.

I want piano lessons too, Axl!

Can't offer legal advice...

The only thing I can offer is translation, or portuguese lessons. But you've got Beta for that.

But I know french and italian too, so...

If you don't want none of that, I´m sure we can figure something out... :rolleyes:

:rofl-lol:

Axl--I'll trade you legal advice for piano lessons..lol...how does that sound? You wouldn't be disappointed.

XO

Haha.

I want piano lessons too, Axl!

Can't offer legal advice...

The only thing I can offer is translation, or portuguese lessons. But you've got Beta for that.

But I know french and italian too, so...

If you don't want none of that, I´m sure we can figure something out... :rolleyes:

:rofl-lol:

i don't want piano lessons... take me out to dinner!

• 3 weeks later...