Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Axl paints this picture that Slash is some egotistical control freak while he just sat back and watched everything happen

How ironic. I don't think that's the picture he paints at all - If anything, I think that's the picture that Slash has been painting of him for so many years.

Well in this note alone he says Slash said "fuck Izzy and Axl" and tried to take over the stage during live shows, tried to control all the recording of the Illusion albums and basically blames him for all the legal issues that have happened over the years. He blames him for the failure to ever record a new album with the old band and blames him for the negative perception people have of Axl.

Like I said, everything is someone else's fault.

Edited by OTHAFA

So this confirms the inspiration behind Sorry. :lol:rock3 I don't see why or what Axl would have to gain by lying about any of this. Not like he tried to cash in with a book deal like someone else we know... I have nothing but respect for Axl Rose, and cannot imagine there being a Guns 'N Roses without him in it. I also agree and like the idea that whoever thought up the name should be the one who owns it... kind of like a man law. :D

No offense, but Axl sounds bitter as fuck. Especially about Slash. We're supposed to believe that everything that has happened is someone else's fault and EVERYTHING we've been told about him are all lies.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

that's usually the case. we just have to connect the pieces and see what it all adds up.

Wow, that was a great read. A couple points of interest to me:

Did anyone else get the impression that Axl no longer likes TIL/didn't want it on the album. I found it odd that he said Robin and Tommy sort of pressured him into working on it.

Can we put RNRHOF reunion rumors to rest now?? Almost as annoying as the unsubstanicated random reunion rumors.

I'm sure this will make it to music sites all around the world and I think ppl who are believing in a reunion, at least with Slash involved, will be very dissappointed. There seem to be too much bad blood between them. Duff and of course Izzy seem to be quite ok in Axl's book, but not Slash.

But that's only the feeling I get from the post.

That was much better than the ask me anything thread. Some things you cant write down in a only paragraph or continually side step because its a long answer to a short question, so its really appreciated he spent his time doing that for us. I hope he's back soon

Did anyone else get the impression that Axl no longer likes TIL/didn't want it on the album. I found it odd that he said Robin and Tommy sort of pressured him into working on it.

Not at all. I think (and this is just my opinion, per-se) that it was a difficult song for him to work on, and as such he was reluctant to include it on the album. I don't think it was because he didn't like it.