Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

• Please log in to reply
1337 replies to this topic

ITG

ITG

DEMI-GOD

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • 31-January 11
@Rockavastar,

I don't mean to be harsh but you're fucking screwed if you are telling the truth. But I actually think you're a nut with a cardboard sign.

Copyright everything, don't ever co-write, and do everything on your own.

axlfan88

axlfan88

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • 05-February 08
Quo magis socordiam eorum inridere libet qui praesenti potentia credunt extingui posse etiam sequentis aevi memoriam. - Tacitus

And so one is all the more inclined to laugh at the stupidity of men who suppose that the despotism of the present can actually efface the remembrances of the next generation. - Tacitus (AD 56 – AD 117)
Guns N'Roses : Basel 1992, Seville 1992, Basel 1993
Axl's band : Leeds 2002, London 2002, Paris 2006.

Posted Image

SuperBlaine

SuperBlaine

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 28-March 11

Why is it that people are so quick to take credit for something you did? This might be a little off topic because it's with regard to what it says online about Izzy having wrote Patience. That is furthest from the truth. He probably got the song from a man out of Little Mountain Studio in Vancouver British Columbia, Canada, or he got it through ties he might have with either Don Dokken or George Lynch who played lead guitar for Dokken in 1984. The reason I'm bringing it up here is so that I can piss someone off and get their attention. I haven't had any luck with telephone calls. Either people are ignoring my attempts or they just can't believe me when I tell them I wrote Patience and the message never goes anywhere. Patience was a song that I created Live on stage in Tok, Alaska when I filled in for George Lynch because he couldn't make the show because of a landslide that closed the Alaska highway. It was the second of two encores that night... one with me as lead player for Dokken and the other was me solo. I also created One Last Breath by Creed during that encore. Oh one more thing Axl if in fact you do respond to this yourself... If you ever talk to Vince Neil of Motley Crue you might want to tell him Rockstar was looking to get in touch with him. If that name doesn't ring a bell ask him about the house that he lived in for free during the early years of Motley Crue and when he asks where you heard of that you can tell him that you were talking to the owner of that house because that owner is me!... As for Patience. I will sue for twenty five years of royalties... you might want to get in touch with me. If there is the possibility of sending a private message to me here at mygnrforum then you should do that. You might want to work something out privately for my royalties... a court battle could break you financially if I win and the courts gives me royalties as well as damages. It's up to you. Patience was created at a bar in front of a crowd of two hundred plus people and all it will take to win in court is one of those people to recall that night... Oh and I'm sure Don Dokken and the boys will remember the guy that pulled the most amazing guitar play that anyone might have ever seen.

You have such a strong case and THIS is how you choose to move forward? Come on, who are you really?

Well as soon as I can find any single person who's willing to give a little time in their life to pack up and go to another city, state or country to tell the truth in a court of law and then with that info I could more than likely convince a lawyer to take up the cause. Lawyers tend not to want to take up a case Pro Bono without some surefire proof in hand so that they know they're gonna get paid. I will be the one single songwriter in the music industry who has had more top ten hits than any other single songwriter in the history of the music industry. I wrote Please forgive me by Bryan Adams and It's my Life by Bon Jovi. I wrote nearly seven hundred songs in a six month period in 1984 and gave all of them away to people in the entertainment business. There are only forty one songs that I really wanted to get paid for and as of yet that hasn't happened. I made Vince Neil the superintendent of three houses I bought in L.A. in 1984 and gave him one of those houses to live in for free... If I can ever get in touch with the SOB he's got a few things coming his way from me. I have used social media to try to be nice to some of these assholes and the only thing that I can figure is that they're just content to ignore me for now. When I find that one person that will be willing to spare some of his time to take it to the level of the courts then I'd be willing to offer a hundred grand of my settlement in a court for that. In the ;mean time I'm going to continue to tell my story to the world... no matter what. Eventually I will get the attention of someone who has been in the business and has either heard rumors about me over the years and then we will see. I've Patiently.... that word pisses me off.... waited twenty five years for this day in my life. the money was intended to be my retirement... I don't want to wait anymore.

You are one sad little man

evader

evader

Full

• Supporters
  • 333 posts
  • 22-November 08
From

songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2988

"First of all none of the band members had anything to do with writing the song Patience. I created the song live on stage in Tok, Alaska in 1984 when I filled in for George Lynch on lead guitar for Dokken. It was done as the second of two encores. An encore which I performed solo. So Guns n Roses beware... you will be sued
- Marc, Sault Ste Marie, ON"

or better yet.......

myspace.com/catchivity

or best yet........

wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_wrote_patience_by_guns_and_roses

"My Name is Marc ..(full name listed on website).. and I created Patience Live on stage in Tok Alaska when I filled in for George Lynch when he was lead guitarist for the band Dokken in 1984. It was an unsheduled stop on the Tooth and Nail tour. It was at a bar the name of which I no longer recall. Anyone who has the ability to get in touch with Don Dokken directly can prove what I'm saying."

Here is his Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/Catchivity

Damn this guy is looking for attention.... You can even see his house if you zoom in on Google Maps, because he left his freaking location on a Google Profile.

https://profiles.goo...463984749/about

Marc, if you really wrote the song, and truly deserve royalties, I wish you the best of luck. However, if you are as talented as you suggest, maybe you should write more songs and sell the rights to them, or sell the rights to songs you can prove you have written over time. I wish that just knowing your creations made a difference was good enough. And if you are lying - or exaggerating the truth at all - I hope you get what you deserve for that as well. I can't stand free-loaders.

Edited by evader, 26 August 2011 - 12:49 PM.

Saphyra

Saphyra

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • 01-January 12
Oh My Fuckin God.. I just readed it. It's amazing! :D Can't wait till I'll read all other posts like this of Axl. :heart: :heart: :heart:
I don't worry 'bout nothing, no, 'cause worries are waste of my fuckin' time.

weponsnflowers

weponsnflowers

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • 30-January 12
Ehh.. hello, new member here! I really don't have anything new to say, just that I think Chinese Democracy is a great record! It's just incredibly good, full of strong songs, and I actually find it to be the best of all Guns n Roses albums. Maybe it's not as mean as the old ones, but it has more songs one can relate to.

But now I want more! i really wish they'd release a new album this year.

Green Scar

Green Scar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • 08-December 10
Is speak english and portuguese:

Gnr for me is over!

William Bailey turn into stupid asshole, he can't sing anymore!

Pra mim GNR está morto!
William Bailey se tornou um estúpido/idiota, ele năo consegue cantar mais!
Hulk smash!

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11

Gnr for me is over!

Pra mim GNR está morto!
William Bailey se tornou um estúpido/idiota, ele năo consegue cantar mais!

Ok, bye! :D

RocketQueenGNR

RocketQueenGNR

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • 16-February 11

Gnr for me is over!

Pra mim GNR está morto!
William Bailey se tornou um estúpido/idiota, ele não consegue cantar mais!

:rofl-lol:

Edited by RocketQueenGNR, 10 April 2012 - 12:34 PM.

Posted Image
'02:Pukkelpop Hasselt, Belgium
'06: Goffertpark Nijmegen, the Netherlands
'10: Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
'10: Gelredome Arnhem, the Netherlands
'12: Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands
'12: Warsteiner Hockeypark Monchengladbach, Germany
'12: Graspop Metal Meeting, Belgium

alegnr

alegnr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • 22-September 10
IM SO PROUD OF YOU !!! :takethat:

Val22

Val22

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
  • 23-November 08
Thanks Axl for telling us your side of the events. I'm so sick of most people blaming you for the breakup of the original lineup and for most things that went wrong.

I have been a GNR fan from the very beginning and continue to be one.

I support your choice of musicians that play in GNR today. You have picked some of the best musicians around today. I commend you for that.

You sounded amazing in both shows I've seen you do, one in Dallas and the other recently in Vegas.

I look forward to hopefully seeing you again someday soon in concert. One of the best shows I"ve seen in my life and I've been seeing concerts since the 70's!

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a very happy new year!

I hope you spend the holidays surrounded by friends and family who love you and who you love!

I respect your honesty and hope 2013 is an awesome year for you!

T.wa.T

T.wa.T

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • 07-January 13
This guy claiming to have written Patience isnt the only one. Unless he was in Tesla, their guitarist has claimed to have written it as well.
Posted Image

jman2000

jman2000

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • 07-December 12

This guy claiming to have written Patience isnt the only one. Unless he was in Tesla, their guitarist has claimed to have written it as well.

Tesla's guitarist claimed to have written it? Never knew that.

Posted Image

T.wa.T

T.wa.T

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • 07-January 13
Yeah I read that maybe two years ago? Did you read the post above from rockavastar, I think hes insane.

hers the Tesla link.

http://hotair.com/ar...nce-from-tesla/

Funny he says they stole it then backtracks.

Edited by T.wa.T, 23 January 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Posted Image

Gun N' Roses

Gun N' Roses

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • 06-April 13

Hi Axl..

IivGKZD.png

We're screwed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic