Axl Rose Chat #3 - cd - Dec. 13, 2008

DATE: Dec. 13, 2008

SOURCE: chinesedemocracy

Axl chats with fans on the cd.com forum.

Here's a transcript of the chat:

Axl: Who wants to chat?

Deadxsouth: What happened to soon being the word???

Axl: In regard to?

Appetite: Axl if under assumption you tour the UK again will you be going back to Newcastle? despite the last time one prick there throwing pound coins about. I was there that night in 2006 and it would be a shame for the next tour not to stop there because of one idiot out of thousands (althouh I'm sure it's a lot more complicated then that and down to promotors).

Axl: That wouldn't stop us from playing there again. And the whole throwing shit sucks and is pretty cowardly but the leaving I got at Donnington from Lemmy. When we 1st played Donnington I was so happy I had knocked a bottle of piss out of the air when Lemmy gave me a lecture how if another band got hurt because I allowed people to throw things at our shows I'd be responsible for other bands getting hurt. Whether real or there's an argument against that, I've never been able to have anything override that in my head, not even a riot and I don't know why.

If you're working hard and some cunt throws something so he can tell his buddies I don't see where it's worth it.

Dudecqd: Hi Axl, is Silkworms on the next record? It's a masterpiece.

Axl: has a lot of guitars, lots of different drum the chorus is gone.

anythinggoes78: Hey axl glad you could make it shame i cant stay for long as im going to to see bumblefoot in an hour but welcome to the board. Any message for Ron while im there?

Axl: Say hi! He's got a lot more experience at this than I do.

danhuhn85: just wondering if there truly was a rap song with shaq on it that you recorded? this is one of the many rumours flying aroudn since this albums conception and i think we all wanna know..and its its real i want to hear it now...please send it to me in a PM ..NOW..haha

Axl: Imo that was just cheap shots from media jerkoffs knowing that Shaq wasn't the most popular or respected rapper publicly. I've never met the man. He goofed around with Paul and Diz and it went from there.

Rosie: I was wondering about new tour dates....

Axl: No plans. We're talking.

BringBackBrain: Is this for real? Axl. What is Brains status? Can you bring back Breakdown or Dead Horse to the set? Thanks. Your music means more to me than I could ever express.

Axl: I think he's doing alright. Maybe I should check. On the songs maybe, more interested in the newer now. And thank you, means a lot.

Blueheart: Hello and welcome to our board. I wanted to let our members ask their questions first but as my battery will go dead soon I have to ask...What's your opinion on the CD album, gunsnroses.com and chinesedemocracy.com being banned in China

Axl: China's a tough place. A lot of us have no idea how good we have it and think less of those less fortunate. The Chinese people have been kept in the dark thru literally the fear of incarceration or death which to most is either unimaginable or only able to be contemplated w/stories or movies and such where there it's an all encompassing environment and they're growing larger everyday.

aussie_GNR92: How does an average GNR rehearsal go? like, do you jam on any covers, go over songs until they are extremely tight? etc. Also, how frequent are Guns N' Roses rehearsals? Thanks.

Axl: Frequency depends on the reason say a tour or particular gig and how we feel about where we're at with whatever the material is and not so much on the covers but lots of jams. Generally there's a lot of fun but a lot of work and these guys take it very seriously which is great.

BringBackBrain: How do you feel about meeting your fans?What is the best way for a fan to meet you, if they happen to be a dude (since the stereotype is that rockers only wanna meet hot chicks). What do you think of fans who get GNR related tattoos?

Axl: I like meeting all kinds of fans but after a show (I realize that's the only time some may feel they have an opportunity but w/the exception of close friends around...) not to be offensive but I'm generally not looking forward to walking off stage to hang with guys whether they're fans or not. I deal with Guns all day every day so coming off stage to talk about the band is just like more of the same. Unless there's pressing business I wanna forget that till it's time to go at it again the next day. And people may enjoy meet and greets and have their reasons why it meant a lot for them which I respect but overall charging fans for it I thinks disgusting of bands. Now if they did it for free to winners of a contest etc that would be different. Charging is lame. How to meet bands? Maybe try to hang out places u might hear they do sometimes.

Bane: Hi Axl, this is so great of you to do this for us all\Well my question on the other thread, which I will ask again here is:How much does the book 'Catcher in the Rye' inform the song, or is is soley referring to Chapman?And are there any plans of touring South Africa? Thanks so much

Axl: For me the song is inspired by what's referred to sometimes as Holden Caulfield syndrome. I feel there's a possibility that how the writing is structured with the thinking of the main character could somehow reprogram for lack of a better word some who may be a bit more vulnerable, with a skewed way of thinking and tried to allow myself to go what may be there or somewhat close during the verses. I'd think for most those lines are enjoyed as just venting, blowing off steam, humor or some type of entertainment where it may be how others seriously live in their minds.

The bridge b4 the solo is an artistic interpretation of a institutionalized mind. The outro is a tribute to Lennon and an indictment of the author for writing what i feel is utter garbage and I agree whole heartedly that it should be discontinued as required reading in schools. That's my take, I could be completely wrong, I do realize that the song and title could have the next poor soul reading the book and feeling inspired to make an unfortunate statement. So there's the catch I guess.

When I came up with the focus, I got a call from the director of Imagine wanting a bunch of money to make a documentary, had a guy sending me strange packages about Lennon and serial killers etc and the web started calling me Salinger w/no one knowing what I was writing. I figured I was on the right track at least for a song.

eduardo_gnr: Axl when are you coming down to South America, you have forgotten this place in the last years

Axl:Haven't forgot, looking forward to it.

Gavgnr : Hi Axl,Just wanted to ask this: out of all of the music you have written, what song are you most proud of. BTW Prostitute is fuckin amazing.....thank you

Axl: Right now a lot on this album. For me musically it would have to be the orchestral arrangement in the bridge of TIL.

sakuL: this is the first time I feel ashamed for my avatar ... how does it feel [Axl] to see your face everywhere? Especially these very old pictures ...

Axl: fine

aussie_GNR92: Axl, When Guns played the surprise acoustic show in London, can you remember what the request was that you denied before playing Nightrain, and if so, what was that request?

Axl: no idea

BringBackBrain: Axl, what do you think of Duff's comments about ChiDem?

DUFF MCKAGAN Says AXL ROSE 'Sounds Amazing' On 'Chinese Democracy' - Dec. 12, 2008

Bassist Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, LOADED, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) was interviewed this morning (Friday, December 12) by "The BJ Shea Morning Experience" on the Seattle station KISW 99.9 FM. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On whether he's heard the new GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy":

Duff: "I have, yeah. I think Axl [Rose, vocals] sounds amazing. You know, I'm glad he put out the record he wanted to put out and I think it's gonna be successful, him going out and touring. People have been talking how the record's doing. I think it's a longevity thing; it will do fine for him. And I wish him the best of luck."

On whether there is any truth to the rumors that Axl Rose tried to reunite the original GUNS N' ROSES lineup before the release of "Chinese Democracy":

Duff: "I think all of it's rumors. It makes for good, you know, talk around the water cooler, but I don't think much of it is based on any fact."

On whether there's been any communication between him and Axl and on the possibility of a future reunion of the original GUNS N' ROSES lineup:

Duff: "No, there has been no communication. I've grown up. There are so many other things that made me realize, in my life, that made me realize, 'Oh, you're an adult now,' you know? Petty things just go by the wayside. I don't really have time for any of that stuff anymore. As an adult, I see what you guys see. Like, OK, well, everybody is alive and perhaps one day. And if we did it, it would be a blast. It's not anything, by any means, that I sit around and wait for or hope for. If it happens, it happens, and if not, that's fine too."

Axl: And?

bushkarocks! : do ya internet with a 56 k modem axl?

Axl: Do you?

Lies They Tell: Hi Axl! Chinese Democracy awesome, but it's a pretty ballady album compared to previous GNR albums. Is this the new direction of GNR or will some of the future GNR albums be more focused on hard rocking songs again?

Axl: What I know is it's the record that was able to get through the red tape and get itself out there while helping friends, loved ones and myself along the way. The whole ballad or rocker thing has never been something I've ever cared too much about. There's some meaner sections ahead but a particular focus once there were a few of the newer guys together was to bring a bit more beauty into our efforts.

BringBackBrain: Axl, you have the best fans in the world! Up at 5 am to talk to you. We love you. Thanks for all the music. How did you get involved with the WWE? I am going to the Pay per View on Sunday. What is a good sign to bring with your name on it?

Axl: Management. Can't remember the name of Bubbles wrestling character.

sakuL : alright than ... nevermind anything I've sent…this is my question:

- is the band still in contact with Paul Huge? Any more future plans with him? Guest apperance on tour maybe?

Axl: Paul helps out all the time and is on a lot more material. Paul helped get a lot of the base credits etc together which were extensive. He's always had a good memory on that stuff and it's generally important to him to be as ethical as he's capable which is invaluable.

Workaholic: I would like to know...If you're composing music (piano) are you using some computer software to write the notes down or are you using a sheet of paper and a pen for this?

Axl: If I want to capture it I either use Logic or Protools in the studio. I've tried recording myself otherwise for years but for some reason no matter what's there it doesn't seem to be where my real focus should ultimately be.

Gunns: Hey Axl, alot of the gnr fans always say how good the House of Blues 01/01/01 show is, are you thinking about releasing that for the fans in dvd or download soon?

Axl: No plans for any live shows as DVD's currently.

vince41090: Axl - From interviews, tours, riots, and information you revealed yesterday morning, this project has obviously had it's ups and downs. If you could do this whole process over again, with the making of CD, would you?

Axl: Only for the same reason I have, other than that... not in a billion years.

Blueheart: Also, would u consider GNR to perform for a charity cause, and if yes what that cause would be?

Axl: All depends on the cause and if it feels right for us at the time. There could be a disaster that we felt strongly about being involved with helping in some way but often these turn into ways for bands to just promote themselves not really caring but looking so publicly. Or the money doesn't reach the victims or those in need while the celebrities are promoted for thier efforts. Efforts at what? Not into that so much. Medical situations are always important. If you're really helping then I'm for it. Which one's I couldn't really say it's not like I would draw a line or argue the importance of one over another in most cases.

yorch: Hey Axl, thanks for bringing us so many special moments, like this...

Now I'll start with 2 easy questions:

-When did you start the recording of your voice for CD and when did it end and which was the last song recorded?

-Are you here to promote the album, or do you really care about your fan base?

About me, your music has given me the best of my life. That's something great, thank you. Oh and, When you think about you, do you know you're one of the greatest geniuses of our time? How does it feel? Not only me, WE love you, thanks.

Axl: I'll have to think about the 1st bit. W/the second I'm not sure how much this is promoting the album as it's in our own backyard so to speak but it is talking with fans about some of the realities of Guns or myself which whether I've wanted to or not didn't feel right until now. So I'd say it's about us!!

BringBackBrain: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

What do you think of fans who bring signs to shows?

Remember GIMME SOME TWAT @ Hammerstein?

That was me! Can you tell us if you will play new (non chi dem ) material on tour in 09?

Axl gets up around 7, Gets on the Net around 9, Answering the same fucking questions 200 times, Typing away and feeling fine, We've been chatting with Mr. Brownstone, He's be typing, He needs a faster internet connection at HOOOOMMMMEEEEE!

Axl: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles.

No plans on tour setlist as of now.

Mickey Mouse: axl i have two questions for you -has anything disney ever inspired you musically? like the little mermaid score or somthing? are you a fan of the little mermaid? whats your favorite disney animated film?

-did you do a song with eazy-e in the early 90's i read it somewhere, i think it would be pretty cool did you hang out with eazy-e ever? what was a cool moment hanging out with n.w.a.? i guess thats more than one question sorry

Axl: don't know about musically but I'm pro Disney. Go about once a year or so. Went w/Bucket a lot. It's nice to go somewhere where people allow themselves to be more in touch with a more innocent side of themselves at least for what seems like the most part.

He recorded w/Slash and Duff. He really wanted to attack the media over attacking me for One in a Million. There wasn't really any Easy on it. I wasn't there. He gave me the tape to consider. Sounded a bit like the other guys doing Bodycount. The idea was ok but the track wasn't really there and I felt it would get more heat than the track could stand up to. Only hung a couple times after a show with any of them. Was glad I got to meet Easy.

Totalost: hi Axl!which of your songs ever is the most meaningful for you? and why?

thanx for chatting

Axl:I probably won't answer this for a while. It's a good question but one I'll have to think about.

JLR: Hi Axl , Which song on Chi Dem do you feel was your best work vocally?

also, are you coming back to Sheffield anytime soon?

Axl: End section of TWAT, Backgrounds in Catcher. And hopefully when we tour again.

Vesosexa: Hi Axl and welcome , it's a dream come true to even have a chance to ask one of my favorite musicians a question . I want to ask you two questions that don't have anything to do with G N' R they're more about Axl Rose as an individual. Questions :

Q1 What do you do in your spare time for a hobby what else do you love except music?

Q2 If you don't mind would you tell me what are your favorite 10 albums of 2008 and all time favorites i would like to know more about your music taste.

Q3 The Bonus Question hahah. Chinese Democracy was a brilliant album ,but to you miss the old Guns from time to time and when can we expect more from the musical guineas you're?

Thank You

P.S You Rock

Axl: Cars, checking out art, F1. I'm more into film scores.

I miss the illusion we shared for only a few months if that of thinking we were in this together. It wasn't real or if so only ever so briefly while deeper currents of ambitions were temporarily put aside but I didn't know that then.

Yorch: I love Oh my God, but it really sounds like a demo, why? I'm sure we all would love a new version.

Axl: Because that's all it was, only at the time having just got it together only Jimmy Iovine knew that who wanted it to sell their soundtrack. I saw segments of the movie which were good. As a whole later not so much but it wasn't ready yet then. I did write an experimental piece inspired by the bits I'd seen called "Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and me?"

Jaxlmorrison: I guess the only question I really have is when do you think we will see you boys on the road again? And is there ever a chance of you playing Philadelphia again?

Axl: Not sure, looking at options and I would love to play Philly as I would have loved to play bk in 02.

ThinkAboutYou: Axl sebastian bach mentioned you were writing an autobiography how is that progressing?

Axl: It's not exactly an autobiography as much as legal record of every last detail of what went down with the breakup. I have about 40k words on it (don't know where 1200 came from) but it's generally really depressing so I don't go back to it so much.

Pestilence: what are your current thoughts about Kurt Cobain

Axl: I said I'm going on ChiDem now and he said whatever and walked away other than that I've been busy.

Dudecqd: Axl, coudl you tells us more about "The General"?

Axl: You may have heard parts of it somewhere.

Gavgnr: How many other new songs are fully complete and ready to go?

Axl: Haven't checked.

MR ROLLS: Alright Axl mate, it's saturday morning here in sunny old England and it's pissing it down, however looking forward to the summer festivals, what are the chances of an appearance? Better is the dogs bollox too geezer!

Axl: Their being considered. Was great in '06.

jackrory : Hey AXL, that race track gig you refared too was the RDS gig in Dublin Ireland June 2006...Amazing..saw you at the Slane gig in 1992 also..thanks alot great times...hope you're doing well..

Axl: That's right, sorry bout that.

MYWIFEMYLIFE: Axl, Thanks for evrything you've done for us. You've always made my life brighter,happier,you saved my life,made my day,helped me find my wife,build my career...Thanks for that time and smile on my face when I first hold the Chinese Democracy cd. IT DESERVED EVRY SECOND I WAITED IN THE LAST 17 YRS.

I love you. Please come back to Istanbul next tour. (I was the one who gave you "mom dont worry i'm with axl again 93-06 banner,got your microphone from that gig,and cried just in front of you in the first 3 songs ) Did you like Istanbul? Plz come again.

Axl: Istanbul was great and the venue with the river, the bridge, the boats and the moon, the outdoor clubs and getting chased by the cops, and almost being kidnapped...

TWT (free at last...): And the Dexter TV show, hopefully. Maybe Six Feet Under as well. Oh, wait! Axl, I find the verses on Shackler's Revenge to remind me of The Sopranos theme tune in certain ways. Should they do? Furthermore, any chance of getting the complete album on Rockband? That would be swell. I've done SR on expert, so if you're looking for a guitarist, PM me.

Edit: Shit, I just saw the above post in red. We'll have to find out the answer to that one another day

Axl: Never thought of that w/the Sopranos but a big fan of that song. And I think that's a yes on Rockband.

steffi115: Which is the most emotional song for you too sing on Chinese Democracy?

Axl: TIL

Matiaszabala: Hi, I am Matias from Argentina. do you have any plans to come to argentina soon ? Thanks, We love you so much.

Axl: I really like Argentina and wish I could go more often. I look forward to play there again.

slashwusty889: Axl, man (this is incredible), two questions dont worry if you got LOADS many more to answer.

Democracy is a compelling/brilliant album every song has such an extreme feeling and vibe which drags you back for more, id just like to know....

1) outta the whole record what is your favourite part of music on it? like a break down at some point,strings, anything!, it would jus be cool to know!

2) in the 2006 tour when you was in the good old UK did you use michael owen's helicopter????? i heard rumours hahahaha top man if you did!

thanks for this, made my day!!

Axl: Bucket's Blues fill at the beginning of the last verse in Prostitute and his Eventide bits in the outro, the guitars in the bridge of Better, Robin's solo in Twat for a few of them.

Not sure but leaving Silverstone and no fault of our pilots, I saw another helicopter coming towards us blades 1st out of the corner of my eye, yelled watchout and our pilot jerked us out of the way of an idiot who was unauthorized to be where he was and came out of nowhere.

W/out our pilots skill and quick reflexes it would've been over rt then for real.

It was also great to read how "Merck took the keys to the copter so Axl couldn't leave" Donnington like I'm James Bond or something. I did make him drive bk to London though!! ;D

Axlgreece: Christos from Greece here...First of all, thank you Axl for answering all these questions.

Both of my questions are about Catcher and they're a bit strange and may sound stupid to some but what the fuck...

1) Many people consider number 7 to be a lucky number (including me). Is this a good reason why Catcher is on number 7, or was it just random placement?

2) "How a body took a body and gave that boy a gun". Sorry for my english, but if you could explain to me what this means, I would be gratefull...

3) Don't care about May's solos (even though I love the guy), the song is pure magic, just like This I Love.

GN'R = Sometimes the only thing we counted on when noone else was there...

Axl: The # was random but the sequence is intentional. It's a line from the book used to infer it may have helped to inspire a senseless killing.

Rex: Axl, do you think This I Love is still the heaviest thing you've written, or has another song popped up that now holds that title?

Axl: That's still it and ultimately a great healing experience to compose something you have no real idea you're capable of such as the bridge. It's a lot more intricate than I think most realize yet as the guitar and vocals are placed as they should be so dominant. The main string melody in that section I had originally written to a hip-hop loop as well.

markus89: The chance of you actually reading this is pretty slim, but here goes...

Axl ! Mind telling us what we have coming? Wondering if we have some sort of concert fottage coming anytime soon, remember from the 2 shows I was at in Norway that it got filmed.

Are you able to tell us anything about a future tour at this time? Next time I'll be folowing the band, in a non stalking way, through Scandinavia.

Oh, and, if you were to talk to Bumble anytime soon, ask if he still has the cross I gave him during Paradise in Norway July 8th

Axl: Think I've already answered the 1st 2 and I'll ask Bbf.

Monkeychow: Axl - could you pklease talk at all about what inspired the lyrics to Shackler's Revenge and/or Catcher? Or the meaning behind Riad? thanks.

Axl: Shackler's was inspired by the insanity of senseless school shootings and also the media trying desperately to make more out of one shooter's preference for the Guns song Brownstone to no avail.

That said, listening for my own enjoyment or if we were to make a video or performing it I lean more to the entertainment of a horror flick or something like Dexter, something with an interesting menacing character as opposed to real life.

UseYourIllusion1991: Hey Axl,I just want to apologise on behalf of everyone in Brisbane, Australia, for that douchebag who threw that cup of water at you after you went on stage. Thanks for the great performance, it was a night full of memories for me.

Axl: Ha! Thanks...mate!!

Vesosexa: lol I knew my questions weren't going to be answered I'm not very lucky am i lol. anyway before i go to work i'll ask it again : Axl please tell us a bit more about your self

Axl: Cheer up and have a great day!! : ok:

andy Rosita: 1) Hi Axl, I’m from Argentina and I must say that I’m ashamed of the way our government treated GNR the last time you came. Unfortunately for you, that current administration was up to really dirty business and they used GNR as scapegoat, you know, to distract people from what was really going on. Accept my apologies on behalf of my country

Argentina is really fond of GNR, we fucking love you . My question is: when will you start touring? I hope you don’t exclude us from your destination list!!!

Axl: Thank you! It actually worked out good for us w/the press conference and all

Axl: I tried sending this ages ago but apparently it never went through. It was a direct response but now fits others questions on the same subject.

The whole whose it about bit w/songs doesn't work for me that much as in whether a line or whatever was inspired by a particular person or situation doesn't mean that in the end that's what or who the song's about.

I could be working with clay and think of someone or something and somehow that could inspire me to take the work in a different direction at the moment but in the end it could just be a nice vase.

I often wonder where the people who inspired so many songs are now and why it's only important with some songs such as Layla as opposed to others. I'm guessin' a fair # of beautiful love songs or otherwise were inspired by some that the artists and public might consider now or in hindsight to be the opposite of how they are depicted or allegedly represented.

With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.

For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe.

Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable.

GNRNZ: Hey axl what effect do leaks REALLY have on the band/the album? Theres a lot of speculation but no clear answer. Thanks for your time

Axl: Basically for us it's devastating across the board. And when u have such a majority openly justifying their actions and throwing out nonsense such as it's not actually stealing as the original is still with whomever it's unbelievably insane.

It exists because of the greed of the record industry, the greed of large scale pirating, the ease and common nature now of the act itself and personal motivations such as popularity among certain groups, possible momentary media recognition etc.

And it's too rampant and widespread. It's simply too huge a mess for the courts to deal with and in that with those #'s and the expense and manpower involved necessary at this time to curtail it... obviously there are more serious crimes for society to focus on.

Besides, fuck musicians right? If they didn't make enough already then they probably suck anyway rt? "I ain't cryin' for no rich dude." Whatever.

And who knows? What are our #'s on the torrent sites for this album? I don't know. So I don't know how or if it's affected us in terms of sales this time around. Maybe not but w/the economy and the core of our market I'd think there's a possibility it has had a negative effect. Anyone?

Steveysham: Axl, I'd just like to say I feel that you have captured the mood and feel of J.D Sallinger's 'The Catcher In The Rye' perfectly. Why did you chose this book to reference as regards to Chinese Democracy. On a related note, What are your five favourite books?

Axl: Ok, I've never actually tried to put this into words this way before and this'll probably get me in trouble with someone but here goes...

The piano started while watching a documentary or A&E type show on Chapman and wanting to write something for Lennon and his family.

W/the book it started as fascination and curiosity with Holden Caufield Syndrome and what was or could possibly be in the book that obviously certain vulnerable people have seemed to become so passionate about and resort to outrageous public attempts or acts of violence. That and the question most have in regard to Lennon's death...why?

Can't say I have those answers but I feel our song pays the emotional tribute to John Lennon in the end that I'd wanted to write since the night he was killed and also since first listening to Elton and Bernie's Empty Garden.

I read the book. I fell into a deep dark sleep. Went to the studio and sang as a joke what I refer to as the Holden parts off the top of my head and felt at the time at least imo I had stumbled on a way of thinking that had a pattern and a flow but was broken up like a television station going out and coming back slightly off course intermittently and not making sense with it's earlier portion.

Where this unease helped to justify or even demand taking action and feeling the power of taking that action against whoever your mind felt was somehow involved or the root of this unease and alienation. Accompanied by a calming surreal almost religious (but totally insane) vibe I think that if some were to experience having limited capabilities, insecurities or are mentally and emotionally challenged in some way could find a false sense of solace and take comfort in like being on some type of drugs or meds but with an added completely false sense of an imagined calling or purpose.

It certainly could and very well often would feel better than some individuals real world or having to experience or live with a clearer perspective of their true reality...

All of which of course could be imagined and hooked together by events like Lennon's murder, reading the book, wanting to write a song about someone being insane, John Lennon, Chapman, people shooting people and watching Mel Gibson's Conspiracy!

And when I got home not in any dramatic way but more like cleaning off the dinner table I threw my book away.

Don't know if any of that's really what any of that's about but that's how it hit me and just like an instant cake we got the basis for a song.

The Stand, A Scanner Darkly, The Mutant King, The Zodiac, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Axl: And with that I'm out. I'll try and get to more later. It's been fun. That bum rush killed me at the start and I never recovered! Thanks for the appreciation and props, have a good one.Thanks Sean!!

-----------------------------------------------------