Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anti Erin graffiti Axl did in 1990

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

bi-polarbear*

bi-polarbear*

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 16-December 08
yeah apparently when axl was pissed off it didn't matter to him who's business it was.with that being said, it was almost 20 years ago and us disecting everything about axl is not always going to bring pleasant memories as it wouldn't while digging into anyone's past. not that i am justifying his actions by any means...i was once married to a man like that myself...but it does not make him a horrible person.a person's problems does not define who they are.i do love axl for what i think of him...i hope he has made peace with his past and moved on from acting out his inner demons in that way.i feel sorry for my ex, who will never be truly happy because he chases away everyone who he loves the most.
Funny how everything was roses when we held on to the guns
Just because you're winnin' don't mean you're the lucky ones

ErinM

ErinM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • 14-December 08
Bless her heart. That must have been humiliating.

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,565 posts
  • 03-January 04
This is really kind of pathetic.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

Dead Flower

Dead Flower

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 13,417 posts
  • 18-July 04
Posted Image

R 1 Of Many. Text language even before mobiles.

pulJp.jpg

I don't care if your world is ending today because I wasn't invited to it anyway

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,565 posts
  • 03-January 04
What's the SWT on the upper left?

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

Dead Flower

Dead Flower

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 13,417 posts
  • 18-July 04
I believe that is actually the word 'Slut'.

pulJp.jpg

I don't care if your world is ending today because I wasn't invited to it anyway

bi-polarbear*

bi-polarbear*

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 16-December 08

axl's obsessive fans respond to physical abuse charges the same way michael jackson's obsessive fans react to sexual abuse charges. it's like their image of their hero is such that they can't conceive that he could be capable of doing bad stuff -- instead of accepting the bad stuff he does as part of the unique and fascinating psychology.

and in both cases, the pop star in question settled the abuse allegations with a pay off and decided to never address it again.

WTF? just to clear things up i hope you weren't refering to me as one of those "obsessive fans" because like i said, doing "bad stuff" as you put it, doesn't make you a bad person....when you have problems and you can't help it. anyway, my main point was that poeple can't always change what's inside of them, but they can change how they let it out, and i hope he did.
Funny how everything was roses when we held on to the guns
Just because you're winnin' don't mean you're the lucky ones

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,565 posts
  • 03-January 04

I believe that is actually the word 'Slut'.

Oh, lol aren't I the smart one?

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

Thank you.

Memnoch The Devil

Memnoch The Devil

Senior

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • 14-December 08

And Slash cheated on his wife on their wedding night
and Steven was arrested in '97 for beating his wife/girlfriend
They're all fuck ups. Not just Axl though some would like to think so.

Defensive, much? :lol: This is part of Axl lore, like it or not. And please don't equate cheating with domestic violence, it's beyond offensive.

It's just that it seems Axl's faults are much more highlighted than anyone else's in the band. IF Axl did beat Erin and Stephanie, than that's really fucked up and makes me lose respect for him, and I hope he's changed. I can understand however that abuse in relationships is all that he knew of relationships. It's not so much an excuse as that the guy grew up watching women (and himself) get abused; people who are abused and who have other mental issues (which Axl does) can sometimes be abusive themselves.

I never said cheating is the same as domestic violence; however, they are both very scummy deeds. One is much more scummier than the other, yes, but that doesn't mean cheating on your wife is something that should be condoned either.
Slash cheating on his wife the night of their marriage was laughed off, ''oh, what a champ'' etc.
Steven's arrest for domestic abuse is never mentioned around here either.
My point was: Each member of GN'R was fucked up in his own way. Whether it was problems with alcohol, drugs, infidelity, spousal abuse or other problems, they all had their issues.

btw, a little digging and I found Axl's original statement (He sued Stephanie first), September 10th, 1993:

''W. Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses is asking his former girlfriend Stephanie
Seymour to return a ruby and diamond engagement ring and an antique wedding
band he gave her around Valentine's Day, as well as additional gifts and
jewelry he'd given her in anticipation of their marriage. In March, Rose
denied press reports that they'd secretly married and confirmed they were
no longer a duo.

Since abandoning hope of a reconciliation, he hoped to sell the jewelry
and donate the entire proceeds to a child abuse center in concert with the
wealthy model as recognition of the conclusion of their relationship.

Instead he has decided to file suit against Seymour for assault, mental
and emotional abuse. He says the legal action is precipitated by missives
from Seymour and centers around an incident on Christmas Day, 1992, when he
fended her off while she tried to strike him with furniture and her fists
during a party she hosted at their home in Malibu. In the process she
sustained a black eye and photographed it. Rose understands she'll release
that photo to the press if he continues to ask for the return of the
jewelry.

He says he has plenty of witnesses who'll testify she assaulted him when
he asked her to break up the party which he felt had gotten out of control. ''

Edited by Memnoch The Devil, 06 January 2009 - 02:11 AM.

Angelica

Angelica

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,845 posts
  • 09-June 05

And Slash cheated on his wife on their wedding night
and Steven was arrested in '97 for beating his wife/girlfriend
They're all fuck ups. Not just Axl though some would like to think so.

Defensive, much? :lol: This is part of Axl lore, like it or not. And please don't equate cheating with domestic violence, it's beyond offensive.

It's just that it seems Axl's faults are much more highlighted than anyone else's in the band. IF Axl did beat Erin and Stephanie, than that's really fucked up and makes me lose respect for him, and I hope he's changed. I can understand however that abuse in relationships is all that he knew of relationships. It's not so much an excuse as that the guy grew up watching women (and himself) get abused; people who are abused and who have other mental issues (which Axl does) can sometimes be abusive themselves.

I never said cheating is the same as domestic violence; however, they are both very scummy deeds. One is much more scummier than the other, yes, but that doesn't mean cheating on your wife is something that should be condoned either.
Slash cheating on his wife the night of their marriage was laughed off, ''oh, what a champ'' etc.
Steven's arrest for domestic abuse is never mentioned around here either.
My point was: Each member of GN'R was fucked up in his own way. Whether it was problems with alcohol, drugs, infidelity, spousal abuse or other problems, they all had their issues.

And if an artist includes any photos of those events in an exhibit, I'll post a thread about that too. (Providing you don't first). By fobbing it off with 'they all had their issues' you kind of are lumping all those things together as though they're equatible and they're really not.

btw, a little digging and I found Axl's original statement (He sued Stephanie first), September 10th, 1993:

''W. Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses is asking his former girlfriend Stephanie
Seymour to return a ruby and diamond engagement ring and an antique wedding
band he gave her around Valentine's Day, as well as additional gifts and
jewelry he'd given her in anticipation of their marriage. In March, Rose
denied press reports that they'd secretly married and confirmed they were
no longer a duo.

Since abandoning hope of a reconciliation, he hoped to sell the jewelry
and donate the entire proceeds to a child abuse center in concert with the
wealthy model as recognition of the conclusion of their relationship.

Instead he has decided to file suit against Seymour for assault, mental
and emotional abuse. He says the legal action is precipitated by missives
from Seymour and centers around an incident on Christmas Day, 1992, when he
fended her off while she tried to strike him with furniture and her fists
during a party she hosted at their home in Malibu. In the process she
sustained a black eye and photographed it. Rose understands she'll release
that photo to the press if he continues to ask for the return of the
jewelry.

He says he has plenty of witnesses who'll testify she assaulted him when
he asked her to break up the party which he felt had gotten out of control. ''

And that has what to do with this? :blink:

Edited by Angelica, 06 January 2009 - 02:43 AM.

citizendick_zpsf312adb4.jpg

A compliment for us, is a compliment for you

Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts
  • 27-December 08

This is really kind of pathetic.

At first I thought it was kind of funny, but yeah it's pretty odd. I can understand being pissed but you have to be an idiot/crazy to write that shit (SWEET CHILD O' DIE) on your obviously visible garage door...
"Did You Just Grab My Ass"

Dariablue

Dariablue

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • 24-October 08
Angelica, you always find the most interesting things.

axl's obsessive fans respond to physical abuse charges the same way michael jackson's obsessive fans react to sexual abuse charges. it's like their image of their hero is such that they can't conceive that he could be capable of doing bad stuff -- instead of accepting the bad stuff he does as part of the unique and fascinating psychology.

and in both cases, the pop star in question settled the abuse allegations with a pay off and decided to never address it again.

Exactly. It's always 'Axl supposedly' or 'Erin/Stephanie claim' I think it's pretty clear cut here people.

Posted Image

R 1 Of Many. Text language even before mobiles.

He was truly an innovator.

licksig.jpg

"There is no good guy, there is no bad guy, there is just Axl and Slash and they just disagree." - Marc Canter

"You're offended? Shut up. Everyone is awful."

Memnoch The Devil

Memnoch The Devil

Senior

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • 14-December 08

For God's sake. We have video footage of the man diving off stage, attacking a fan, simply for being videotaped.

Do some of you honestly feel it is inconceivable of him to beat up a woman if she did something that he considered out of line?

Just wow. :rofl-lol:

First off---On the film of him attacking the biker, did you see any video camera in the biker's hand? Axl claimed in an interview that the guy had been harassing kids in the crowd and was being a douche. Axl has in the past asked the guards to help kids in the crowd who were getting beat up or has tried to stop guards from beating on kids. And he's done his fair share of beating.

Also--you know your boy Steven Adler (THG is BringBackAdler, for those who don't know) was arrested in 1997 for the same offense, beating a girl.

estranged 16

estranged 16

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • 11-July 08
wow, he was a really disturbed individual at that time in his life. that is humiliating. no one deserves that, ever

Memnoch The Devil

Memnoch The Devil

Senior

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • 14-December 08

wow, he was a really disturbed individual at that time in his life. that is humiliating. no one deserves that, ever

He did say that 1990--the year he did the graffiti and broke up with Erin--was a fucked up year in his life, a very fucked up and suicidal year for him. That's why in the Don't Cry video, the headstone for Axl says 1962-1990. A lot happend that year, I think, not sure though, that that was the year he O'D on the pills and ended up in a coma (which inspired Coma's lyrics). Also, they ended firing Steven that year and Erin got pregnant and miscarried with his kid, and I believe that happend in the Fall of '90, which in his anger led to the wine bottle incident with his neighbor which inspired Right Next Door to Hell. They broke up that November.
He also said later on:

''I've been hell on the women in my life, and the women in my life have been hell on me. And it really breaks me down to tears a lot of times when I think about how terribly we've treated each other. Erin (Everly, Rose's former wife) and I treated each other like shit. Sometimes we treated each other great, because the children in us were best friends. But then there were other times when we just fucked each other's lives completely up. And so you write about that in your frustration. The anger and the emotions and stuff scare people, and it's good that people recognize these things as dangerous. I don't think our music promotes that you should feel this way, and if people are getting that, that's not right. We're saying you're allowed to feel certain ways. Now, if you want to hold on to something that you know is bad, that's your problem. I don't want to. I've already left most of the lyrics behind. I'd already grown past a lot of the things by the time I started working on my therapy in February. It takes a lot of work to slowly dig that out. And I've been doing this while I'm on the road. Some of this stuff is coming out at four in the afternoon, when you don't expect it.''

Edited by Memnoch The Devil, 06 January 2009 - 04:40 PM.