Airbourne

illusions

They're way to unoriginal for me... I'm not a that big fan of AC/DC either, so if I want that type of music I'll just put on Highway To Hell or Back In Black. Airbourne's Runnin Wild album is pretty much a clone of AC/DC/Rose Tattoo/aussie rock sound and it doesn't add anything new... But if you love that type of music I suppose it would be good, to me it's just "meh", and AC/DC have lots of albums that are better. Not bad, but far from good. Live on the other hand these guys are a great, great live band - or rather the frontman/singer/guitarist is awesome live, the rest of them ain't nothing special. I saw them open for Motorhead about a month ago and they were really good, far better than Motorhead. If you're really into the whole AC/DC/Rose Tattoo sound and want more despite having all of AC/DC's album, then Airbourne is probably something for you - otherwise I don't see the point.

i was actually going too make the same thread yesterday lol, ive had there album for quite a while now, i went out and bought theres aswell as black stone cherry's album because i heard they were pretty good new rock bands, but tbh i aint ever bothered playing them. Up until recently i thought id give the airbourne one ago and i fucking love it...there really good, yeh they sound much like acdc/rosetatoo...but its a lot better than anything else IMO thats new out there

I like what i've heard from them so far, Too Much Too Young Too Fast, Runnin' Wild and Diamond in the Rough. They're like a modern AC/DC perhaps with their simple template, i'd imagine an album of theirs is enjoyable and simple; i might go and look for it. AC/DC and Airbourne should have a rock off.

There OK, but people, they don't sound EXACTLY like AC/DC!!!!!!!!!!!

The singer sounds more like Tom Keifer (Cinderella) than Bon Scott, and I'm ROTFLMFAO on

the singer sounds like Brian Johnson....Give me a fucking break! :rofl-lol:

If you like hard rock with good sound quality from the studio, then give these guys a shot, people should stop the sounds like him, her, and them bullshit, and listen for yourself.

For the record, though, I think their earlier EP really sucks.

The singer sounds more like Tom Keifer (Cinderella) than Bon Scott, and I'm ROTFLMFAO on

If you like hard rock with good sound quality from the studio, then give these guys a shot, people should stop the sounds like him, her, and them bullshit, and listen for yourself.

He said he sounds a bit like Brian, not just like him. He also never said that they sound EXACTLY like AC/DC.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lollolololllololl111!!!!

He said he sounds a bit like Brian, not just like him. He also never said that they sound EXACTLY like AC/DC.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lollolololllololl111!!!!

Have you read this thread? It pretty much has most claiming "If I want AC/DC, I'll listen to the real

AC/DC" That pretty much claims that they sound pretty much like AC/DC! No, maybe not quite exactly, but about as close to exactly as you can get! As for Brian Johnson, I apoligize, I have read other threads where people claim the singer sounds a lot like Brian, and I guess some of that carried me over to this thread.

Some of the rhythms in their songs are pretty AC/DC tight, but the singer in this group makes them sound more like a typical 80's hard rock group IMO.

Edited by Getizzyback

They're almost identical to AC/DC except for the fact no one can come close to the magic between Angus & Mal.

It could be a good or bad thing- i'm just happy someone is trying to keep alive the rock n roll spirit&sound!

I got real excited about this band, but after a week of plays they got boring- whereas I'm still listening to AC/DC after years of playage; there's just garenteed longevity in anything they put out, it's insane. Few bands are like that.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...