Bootleg Trading

Syk

Well first of all you get some scissors.

Cut the bottoms off of your jeans or whatever type of pant you typically wear.

Then call up a buddy and ask him if he'd like to trade bootlegs.

I have no idea Sky, but I'm sure someone will will be much more helpful than myself.

Here's a free kick me in the ass ticket, I give 'em out all the time. :P

It's pretty simple.

To start with it's best to do a few B+P's (i'll cover that in a minute) to get some shows. Everyone has to start somewhere and alot of people will generaly help you out. Then move on to trading.

First off, a B+P is where you contact someone, say myself, and ask if they would be able to do a b+p. You would then send the person the number of dvds you'd like. So say you want 5 shows that are 3 1 dvd shows and 2 that are 2 dvd shows, you would send 7 blank disks to me. You would also include a return envelope with your address on. Also include the money to post it back. I would then burn the shows and post it back to you. Then just wait for your shows to arrive. Do this a few times and you should start to build up a nice little collection.

Okay, so you now have a few dvds and want to trade. start by searching forum's for traders. HTGTH have a bootleg list thread and so does gnrsource.com. Here, just search trade in membrobilia.

If you find something you would like on someones list you then contact the person for a trade. Generaly if you contact someone you have to send first. But as you get more known people will aggree to send at the same time. This is something to work out with each person though.

Normally when i contact someone for a trade i put something along the lines of:

Hey, i was browsing trading sites and come accross your list *enter address of where you found the list here*.

I've noticed that you have got X shows that i'd like. They are:

*list them here*

my list can be found here http://www.freewebs.com/ssiscoolbootlegs

Let me know either way please.

Thanks.

ssiscool

Then if they aggree to the trade, you copy the show they want and post it off to them. When they have recived your dvd, they will post their dvd to you. Then once you get it, your done.

Thats basicly it.

Some tips though,

1. If you do start trading, keep a list of what shows you have. I've got my website for people to browse but i've also got a MS database that tells me where i've got it stored. for online lists, i recomend http://www.freewebs.com it's real simple. Other sites include db.etree.org and Tapetrader.com. Though i could never get along with those.

2. Browse trade sites and look up "good traders/bad traders" get to know who to avoid. That way you will be less likely to get ripped off. Also if you do that you can find more traders. I do that every other day to find shows that i want/need.

3. Post links to your lists and forums but don't spam. Let people know when it's updated. I generaly post on VR forum, htgth, gnrsource.com and The Traders Den.org (TTD is for all kinds of music from Britney Spears though to extreme Metal)

4. When you have plenty of shows, don't be affraid to help out new people. You were there once.

Thats about it. Drop me a PM if you want to get started, i'll help you out.

It's pretty simple.

To start with it's best to do a few B+P's (i'll cover that in a minute) to get some shows. Everyone has to start somewhere and alot of people will generaly help you out. Then move on to trading.

First off, a B+P is where you contact someone, say myself, and ask if they would be able to do a b+p. You would then send the person the number of dvds you'd like. So say you want 5 shows that are 3 1 dvd shows and 2 that are 2 dvd shows, you would send 7 blank disks to me. You would also include a return envelope with your address on. Also include the money to post it back. I would then burn the shows and post it back to you. Then just wait for your shows to arrive. Do this a few times and you should start to build up a nice little collection.

Okay, so you now have a few dvds and want to trade. start by searching forum's for traders. HTGTH have a bootleg list thread and so does gnrsource.com. Here, just search trade in membrobilia.

If you find something you would like on someones list you then contact the person for a trade. Generaly if you contact someone you have to send first. But as you get more known people will aggree to send at the same time. This is something to work out with each person though.

Hey, i was browsing trading sites and come accross your list *enter address of where you found the list here*.

*list them here*

Thanks.

ssiscool

Then if they aggree to the trade, you copy the show they want and post it off to them. When they have recived your dvd, they will post their dvd to you. Then once you get it, your done.

Thats basicly it.

Some tips though,

1. If you do start trading, keep a list of what shows you have. I've got my website for people to browse but i've also got a MS database that tells me where i've got it stored. for online lists, i recomend http://www.freewebs.com it's real simple. Other sites include db.etree.org and Tapetrader.com. Though i could never get along with those.

2. Browse trade sites and look up "good traders/bad traders" get to know who to avoid. That way you will be less likely to get ripped off. Also if you do that you can find more traders. I do that every other day to find shows that i want/need.

3. Post links to your lists and forums but don't spam. Let people know when it's updated. I generaly post on VR forum, htgth, gnrsource.com and The Traders Den.org (TTD is for all kinds of music from Britney Spears though to extreme Metal)

4. When you have plenty of shows, don't be affraid to help out new people. You were there once.

Wow that was quite an explanation. Thanks! I'm going to take a look on your site and then decide what I'm going to do.

You know I always thought trading was much more confusing that that..it was like some foreign language to me. :lol:

It's pretty simple.

*list them here*

Thanks.

ssiscool

Thats basicly it.

Some tips though,

you make it sound like it's some sort of honest business... WTF !! People like you are what make buying these things outrageously expensive. Did you ever think of that? Why does everybody have to HAVE everything that everyone else has. Do you feel so inadequately significant without your status symbols? If I just want to see a movie i'll borrow it. I only buy the ones I particularly love. Quality always beats quantity. And, not to mention the drain on the earth's resources. OVER-CONSUMPTION IS NOT KOOL.

To be honest, I dont really understand how the whole trading thing works. There are so many shows I would love to have so could someone fill me in on how to do it?

why on earth do you display a pagan avatar? must be part of the status thing.

It's pretty simple.

*list them here*

Thanks.

ssiscool

Thats basicly it.

Some tips though,

you make it sound like it's some sort of honest business... WTF !! People like you are what make buying these things outrageously expensive. Did you ever think of that? Why does everybody have to HAVE everything that everyone else has. Do you feel so inadequately significant without your status symbols? If I just want to see a movie i'll borrow it. I only buy the ones I particularly love. Quality always beats quantity. And, not to mention the drain on the earth's resources. OVER-CONSUMPTION IS NOT KOOL.

To be honest, I dont really understand how the whole trading thing works. There are so many shows I would love to have so could someone fill me in on how to do it?

why on earth do you display a pagan avatar? must be part of the status thing.

To be honest I just thought it looked cool. :shrugs:

I'm a completionist. If ever i collect something i have to get all that is availible. CD's, tv dvd's, books. Ect.

Syk, i've sent you a PM.

Buying bootlegs is wrong. The people that sell you the dvd is making money off of the bands back. Most of the dvd's i've got say that they are to be freely traded and not sold.

Buying bootlegs is wrong. The people that sell you the dvd is making money off of the bands back. Most of the dvd's i've got say that they are to be freely traded and not sold.

if you say so, i won't argue with that. your biz. k.

I don't see the big deal either way

Nobody is forced to buy a bootleg they can always download from a torrent

It's a open market and so what if ssiscool want's to collect bootlegs that's his choice.