Dr.Dre/Axl

ronartest2004

Because no one gives a shit about Rap.

:rofl-lol:

For sure man, I wanna be cool like you and limit myself to only certain kinds of music. Good music is good music period,regardless of genre.

:rolleyes:

Rap is good music, oh please give me a fucking break.

whats funny is, it takes him so long to create Detox ,

when rappers can spit out 10s of records a year, I mean, how hard is it to write a Rap 'song', and add a computer generated drum beat to it, and viola your done.

I could write a rap song right now, all you have to do is add the words 'bitches, hoes , N''ger, gangsters and you have a hit song,

if that is what you consider good music, I dont know why the hell your on a gnr board. :rofl-lol:

Oh my god....

OMG omg only metal and hard rocks is the only true and real music, EVERYTHING ELSE IS SHIIIIAITE!!!1111one!!!oneone

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
Guest Len B'stard

Hip Hop makes rock n roll look embarrassing and dated and obsolete. Not that it wasn't good for what it was but its just not that day anymore and its attitudes and attendant culture are just not viable in this day and age, it cant get the party started, it doesn't say anything thats relevant today and its rhythms are dated in that its just not what gets arses shaking anymore.

I could easily not listen to anymore rock n roll for the rest of my life, its like a book I've read a thousand times, it has nothing to say to me anymore.

Shit, hip hop today is in danger of going the way of rock n roll too, its starting to replicate some of the negative overblown gross-ness that was the un-doing of rock n roll.

Edited by sugaraylen

Hip Hop makes rock n roll look embarrassing and dated and obsolete. Not that it wasn't good for what it was but its just not that day anymore and its attitudes and attendant culture are just not viable in this day and age, it cant get the party started, it doesn't say anything thats relevant today and its rhythms are dated in that its just not what gets arses shaking anymore.

I could easily not listen to anymore rock n roll for the rest of my life, its like a book I've read a thousand times, it has nothing to say to me anymore.

Shit, hip hop today is in danger of going the way of rock n roll too, its starting to replicate some of the negative overblown gross-ness that was the un-doing of rock n roll.

You're a wanker.

Guest Len B'stard

What you mean by that last paragraph in particular?

Kanye West in a skirt for starters :lol:

You're a wanker.

compulsively so :lol:

Haha, I wasn't sure if you were going to take that in good humour...doubting DOOM it seems :lol:

Rock music can still do the job, but it is in a terrible state at the moment, has been for well over a decade I reckon.

I'm not sure "songs" full of "yeah yeah" "uh uh" "yo girl" and "cmon" are any more relevant to be honest.

Guest Len B'stard

Rock n Roll is great, it's kinda what got me into music so much...i think. The elements that made it good were of a certain time or an era, i don't think these things are built to last forever, these 'movements'. I mean, if they were they wouldn't really be movements, would they?

Hip Hop is a genre whoose modes and rhythms are relevant enough today that, should it start actually saying something again like it used to, then people will listen. I'm not sure the same thing goes for rock n roll, i think we could get a rock n roll band today that could make some shit hot music and really put their marker down...but people just wouldn't be into it cuz it's yesterdays music.

Hip Hop isn't doing itself any favours either at the moment but you can still get an artist here or there that will just blow peoples minds with what they do on the mic, or a DJ that does his thing exceptionally well. Also Hip Hop has that unique competitive aspect that keeps it alive and vibrant, MCs can challenge MCs, you can find like, the fuckin' Muhammad Ali of MCs but there's always that chance that there's somebody to knock him off his spot, it's like a sport...and those never get old.

To put it simply, Hip Hop, though now also being subject to being like...made into history and editorialised and such, it still feels like it has a bit to do...whereas rock n roll has exhausted even it's retro appeal, having been beating that particular horse since the 80s right through to the mid 90s.

Having said all of this, I would welcome with wide open arms any band to come along as shut me right the fuck up...with a coke and a smile :)

Edited by sugaraylen