Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

That guy from Wolfmother has also been confirmed.

That sucks. Slash had a great lineup til then.

I am starting to think some of the morons in here posting shit about Slash are just nyms to get people riled up. It's working too because everytime one of these fools post about Slash there are responses so I say we try the ignore approach and see if they go away.

how can you hate on wolfmother, there such a good band

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy from Wolfmother has also been confirmed.

That sucks. Slash had a great lineup til then.

I am starting to think some of the morons in here posting shit about Slash are just nyms to get people riled up. It's working too because everytime one of these fools post about Slash there are responses so I say we try the ignore approach and see if they go away.

how can you hate on wolfmother, there such a good band

Yeah, Wolfmother's fucking awesome. Looking forward to buy Wolfmother's new album & Slash's new album too :P

aaaaaahahahaha. this album is going to fail so hard.

it might sell a bit but with fergie singing on the track's it's destined to be panned by critics everywhere.

Why come to the VR section of the forum, just to be a cupcake? You must have a very dull life.

Anyway, the stuff he's working on sounds like it's gunna be awesome. Can't wait to hear the album.

it might sell a bit but with fergie singing on the track's it's destined to be panned by critics everywhere.

Who the heck cares what critics say!?

We just finished recording probably the heaviest song I've put on record to date. #fb iiiii||; ),

about 6 hours ago from txt

I am bummed it isn't coming out until next year but I am super excited for it. I think this album is going to be amazing, as he is going to have 12-14 of the world's best singers as well as the freedom to whail away on the guitar as much as he wants. Josh Freese is a hell of a drummer, and I expect the musicianship of the album to be off the charts.

I have always really liked the Snakepit albums musically, but the singing never did anything for me. If Slash even repeats that with superior vocals from everyone it will be a success, but I think we are going to see an even more inspired effort out of him considering this is his baby and his excitement level for it is through the roof. He seems genuinely pumped about the whole process, which is awesome.

Guest Apollo

i doubt it will sell worse than Chinese Democracy

So you will consider the album a success if it sells 750,000 in the u.s. and 2.5 million world wide?

Slash doesn't have a 13 million dollar budget and 10 years of recording time for his album. Can't you dorks go post on thereisntshitgoingonwithgnrsoihavetocomeonandbashslash.com or something?

I never heard of thereisntshitgoingonwithgnrsoihavetocomeonandbashslash.com

gues I'll have to check it out to see what they say? :rofl-lol:

oh for fuck's sake. if anything, at least slash isn't keeping his fans waiting for years and years and years for an album to come out. he's always doing something and keeping us up with his twitter. and what is axl doing? hidding somewhere, afraid of his own shadow.

btw i like the name thereisntshitgoingonwithgnrsoihavetocomeonandbashslash.com :rofl-lol:

Guest Apollo
oh for fuck's sake. if anything, at least slash isn't keeping his fans waiting for years and years and years for an album to come out. he's always doing something and keeping us up with his twitter. and what is axl doing? hidding somewhere, afraid of his own shadow.

btw i like the name thereisntshitgoingonwithgnrsoihavetocomeonandbashslash.com :rofl-lol:

You people amaze me.

In your world, it's perfectly OK to bash Axl every chance possible. But if somebody dare questions Slash about anything, then you people freak out about that.

The double standard is ridiculous.

But do tell Nina Hudson. Axl is hiding, afraid of his own shadow. So you've been in contact with Axl and know this for a fact? It's hilarious how the Axl haters say things like this, always assuming and portraying Axl in the worst way possible.

For all YOU know, it's the opposite. Axl is glad to have finally released the album, he's happy with the last tour, happy the record company got paid by best buy . . . and now he's sitting back by his pool, relaxing and having the time of his life.

And Axl is keeping his fans "waiting for years and years and years" . . . . luckily Axl's fans are grown adults and don't sit at home every day freaking out because their is no album, and freaking out because Axl kept the name GnR. I lived my life. And ANY music that a band member puts out is a BONUS for me to be able to listen to. No requirements on a singer/band on how often they have to put out new music.

You people hate Axl . . . . and think that everything Slash does is Godlike . . . . . so what I can't figure out is why you all bitch and moan so much? Axl has put out one album in the last decade. Your beloved Slash has put out multiple albums, is in a band called Velv Revolver (surely they will get another new singer someday, and yes, I'm sure you blame Axl for Scott leaving), and Slash is about to put out a solo album. Your world should be GOLDEN. Yet . . . you still are whining all the time.

Can't wait to see the list of singers that are going to be on the album.

Kinda off topic: But I've been listening to a lot of STP lately, and realised that Scott is actually an amazing singer. I think he should've used his lower register on VR songs, it maybe could've made the songs better. Well, doesn't matter now, does it. :shrugs:

You people amaze me.

In your world, it's perfectly OK to bash Axl every chance possible. But if somebody dare questions Slash about anything, then you people freak out about that.

But do tell Nina Hudson. Axl is hiding, afraid of his own shadow. So you've been in contact with Axl and know this for a fact? It's hilarious how the Axl haters say things like this, always assuming and portraying Axl in the worst way possible.

For all YOU know, it's the opposite. Axl is glad to have finally released the album, he's happy with the last tour, happy the record company got paid by best buy . . . and now he's sitting back by his pool, relaxing and having the time of his life.

And Axl is keeping his fans "waiting for years and years and years" . . . . luckily Axl's fans are grown adults and don't sit at home every day freaking out because their is no album, and freaking out because Axl kept the name GnR. I lived my life. And ANY music that a band member puts out is a BONUS for me to be able to listen to. No requirements on a singer/band on how often they have to put out new music.

You people hate Axl . . . . and think that everything Slash does is Godlike . . . . . so what I can't figure out is why you all bitch and moan so much? Axl has put out one album in the last decade. Your beloved Slash has put out multiple albums, is in a band called Velv Revolver (surely they will get another new singer someday, and yes, I'm sure you blame Axl for Scott leaving), and Slash is about to put out a solo album. Your world should be GOLDEN. Yet . . . you still are whining all the time.

Thats such black and white bullshit, you just look at it like "oh, these people must love slash and hate axl, yeah thats why" Thats how a moron thinks dude. Honestly, I really don't think anyone here holds all that much against either of em, and anybody who actually really dislikes Axl or Slash and posts at a Guns N' Roses fan site is just weird. Same goes for anybody who claims to purely be a modest fan of the band who just likes the music and has no interest for what's next within the group, fucking please.

You say people hate Axl, but all of it just comes from how slow the whole NuGNR thing is. Remember, this is a fucking fan website. What kind of people come to a fan website to spend time talking about a rock band? Fans who give enough of a shit to know about the band and follow up with whats happening, thats how it is at any other moderately popular artists fan forum. So we have this outlet for those fans, but little to no activity to satisfy people, most activity includes a rumor or message from Axl that turns up to be bullshit a few months later... it just makes it impossible for everybody to be totally satisfied with the state of the band, and for you to expect that is stupid.

With Slash, he's out there in the field living it and communicating with his fans daily, if you like Slash and his playing there's really nothing to complain about. So when people bash Slash its just gay, its just like shut up, what are you mad about? Like okay you DONT like Slash, so why are in the Slash twitter thread talking about him? He sucks? Buckethead is better? okay... sweet, yeah I hate slash too, fucking jew

The people who complain about Axl at least give a shit and want things to happen, the people who complain about Slash are fucking strange and annoying

if you think theres a significant amount of people who complain about Axl Rose on his own fan forum because they hate him, youre not as wise as you try to sound

Edited by sweetness

You people amaze me.

Thats such black and white bullshit, you just look at it like "oh, these people must love slash and hate axl, yeah thats why" Thats how a moron thinks dude. Honestly, I really don't think anyone here holds all that much against either of em, and anybody who actually really dislikes Axl or Slash and posts at a Guns N' Roses fan site is just weird. Same goes for anybody who claims to purely be a modest fan of the band who just likes the music and has no interest for what's next within the group, fucking please.

You say people hate Axl, but all of it just comes from how slow the whole NuGNR thing is. Remember, this is a fucking fan website. What kind of people come to a fan website to spend time talking about a rock band? Fans who give enough of a shit to know about the band and follow up with whats happening, thats how it is at any other moderately popular artists fan forum. So we have this outlet for those fans, but little to no activity to satisfy people, most activity includes a rumor or message from Axl that turns up to be bullshit a few months later... it just makes it impossible for everybody to be totally satisfied with the state of the band, and for you to expect that is stupid.

With Slash, he's out there in the field living it and communicating with his fans daily, if you like Slash and his playing there's really nothing to complain about. So when people bash Slash its just gay, its just like shut up, what are you mad about? Like okay you DONT like Slash, so why are in the Slash twitter thread talking about him? He sucks? Buckethead is better? okay... sweet, yeah I hate slash too, fucking jew

The people who complain about Axl at least give a shit and want things to happen, the people who complain about Slash are fucking strange and annoying

if you think theres a significant amount of people who complain about Axl Rose on his own fan forum because they hate him, youre not as wise as you try to sound

======> http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=149687

C'mon guys, this dude said something bad about Slash, let's rip him apart :laugh: The reactions are priceless; it's a shame it comes back down to this Axl Vs Slash thing it really is.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Slash can produce, hopefully the Ozzy track is a good one, not really sure how it'll all turn out.

Can't wait to see the list of singers that are going to be on the album.

Kinda off topic: But I've been listening to a lot of STP lately, and realised that Scott is actually an amazing singer. I think he should've used his lower register on VR songs, it maybe could've made the songs better. Well, doesn't matter now, does it. :shrugs:

I was wondering about that as well.. I always thought he lost that part of his voice, until I heard a live performance of STP last year. It could have been a lot better.. anyways, nobody gives a shit now.

it's not like i'm sitting at home and waiting for an album to come out so i can go and get it. when it comes out, it comes out.

i can't wait to hear slash's solo cd, i wonder how some of the singer will sound and how it will be altogether.