Wando

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4/1/09 -- NEW WEEKLY UPDATE:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logId=480559649

weekly update!

"Hey gang, what's happening? Things are going fantastic in the studio, Josh Freese & Chris Chaney are one hell of a rhythm machine & the guitar sound is FAT! "fucking Awesome Tone!" All is going perfect so far. We start recording vocals today & I'm really excited about working with this particular individual, its going to be quite an event.

In reading your mail I find that I've been receiving a lot of questions about VR. Mostly about if we have found a new singer & if we're going to tour again. In response to the former, no we haven't found a singer yet. There was a lot of talk about our announcing a new singer in March but it obviously didn't happen. We had somebody that we thought was a really good candidate, but it just wasn't meant to be. So, we're still looking. In response to the latter question, of course VR is going to tour again, we just have to find the right person to front the band. We have a bunch of new material & we're all anxious to get going, but the key ingredient for a rock & roll band such as VR is an amazing frontman, & we haven't found the right man for the job, yet.

As far as upcoming events, I'll be playing the Quart Fest in Norway, June 30th with special guests. Also, I will be doing a few big shows TBA in support of my solo album at some point. I'm sure there will be some other gigs here & there as well, so stay tuned.

I think that pretty much covers it for now, VR is still looking for a lead vocalist & I'm busy in the studio getting this record together. Hopefully by the time I'm done with my record, Velvet Revolver will be announcing some new plans, if not before. R & F'n R! /,,/

Cheers!

Slash

How long will it take Slash to finished the record? Are they not recording the tracks now? Or are they only in the recording stage for a handful of songs and the other ones may be at earlier stages? He says that the new singer could be announced before he's done with the album, so I'm trying to understand how close to done he actually is. Some of you guys may have followed this solo album closer than I have.

But from what he said doesn't it kind of sound like they've gone through a bunch of candidates and none of the few they may have really liked worked out, and so now they are back at square one?

In any case I'm not too worried about VR's future. These guys tend to jump from one project to the next in quick succession, so when the solo stuff and Loaded is over they will need something to do and that will be VR.

How long will it take Slash to finished the record? Are they not recording the tracks now? Or are they only in the recording stage for a handful of songs and the other ones may be at earlier stages? He says that the new singer could be announced before he's done with the album, so I'm trying to understand how close to done he actually is. Some of you guys may have followed this solo album closer than I have.

But from what he said doesn't it kind of sound like they've gone through a bunch of candidates and none of the few they may have really liked worked out, and so now they are back at square one?

In any case I'm not too worried about VR's future. These guys tend to jump from one project to the next in quick succession, so when the solo stuff and Loaded is over they will need something to do and that will be VR.

Well I think all of Slash's solo material is written, they're just recording it now. Atleast 2 songs down in a week, so I'd guess it should be done within a month.

I'm pretty excited about the upcoming future concerning Slash's solo material and tba live shows and whatever comes from VR. Which I'm sure they're working on while they're doing other things as well.

They are all doing their own thing.

Imo VR wont come back until 2010

I hope I am wrong

I hope you are wrong also but I agree with you. They keep looking and do not find what they want. Slash said they thought they were close but it did not work out. According to Duf in a previous interview a few months ago they had gone through 400 tapes. Who would have thought it would be this hard.

I found this recent pic of Slash on imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm857049600/nm0805298

America's teenage sweethearts posing with the villainous rock n roller SLASH! Ha, good stuff.

I've a bad feeling about this...

Haha, you mean a Fergie like feeling? :D :D

Let's hope he has got singers like Steven Tyler on the album instead :)

The Fergie thing I didn't mind so much, mostly because Fergie did a decent job on Barracuda, so she could pull of a rock-driven vocal.

But them 2 girlies have no edge whatsoever...

I found this recent pic of Slash on imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm857049600/nm0805298

America's teenage sweethearts posing with the villainous rock n roller SLASH! Ha, good stuff.

I've a bad feeling about this...

Haha, you mean a Fergie like feeling? :D :D

Let's hope he has got singers like Steven Tyler on the album instead :)

The Fergie thing I didn't mind so much, mostly because Fergie did a decent job on Barracuda, so she could pull of a rock-driven vocal.

But them 2 girlies have no edge whatsoever...

Haha, obviously they're not going to be on the album. It was just a pic at some awards party or something. Probably the Oscar thing Slash went to.

Seeing how quickly he's laying things down, it only reinforces that if he and Axl ever got into the studio together again, they'd probably kill each other.

Gotta love his enthusiasm. Seems genuinely pumped out of his mind about what's been done so far...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

"Just got out of the studio, flying to Detroit for a gig tomorrow." -25 minutes ago.

Wonder what gig that is?

Slash is really getting into the twittering. He's right it is a dumb name though. I am also wondering what gig? I checked his myspace and there is nothing about it there either. And nothing on any of the other sites. It might be a private gig.