Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer on Detroit Gig.

Enjoying beautiful downtown Detroit, I'm doing a surprise appearance here tonight.

17 minutes ago from txt

Dammit, I live in Detroit. Where is the surprise gig???????

We do not know it is a susprise.

Let 's try some detective work-Who is concert tonight in Detroit?

Answer on Detroit Gig.

Enjoying beautiful downtown Detroit, I'm doing a surprise appearance here tonight.

17 minutes ago from txt

I looked it up and couldn't really find anything for today in Detroit. The NCAA Final Four is going on there this weekend, so it could be a private type of thing.

Answer on Detroit Gig.

17 minutes ago from txt

I looked it up and couldn't really find anything for today in Detroit. The NCAA Final Four is going on there this weekend, so it could be a private type of thing.

I found out the samething you did. I was hoping someone local might know more. I agree could be private. Imagine Slash at your private party.

Edited by sleeper

Maybe this?

Read where it starts with Sunday.

The Big Dance Detroit Riverfront - Atwater & Beaubein - Detroit (Riverfront)

Three days of free concerts with the ATT Block Party Friday; Saturday features the Pussycat Dolls and Gavin DeGraw; Sunday hosted by Ryan Seacreast with performances by Fergie, Staind, Gym Class Heroes, Janelle Monae and ParachuteFriday April 3: The ATT block partyThe Main Stage 6 p.m.Big...

Maybe this?

Read where it starts with Sunday.

The Big Dance Detroit Riverfront - Atwater & Beaubein - Detroit (Riverfront)

Three days of free concerts with the ATT Block Party Friday; Saturday features the Pussycat Dolls and Gavin DeGraw; Sunday hosted by Ryan Seacreast with performances by Fergie, Staind, Gym Class Heroes, Janelle Monae and ParachuteFriday April 3: The ATT block partyThe Main Stage 6 p.m.Big...

Yeah, that must be it. A special apperance during Fergie's set. Maybe they'll be recording a song as well for his album.

Man, fuck Fergie.

I'm getting burnt out on seeing Slash wheeled around in full attire to play with some awful backing band and random artist X.

Edited by Ant

Yeah we were right.

"Just got done jamming with Fergie in Detroit, back in the studio tomorrow." -1 hour ago

The minute I saw her name I knew it! Damn it has gotten to the point if you see that woman you know Slash is not far behind her.

I don't think Fergie is so awful, it's going to be one song and most likely it will turn out pretty neat, atleast interesting. But I'd love to see Gwen Stefani on this record :book:

I'd probably prefer the chick on the album and the one that Slash occasionally plays with be Pink, but whatever, Fergie will do.

it's not that big a deal, Slash likes to play guitar so he goes out and plays. This is not a new development, he's been doing it since after AFD...

Nah, you're right.

I guess I was just annoyed because I can't get into this Fergie thing at all. With all the potential cool female vocalist partners out there... :shrugs:.

Someone like Brody Dalle would have been infinitely more appealing, imo.

Edited by Ant

"Just got done jamming with Fergie in Detroit, back in the studio tomorrow."

I don't get his friendship with her (at least on a musical level). In modern music he could have gotten someone like Pink instead of Fergie or went old school and got singers like Grace Slick (not sure if she can still sing but it would have been cool), Linda Perry, Patti Smith.

I'm so glad he didn't go with Pink. If Pink would be on his record I should seriously reconsider my stand. But Patti Smith, now that would have been sweet. Or Debbie Harry for that matter, I saw Blondie last summer and I think she sounded great :heart:

But Patti Smith, now that would have been sweet. Or Debbie Harry for that matter, I saw Blondie last summer and I think she sounded great :heart:

Either of those would have been interesting...not sure how many have heard of her,but he could have done something really cool with Bif Naked as well.

Going up to one of the all time great R & R singers' home studio tomorrow to record some vocals.

Steven Tyler...Rod Stewart....Paul Rogers?

I would love it to be Tyler but I am not sure he has a studio in LA.