GNR Provate Jet

I really love airplanes, and I was wondering, what kind of private Jet does GNR use? somebody has pictures of it? Thanks

I wonder if Geffen will downgrade the jet to a Bedford van for a lack of album sales

Edited by greg1795

If there's a tour, a private jet might well be rented for everyone onstage. *

Until then, no point in having one for Guns.

Axl could certainly afford charter flights for his own trips.

* including MPC2000

I really love airplanes, and I was wondering, what kind of private Jet does GNR use? somebody has pictures of it? Thanks

I wonder if Geffen will downgrade the jet to a Bedford van for a lack of album sales

Air_gliding_2.gif

You can just see the tip of the plane here. But Axl arrived in a private jet from Sweden when they played Oslo in '06.

Click the pdf. at the bottom: http://www.dagbladet.no/tekstarkiv/artikke...e;oslo;flyplass

Is that Beta on the right holding up the carpet-thing? Wonder why they did that. Maybe after 11 hours in jail, he didn't look all rockstar-ish.... :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...
Guest charlie555

GnR leased a private jet to travel around the Europe shows in 2010. It was a Falcon I think with a GnR emblem embossed on the tail for the tour.

The band actually usually fly commercial - hence you'll see them tweet about leaving a couple of days earlier than Axl and 'family' to get to the start of the tour leg and posting pics of themselves in commercial airliners (e.g. Bumble on the recent aussie tour). There are also pics floating around of them in business/economy on various airlines on this forum.

Axl flew Qantas first class from LAX with his family to get to the recent aussie legs. He had a private jet to get around the dates there.

I don't think he flies private on tour that much anymore - heaps of pics of him getting into a tour bus on the UCAP and US ChiDem tours.

Bear in mind that most private jets are between $8k and $20k per hour to lease with crew etc. So if you're flying LAX to Sydney you could be talking $200k+. It may make sense on smaller regional legs like between Sydney and Brisbane. But if they're only drawing crowds of 10k ish max per show and netting a couple of hundred thousand per show I doubt they're going to commit up to $50k to go between shows. But then maybe that's where all the release money went!

Do they actually tour profitably? Taking 50+ crew and band + families etc. plus all the hangers on (Del, Jarmo, Fernando etc.) around the world?

Edited by charlie555