U2 Discussion

CryptElf

I'm seeing them in September in Landover, Maryland. Can't wait.

I also plan on seeing them once or twice next summer when they come back around. If I can't see them twice then I'll try to go for a VIP bit.

What does the VIP include? Meet and greets?

I also plan on seeing them once or twice next summer when they come back around. If I can't see them twice then I'll try to go for a VIP bit.

Taken from their site

YOUR VIP EVENING INCLUDES:

Preferred Seating – One premium, top priced reserved seat located close to the stage offering a spectacular view of U2’s innovative new 360° stage design. Tickets will be shipped prior to show date

Reception – 2 hour pre-show VIP reception featuring a first-class catered buffet and open bar (beer and wine)

Parking – Forget about parking hassles; VIP guests will receive a reserved parking pass (one pass per every 2 tickets purchased. Parking passes will be shipped prior to show date

Access – Purchasers of this unique package will be granted access to the venue through a separate VIP entrance

Gift Package - VIP guests will each receive an Official U2 360° Tour merchandise gift package, featuring a special tour VIP item not available to the general public. Exclusive merchandise gift will be distributed the night of the show

Backstage Tour - As part of this package, VIP guests will be eligible to enter a drawing for the chance to win an exclusive backstage tour!

Taken from their site

YOUR VIP EVENING INCLUDES:

Preferred Seating – One premium, top priced reserved seat located close to the stage offering a spectacular view of U2’s innovative new 360° stage design. Tickets will be shipped prior to show date

Reception – 2 hour pre-show VIP reception featuring a first-class catered buffet and open bar (beer and wine)

Parking – Forget about parking hassles; VIP guests will receive a reserved parking pass (one pass per every 2 tickets purchased. Parking passes will be shipped prior to show date

Access – Purchasers of this unique package will be granted access to the venue through a separate VIP entrance

Gift Package - VIP guests will each receive an Official U2 360° Tour merchandise gift package, featuring a special tour VIP item not available to the general public. Exclusive merchandise gift will be distributed the night of the show

Backstage Tour - As part of this package, VIP guests will be eligible to enter a drawing for the chance to win an exclusive backstage tour!

So a 'chance' to go backstage. Hmmmm....

Just got backkk from the show!

Quite simply it was amazing.

Sound was a little off at times but the visual spectacle of the show was fantastic.

Here is the setlist.

1.Breathe

2.No Line on the Horizon

3.Get On Your Boots

4.Magnificent

5.Beautiful Day with London Calling, London Bridges and Blackbird snippets

6.Elevation

7.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For with Movin' On Up snippet / 500th live appearance

8.Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

9.Unknown Caller

10.The Unforgettable Fire

11.City Of Blinding Lights

12.Vertigo

13.I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight with Two Tribes and O Come All Ye Faithful snippets

14.Sunday Bloody Sunday with Rock The Casbah snippet

15.Pride (In The Name Of Love)

16.MLK

17.Walk On with You'll Never Walk Alone [snippet]

18.Where The Streets Have No Name

19.One preceded by Desmond Tutu speech

20.Mysterious Ways with brief Norwegian Wood snippet

Encores:

21.Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

22.With Or Without You

23.Moment of Surrender

For me the highlights were Walk On, The Unforgettable Fire, Ill Go Crazy, Pride and Ultraviolet

But BS they did play Mysterious Ways :lol:

Everyone was just dancing to that like crazy but when they got the big disco ball out ontop of the Claw and the entire stadium was lit up by it was stunning.

I have never been to/ seen a more visually stunning show. It maybe even tops Popmarts look.

Loved the little Karaoke bit they had during Unknown Caller!

And was great when Bono went to sing I Still Haven't Found and he didnt need to coz the crowd were doing it for him and we sang the first verse and chorus without him

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

I think Unforgettable Fire was probably the best song.

However during I'll Go Crazy the entire screen was down on the ground covering up where the drums and stuff were and while Larry was walking with his bonjos they turned the drums around so he was looking the other way.

Guest floyd the barber

My favorite song by U2 has to be the Unforgettable Fire. It is one of their more popular songs on the charts, but I wouldn't call it mainstream.

I tell you The Unforgettable Fire live on this tour is fucking spectacular

:thumbsup:

Highlights for me were probably Streets, Breathe, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck In A Moment and Crazy (people went fucking nuts).. best show I've ever seen, musically and visually. Got videos for Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), Breathe and City Of Blinding Lights I'll stick up on youtube tommorow.

I don't think I've seen the edition with the mug and shirt. At my local music store that I go to, they have the Boy and October (and I think War) releases that are about $30 or so, and they are remastered, come with a bigger booklet, and I think an extra CD. I'd like to get them eventually, despite the price.

And as you said, I too am looking forward to those other remasters. It'll still be awhile until we get those if they are going by the 25 Year Anniversaries. Hopefully they'll find some other unreleased tracks for those and put them out as well. :)

I'm going to be honest... I think The Unforgettable Fire is my least favorite U2 album. :(

My least favourite has to be War. I just can't get into that album, especially New Years Day - I don't like that song and never have. No clue why.

Edited by Snake Eyes