Them Crooked Vultures

Estranged Reality

Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones Are Them Crooked Vultures!

I searched and didn't see a topic for this yet. For shame! (If there is a topic already, then I take it back.)

2cpdbuc.jpg

They played their first show last night in a small Chicago club. Reviews have been outstanding from fans and the few press that got in. A reviewer for the Sun-Times said they're "a supergroup that not only deserves that appellation, but which actually is greater than the sum of its storied parts." And one of their storied parts was in Led Zeppelin! Shit! rock4

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the idea of Dave Grohl and JPJ in a band together, mmmmm. Anyone here think that kit is massive for Dave considering what he used to use in Nirvana?

Come to think of it, yes it is, but I don't care. Dave is behind the kit again! The Foo Fighters are pretty good, but he belongs behind the drums.

It

Wow, that sounds horrible. Maybe it'll sound better in the middle of a song or something, but as a "teaser", it sure underwhelms to a substantial degree.

How is that Horrible? Second I heard it I joined the TCV message board

Good for you? I just don't like it at all. How you can get all giddy like that from hearing 14 seconds of music is a bit odd. I mean, for a teaser you expect some great music that excites you, I left feeling very underwhelm, and it was a horrible teaser, in my opinion.

It

Wow, that sounds horrible. Maybe it'll sound better in the middle of a song or something, but as a "teaser", it sure underwhelms to a substantial degree.

Good for you? I just don't like it at all. How you can get all giddy like that from hearing 14 seconds of music is a bit odd. I mean, for a teaser you expect some great music that excites you, I left feeling very underwhelm, and it was a horrible teaser, in my opinion.

boo hoo

It

boo hoo

Great reply, bud. :thumbsup:

It

Using your logic, how can you be so underwhelmed by 14 seconds of music? So, people can't be happy about a sample but you can hate it? Yeah, that makes sense.