Them Crooked Vultures

Estranged Reality

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It

Wow, that sounds horrible. Maybe it'll sound better in the middle of a song or something, but as a "teaser", it sure underwhelms to a substantial degree.

How is that Horrible? Second I heard it I joined the TCV message board

Good for you? I just don't like it at all. How you can get all giddy like that from hearing 14 seconds of music is a bit odd. I mean, for a teaser you expect some great music that excites you, I left feeling very underwhelm, and it was a horrible teaser, in my opinion.

Using your logic, how can you be so underwhelmed by 14 seconds of music? So, people can't be happy about a sample but you can hate it? Yeah, that makes sense.

I was just let down by the teaser, as teasers are usually meant to get you excited. I'd personally never get excited over 14 seconds, is all. But that doesn't mean I'd automatically be disappointed, but I am disappointed with this one.

And I don't like the 33 second one either, so I dunno.

It

Wow, that sounds horrible. Maybe it'll sound better in the middle of a song or something, but as a "teaser", it sure underwhelms to a substantial degree.

How is that Horrible? Second I heard it I joined the TCV message board

Good for you? I just don't like it at all. How you can get all giddy like that from hearing 14 seconds of music is a bit odd. I mean, for a teaser you expect some great music that excites you, I left feeling very underwhelm, and it was a horrible teaser, in my opinion.

Using your logic, how can you be so underwhelmed by 14 seconds of music? So, people can't be happy about a sample but you can hate it? Yeah, that makes sense.

I was just let down by the teaser, as teasers are usually meant to get you excited. I'd personally never get excited over 14 seconds, is all. But that doesn't mean I'd automatically be disappointed, but I am disappointed with this one.

And I don't like the 33 second one either, so I dunno.

You didn't get excited about the 16-seconds "Checkmate" leak? ;)

http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/46941

They just supported the Arctics in Brixton.

apparently they were the secret band playing at Pukklepop

Yep, and they also were the surprise act at Lowlands.

I saw them at Pukkelpop. Great show, and I'm sure they'll come up with a great album. But I prefered the performance from QOTSA at Pinkpop last year.

You can watch some good quality videos from Lowlands here:

http://www.moefz.nl/log/item.php?id=5113

Them Crooked Vultures are set to tour the UK in December, NME.COM can exclusively reveal.

The rock collective – featuring Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl, Queens Of The Stone Age's Josh Homme and Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones – will play six UK live dates as part of the gig run.

The jaunt will begin in Plymouth on December 8 and wrap up at the London Hammersmith Apollo on December 17.

Them Crooked Vultures played a secret show at the Leeds Festival on Friday (August 28), then one at the Reading Festival on Saturday (29).

Tickets for the December tour go on sale at 10am (BST) on Friday (September 4).

Them Crooked Vultures will play:

Plymouth Pavilions (December 10)

Portsmouth Guildhall (11)

Blackpool Empress Ballroom (13)

Birmingham O2 Academy (14)

Edinburgh O2 Academy (15)

London HMV Hammersmith Apollo (17)

To check the availability of Them Crooked Vultures tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

If you're on O2 you can get Priority Tickets to The O2 and O2 Academy venues up to 48 hours before they go on general release. Register at o2.co.uk/priority. Terms apply

Guest floyd the barber

It's funny how everyone is going crazy for this band when one of the members is from Eagles of Death Metal. I was almost positive everyone hated them from this forum.

Why would you hate them because you think they suck? Just ignore them.

I don't like them either, but Eagles of Death Metal is hardly what Josh Homme is most famous for anyway...

I didn't mean I hated the band itself, I was referring to the music...

And Josh Homme is famous for QOTSA, which I don't like either, so I dunno. To be perfectly honest, I don't like anything the dude's done. :shrugs:

I'm hoping with the combination of Grohl and John Paul Jones in the band they can release cool music, regardless.

Why would you hate them because you think they suck? Just ignore them.

I don't like them either, but Eagles of Death Metal is hardly what Josh Homme is most famous for anyway...

I didn't mean I hated the band itself, I was referring to the music...

And Josh Homme is famous for QOTSA, which I don't like either, so I dunno. To be perfectly honest, I don't like anything the dude's done. :shrugs:

I'm hoping with the combination of Grohl and John Paul Jones in the band they can release cool music, regardless.

I'm just getting annoyed with people "hating" everything :P Nothing personal.

I used to agree with you about QOTSA but I've changed my mind during the last half year so I'm pretty excited for this...