Them Crooked Vultures

Estranged Reality

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£35 for a band that haven't released a fucking thing yet...ridiculous.

In that case I wouldn't have bought a ticket anyway. £35 for a new band... at the fucking corn exchange. Even if the members are who they are. They should have just played bigger venues with cheaper ticket prices, the demand for them just got proved this morning.

Think I'll just get some Ian Brown ones for £20 instead, d'you know how he is live these days?

Think I'll just get some Ian Brown ones for £20 instead, d'you know how he is live these days?

I'm seeing him at my local venue. Yeah he's alright, I saw him at the MEN gig a few years back with Noel & Gem. He'll be doing plenty of tracks off his new one, he is the 'Pile on a load of new tracks to let everyone know it's my best album yet' type :rolleyes: And his voice can be a bit dodgy, but his band are top notch, and he's got the tunes to make a great set.

• 1 month later...

Great track with flawed production, Geez I really hoped that after CD was realeased every big band would release stuff in that kind of quality.

The production is a throwback to bands like Led Zep and The Stooges, as has always been the case with Homme -- he filters his guitars through bass amps and shit and gets a nice distorted, druggy atmosphere.

I like it.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Great track with flawed production, Geez I really hoped that after CD was realeased every big band would release stuff in that kind of quality.

I hope no one ever releases anything as over produced and lame as CD.

no compression and great mixing are awesome, every band should release uncompressed CDs. And point with Stooges and Led Zeppelin I am big fan of those bands , but they made records decades ago, now there are different posibiliites, I love how you can hear everything on CD even when turned really, really loud , I am not talking about overproduction but about lack of compression and how crisp instruments are. Re-recording and adding new elements etc is not what I am talking about. I love how CD is produced generally speaking but can see why others don't like, but here my point was lack of compression and how everything was mixed considering intruments.