The ELECTRO Thread!

highvoltage

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about Calvin Harris' Ready for the Weekend when you compare it to I Created Disco?

I honestly think it's a step up. The title track, I'm Not Alone and Flashback were 3 of the best singles from 2009, full stop. The album is solid except for maybe one or two tracks, and even they are growers. I don't know about the rest of the world, but I think the British dance scene has been lacking some mainstay, durable names since the mid 90s, when you had the likes of The Prodigy, the Chemical Bros, Fatboy Slim etc. There's been too many one hit wonders (DJ Sammy ringing any bells?) and I'm just glad that Calvin, and Pendulum in particular, have lasted more than one album :)

Chemical Brothers

The Prodigy

Daft Punk

Deadmau5

Calvin Harris

Friendly Fires

Ellie Goulding

La Roux

Justice

Genius.

Seen them all except Ellie Goulding and Justice... the latter of which makes me cry a little bit every time I think about it.

I stole my one of my friends (professional photographer) camera off her half way through La Roux's set, stuck it above my head and took a one handed, blind shot:

25979_393022096304_644291304_3916665_5522249_n.jpg

The proper pics she got were just a -tiny- bit better...

25979_393022071304_644291304_3916661_258109_n.jpg

25979_393022086304_644291304_3916663_6872590_n.jpg

This thread makes me wanna party...... :heart:

Once property and professional conduct are done, I'm going out on a rampage. I haven't touched alcohol for like 5 days...!

im in the same boat.... Im gonna have an equitable servitude on Jack Daniel's, while i'm adversely possessed by partying way past the twenty one year statute of limitations... (fuck property, fuck my life, got finals in 2 weeks, i wanna cry cry cry)

BTW i'm not sure how much this qualifies for this thread, but i totally heart al PULP cds.

I'm guessing this will be a big summer hit, even though it's been out for some time:

Stromae - Alors on Danse

It gained some momentum here a month or so ago, still gets the occasional spin on Triple J (national youth music station).

Didn't get as much airplay (or club play) as this though...

Not that the two songs are similar, you just reminded me of a song that got big with non-English lyrics...

It gained some momentum here a month or so ago, still gets the occasional spin on Triple J (national youth music station).

Didn't get as much airplay (or club play) as this though...

Not that the two songs are similar, you just reminded me of a song that got big with non-English lyrics...

Never heard that one before. Really cool :P

Is the "Yolanda Be Cool" art made by So Me? It's sure looks like it.

Chemical Brothers

The Prodigy

Daft Punk

Deadmau5

Calvin Harris

Friendly Fires

Ellie Goulding

La Roux

Justice

Genius.

Seen them all except Ellie Goulding and Justice... the latter of which makes me cry a little bit every time I think about it.

Saw Ellie Goulding last week, she was good, but I had to leave to catch the train home before she did Starry eyed (She spent about 10 minutes of her encore farting around with acoustic bonus tracks and covers). She's hot as hell though, so I forgive her.

Will be making sure I catch some of La Roux and Calvin at V this year, unfortunately The Prodigy are on at the same time as Kasabian, no competition.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, the new LCD Soundsystem album is good! Different from the selftitled album, but much more chill-ish :shades:

EDIT:

LCD Soundsystem - Home - The last song on the album :)

The last album they'll release. A real shame, because t's awesome. At least Murphy's taking them out on top. :)

He sure is :P Can't wait to see them this summer.

Any news on the Justice album that was supposed to be out early this year? I'm really looking forward to hearing something new from them, because I was very much into ✞ and I'm really interested in seeing if they can top it :)

Damn, the new LCD Soundsystem album is good! Different from the selftitled album, but much more chill-ish :shades:

EDIT:

LCD Soundsystem - Home - The last song on the album :)

The last album they'll release. A real shame, because t's awesome. At least Murphy's taking them out on top. :)

He sure is :P Can't wait to see them this summer.

Any news on the Justice album that was supposed to be out early this year? I'm really looking forward to hearing something new from them, because I was very much into ✞ and I'm really interested in seeing if they can top it :)

I've heard nothing but I haven't really been digging. Across the Universe made it's way back onto my radar this week which is cool.

I'm pretty excited for Daft Punk's return on the TRON Legacy soundtrack too. Could a band/film ever have made a more perfect matchup? Hopefully some of the big hitters will come back in big ways this year.

I can't stop dancing :heart: !

To what!? :shades:

Honestly i've never been much in to electro but crystal castles & deadmau5 are changing that for me :shades:

CC new album is class! Been listening to nothing but the new CC, LCD Soundsystem, Foals and Hold Steady albums for weeks..

Will be making sure I catch some of La Roux and Calvin at V this year, unfortunately The Prodigy are on at the same time as Kasabian, no competition.

....Prodigy were better. ;)

Prodigy are awesome ,i didnt care much for them (liked two songs at best) until i saw them live, is one my list of best concerts! Two years ago i went to this festival here in Vila nova de Gaia and they were the main band on that day along with some portuguese bands . Was lots of fun ...but people were going crazy there was a lot of mosh going on (and i was at the front )i remenber seing one of my friends just being pushed away to the middle of the crazyness. I tried to grab her but couldnt...i was like "byeeeeeeeeee, was good to know you :mellow: ".

All turned out well ....ah and something funny Maxim Reality hugged one of my friends that was on the front row . She commented later " i didnt even want to ...he was all sweaty"what a nice present for her birthday :P

Edited by love&hates