Attending? say so right here

gunsguy

Guest Sweet Tooth

Toronto will happen, Hamilton, Ottawa, and London are up in the air for me.

Same goes for me.

I'm down got a pre-show get together! We'll talk more as the dates appear closer. It would be cool to go see them in London, I'm inbetween London and Hamilton but the last Toronto show was awesome (and more of my friends will be able to come if I go to that show). All three shows would be awesome!

I'm going to be taking a road trip during this time and I would like to come to Toronto for this show. The only problem is I won't have extra money to buy snow tires. Are they an absolute necessity in Canada in early Feb? Could I squeak by without them? I've never even driven in snow before.

I'm going to be taking a road trip during this time and I would like to come to Toronto for this show. The only problem is I won't have extra money to buy snow tires. Are they an absolute necessity in Canada in early Feb? Could I squeak by without them? I've never even driven in snow before.

Trust me, you'll need the best snow tires you can get. Last year I took my sports car out (with summer tires) in January on what looked to be a dry road, clear day. Later, while I was on the highway a mega snow storm hit and it's a miracle I made it home. Was all over the road. You might wanna think of renting a car in this area - still probably cheaper for you than a set of winter tires.

Trust me, you'll need the best snow tires you can get. Last year I took my sports car out (with summer tires) in January on what looked to be a dry road, clear day. Later, while I was on the highway a mega snow storm hit and it's a miracle I made it home. Was all over the road. You might wanna think of renting a car in this area - still probably cheaper for you than a set of winter tires.

Yeah that's what I figured.

I looked up bus tickets so I'm just going to end up doing that. I'm going to go the day before and catch the Raptors play, then GNR the next night, followed by a bus ride. I'm going to be homeless in toronto for a 2 days to see Gnr. This is going to be epic.

Hopefully Toronto smells really nice to Beta

I see you are taking the bus Gnr Bar, but in case you change your mind...you can get by without snow tires, I've never used them but then again I don't drive a sports car with summer tires. That's definitely not advisable! It really also depends on your car. A rear wheel drive sports car needs winters. A front wheel drive sedan can get by with all-seasons.

I drive a Grand Prix and have always used all season tires. Toronto being a major city with busy streets, and because snow is nothing new for us, they always plow the roads really quick. Most of the time the roads are clean and dry. But where you may run into problems is if you are on the road during or after a heavy snowfall, or if there is freezing rain. All seasons won't give you ultimate grip, so you have to drive extra careful. The last couple of winters we've gotten tons of snow.

For anyone driving to Canada, I wouldn't buy snow tires. That's expensive for one single trip. I'd go with all seasons, pray it doesn't snow on the few days you're in the country, and give yourself plenty of extra time if it does. And if you die in a horrific crash because of this advice, well I told you to be extra careful and obviously you weren't. So don't come crying to me as I will have none of it. tongue2.gif And bring a really warm coat. Jan/Feb are scary cold.

One thing you can do perhaps is buy winter tires and then sell them right after to a used tire place. You'd still likely be out $200 though. Or maybe the tiremaker has an exchange policy, you may be able to say you changed your mind on the winters and exchange them for a set of all seasons.

Sorry, it was the Armadillo Texas Grill that we all met up at. It was a good spot, played lots of GNR that night.

The Armadillo is the best place to go to.

I always go hang out there to eat and drink a bunch of beers or whatever before any concert @ the ACC I go to.

• 2 weeks later...