OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

I know, man. That's why I said it will probably not happen. Most people always want to hear the same, eat the same, do the same, etc.... But I like the Illusions better than Appetite anyways and would love to see a change.

Hell, cover some new Kids on the Block songs if it's necessary, but don't always play the same shit!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 days... its weird.... i think that within 10 days or so we should be getting new pics of axl... possible rehearsal footage/audio, new hints at what will be played... possibley a picture of the stage setup.... 12 more days man.....

has anybody figured out what time it will be in the US/Canada when guns hit the stage in taiwan??

He can't drop the AFD stuff. That's what most people want to hear. Most of the best loved GNR music is from AFD.

Nonsense.

The upcoming shows are the 3rd installment of the 'Chinese Democracy Tour'.

A third installment of the same tour would obviously suggest that 'Chinese Democracy' contains GN'R most beloved music.

Guest Sweet Tooth

I kinda wanna leave the setlist a surprise for when I actually go see them myself but it will be tough to resist. I'm expecting the better music video to be played on the screens when they play it as well.

i still cant believe how fast this year has gone! its already getting closer and closer to these dates, it still seems early in the year for me.

I am hoping to hear a bit more CD with a few more Illusions too (such as yesterdays or civil war) but im not holding my breath for those.

Just wanted to bump this thread and say, FUCK YEAH. Only 11 more days.

Axl, Bumble, Ashba, we're ready for you guys to set the world on fire!

'Chinese Democracy' heavy setlists please !!

Do you ever just like....take a break from your hatred?

In my opinion, I think I'll miss Robin. For all the shit he gets from fans on the old tunes, I love hearing him playing his solos on Better, Street of Dreams, IRS, Chinese Democracy, etc. Not knocking Ashba at all, really like his work with Sixx:AM in fact, but I reckon I'll miss Robin.

I'd like to hear more Chinese Democracy tunes, as well as some Illusion material (Civil War, Yesterday, Don't Cry).

Wonder what Ron has planned for his solo segment, doubt he'll have Don't Cry still in it.

Could the US tour be delayed because the plans for this Van Halen stadium tour from ages ago are still going ahead but til next summer? :book:

Better video maybe surfacing finally?

just curious.......what time will it be here in the states when they hit the stage for the first time? I guess I could do the math my self, but I figure some of you hardcore MFers have already done it for me.

In answering my own question from a few days ago, I have discovered that Taipei is 14 hours ahead the U.S. central standard time. So Axl and guns should be hitting the stage around 8-9am or so my time. I think that's right.

Guest ben9785

well it will be great for them to be onstage, and find out what they played, see some photos.. personally i am interested as to which "Chinese Democracy" songs they will pull out.. and whether they will open with "WTTJ" or "Chinese Democracy"..

Edited by ben9785

well it will be great for them to be onstage, and find out what they played, see some photos.. personally i am interested as to which "Chinese Democracy" songs they will pull out.. and whether they will open with "WTTJ" or "Chinese Democracy"..

Oh Chinese Democracy is a must for anyone who liked the album. I would love it if they opened with Chinese Democracy and moved on to Shackler then Rhiad, kinda like the Appitite thing they did last time aroung. WTTJ is a great opener, it just could also work in the middle of the set-list as well.